It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1929 Depression Timeline - Scary Similiraties, Interesting Facts, What to Look Forward To.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
CHECK THIS OUT - www.pbs.org...

1929 OCT "The "crash" began on October 24 (Black Thursday). By October 29, stock prices had plummeted and banks were calling in loans. An estimated $30 billion in stock values "disappeared" by mid-November."

Same Months in the near future????

1929 NOV "Any lack of confidence in the economic future or the basic strength of business in the United States is foolish."--President Herbert Hoover"

Was Herbert Hoover referring to McCain's fundamentals of the Economy?

1930 NOV "The street corners of New York City are crowded with apple-sellers. Nearly six thousand unemployed individuals worked at selling apples for five cents a piece."

What will New Yorkers sell in today's world? Drugs or Apples?

1931 FEB " "Food riots" begin to break out in parts of the U.S." "In Los Angeles, California, Mexican Americans found themselves being accused of stealing jobs from "real" Americans. During the month, 6,024 of them were deported."

Now we know the true immigration policy...

1931 MAR - "Three thousand unemployed workers march on the Ford Motor Company's plant ."

Oh Ford, when will you taste the fruits of stability.

1932 JAN- "The R.F.C. was allowed to lend $2 billion to banks, insurance companies, building and loan associations, "

Is this what the FED is doing?

1932 JUNE- "Determined to collect their "bonus" pay for service, between 15,000 to 25,000 World War I veterans gather and begin setting up encampments near the White House and the Capitol in Washington, D.C."

Would Iraq (maybe Iran) Veterans do the same?

1933 MARCH- "On March 12, FDR delivers the first of what came to be known as his "fireside chats." In his initial "chat" he appealed to the nation to join him in "banishing fear."

I believe Obama fits the "fireside" chat type.

"The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) is established. Designed as a relief and employment program for young men between the ages of 17 and 27, the CCC was envisioned by FDR as a kind of volunteer "army" that would work in national forests, parks, and federal land for nine-month stints."

Hmm, sounds like Obama's plan.

"TVA act was considered a huge experiment in social planning." "Opponents of the TVA called it "communistic to its core."

I heard these criticisms before.

1933 September - "In an effort to stabilize prices, the federal agricultural program orders the slaughter of more than 6 million pigs. "

You can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig. Slaughter it!

"Using the radio airwaves as his pulpit, Father Coughlin railed against "predatory capitalism." His criticism of the banking industry and disdain of communism soon dovetailed into a troubling gospel of anti-Semitism."

Didn't we help instigate WWII?

1940 NOV "Franklin Roosevelt is elected to an unprecedented third term as president, defeating Wendell Willkie. FDR's victory is seen as proof of the nation's support of his war policies."

Oh, so war policy is the name of McCains game.

1940 NOV "In little over a year, following Japan's December 1941 bombing of Pearl Harbor, the U.S. would enter the war in the Pacific and in Europe. The war effort jump-started U.S. industry and effectively ended the Great Depression."

WOW. So thats how we get out of tough economic situations. Maybe thats why the US fights a war every decade. But now, we have one we can fight every day, 'The War on Terror". Maybe WWIII is our way out of this next one.

[edit on 18-9-2008 by '___'eed]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I believe that history does repeat where the same issues are played out again and again until the majority takes the initiative to break the cycle (like Neo in the Matrix).

I think you'll find that the same scenarios have been repeated throughout history, however as time progresses the time between events is decreasing making things appear as though they're speeding up.

Expect those events you listed to play out almost exactly word for word, but also expect them to be repeated entirely within the next year to 18 months.

Look into Terence McKenna's work for proof of history repeating (Novelty Theory). Since you're username's '___'eed, I'm sure you've heard of McKenna.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's all happening, and it's happening quickly.

[edit on 18/9/08 by Evasius]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

I'm glad you have seen it too!

While I was mowing through the time line it seemed like today's events are more of a crunched version of the past

I totally agree. And I feel that individuals go through these events in their personal lives (on a micro level).

I personally enjoyed this thread because it is proof of McKenna's theory!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The market crashed over 20% during the Great Wall street Crash - that cannot happen again (post-1987) due to circuit breakers in the system that suspend trading. Wall Street will sometimes stop trading on large volumes and drops below 10% - mainly +7%.

A recession occurred in the 30s, but the depression was caused by serve deflation in the economy - we are close to stagflation (the opposite.) Currently we have inflation problems in the system. The recovery plan during the depression was, in theory, creating a social democracy.

However, like 1929, we had a large credit and housing bubble - with the world very dependent on cheap American money. In 2008, we are dependent on cheap money coming from China.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Major differences between then and now..........

-Gov't didn't have 15 trillion debt (that's what is on the books)

-Dollar was backed by gold

-There were no trade deficts...we supplied the world

-There was no credit cards, home equity loans, 30:1 leverage

-We had a manufacturing base

-People new how to survive....grow their own food. No relying on the gov't

I'm paraphrasing from Gerald Celente form C2C last night.....Hei s spot on.....

[edit on 18-9-2008 by Pinktip]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

So what is your conclusion of the current US economic situation?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinktip

So what is you conclusion to the current US economic situation?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Also this time around we have incredible amounts of cash flow from all over the world making infusions to keep the markets going.

The question are, for how long before all the cash infusions start to run dry, and how much debt can a nation takes before declaring the nation bankrupt.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

So we will be owned by China?

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
So what is you conclusion to the current US economic situation?

I've listened to Celente for 6 months. He was spot on with what is happening today and his Future scenario is a Depression much worse than the 30's because we are much more vulernable.

Roubini is on board also.....

www.rgemonitor.com...

more......

market-ticker.denninger.net...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
No only China, but also look into the investors that are contributing to the cash flow in the financial institutions.

I will name a few, the Emirates, Saudi Arabia, China, Singapur, Korea as just the Few.

Then we most ask one more questions as Americans, How much of a hoax is the "war on terror"? Why? because the way our nation is going all this countries that will be owning our financial system will be influencing the policies and politics in Washington.

See, even with the ones that our government is bailing out, they will not be owned by the US government for long, they will be put on the auction block just like US debt for sell.

So far our biggest buyer used to be Japan, but China has surpassed Japan already if I am no mistaken.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
That the borrowed money is coming from overseas is not really the salient point. This is now truly a world economy, so you have to think of the whole world being in this mess rather than just the United States in the 30's. What happened then was more akin to a domino affect between separate economies. Now it is more like the dominoes are all linked together with wires so that they rise or fall simultaneously.

This brings entirely different dynamics into the problems.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Good thread.

The very fact that so many persons are completely unaware of what is happening in this world creates a situation in which the enemies of These United States of America can capitilize on in order to plunder the riches created by the labours of the standard American and Canadian citizen.

McCain is half right when he expounds on the work ethic of America yet he is so out of touch with what the standard American faces.

Health Care, even with insurance, for an average American family is WAY to expensive.

ie. when I was working in the USA $400. dollars a month was taken out of my cheque for the "top of the line " health care package.

$ 300 dollars a month was taken out of my account for my auto insurance.

$1200. dollars a month mortgage.

$ 400 dollars a month for daycare.

That is $2300 per month just for basic survival.

That is simply toooooo much money.

I decided to simply drop out of the rat race about two years ago. I sold everything, got out of debt and moved to Canada.

Now I live on the cheap but i am much happier and i get to put my little girl on the schoolbus every morning, I get to spend time with my old lady, etc...

People need to wake up and drop out of this crazy, life sucking, money hungry evil system and tune in to family and community.

St. john, a fellow " explorer", stated "all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the boastful pride of life is not from the FATHER...but it is from the world. the world and its lusts are passing away..."
written in about 90 AD or so

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'eed

I shall post across what I said in another thread:

The merger in the United Kingdom between Lloyds TSB and HBOS is the future of the finanical system. Governments will basically rewrite rules and add small regulation for giant banks - who will then have significant control over the market. To ensure capitalism continues, governments will have to allow massive monopolies to manipulate the market and limit competition.

No need to race for profits and create bubbles when there is hardly no competitors in the markets, right? France is a perfect example of a cartel of banks who control the market. Canada is another too.

After 2009, the little guy will no longer exist.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043 and grumble

It looks like we can expect a further dissolve of US sovereignty.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Thats brave and I'm not that far behind you.

I'm a college grad (Accounting) that sees through all the BS. I never take my health down before work. When I noticed that all the Accountants are frying on medications, alcohol, and a lack of sleep, I said to myself the money isn't worth this.

I know that all these costs are BS because I have not been able to save a dime. I'm all theory and no action, I'm wondering when I should depart.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Interesting outcome, and it seems like the most logical.

I wonder how the Average American will suffer in all this.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
www.huppi.com...

I was going to post something similar ^ so I figured I would just put the link here instead. It is a longer time line.

One tiny bit of comfort was that the unemployment rate at the worst of times was only 25%. So, 3 out of 4 people were still working. Unfortunately, 50% of the country was below the poverty line. When I think of the depression, all I can picture is the food lines and in my mind the unemployment rate was closer to 90%, so 25% doesn't sound so bad. Even though I know the real number is higher.

What worries me is how we got out of the depression. WWII was the main trigger of getting the economy going. I just don't see how we can afford to start another war to get out of this mess we are in now though.

Scary times.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Thanks for the post. I would of not take offense if you made a separate thread. I'm not greedy. I would of just posted my thoughts on the issue and maybe my link there too. The more reach of information to the masses the better.

I agree that it seemed like 90% employment in our heads, but 25% is still a lot! This bail-out bill seems crazy and yet a small minority is pushing for this.
If the government continues like his I can see revolution brewing.

It is weird and scary times. This year will not be boring.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
A quick find in response to the bail-out controversy:

1932 January -- Congress establishes the Reconstruction Finance Corporation. The R.F.C. was allowed to lend $2 billion to banks, insurance companies, building and loan associations, agricultural credit organizations and railroads. Critics of the R.F.C. called it "the millionaires' dole."

new topics

top topics

join