It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timewave Zero - a closer look

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Here are two books by McKenna available on PDF:

The Invisible Landscape
True Hallucinations

There are quite a few mentions of Novelty Theory and Timewave Zero in both, and they're definitely worth reading if you're interested in the timewave program.

[edit on 23/11/08 by Evasius]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
Here are two books by McKenna available on PDF:

The Invisible Landscape
True Hallucinations

There are quite a few mentions of Novelty Theory and Timewave Zero in both, and they're definitely worth reading if you're interested in the timewave program.

[edit on 23/11/08 by Evasius]

thanks for all the material and your work.

What I notice in it is a certain way to intent the "scientifical approach" that I'm not sure that would be shared by McKenna.

"The closest thing I could compare it to was an alchemi- cal text published (in the classic period—the seventeenth century—before the bonds linking science and magic were severed, when it was still possible to have a scientist magician on the order of Isaac Newton."

I would like to discuss with you this kind of approach.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Fenice999

I, unlike McKenna, am forced to approach this subject with an un-altered mind, and I cannot immerse myself and devote my consciousness fully to this pursuit of the timewave. He was on another level completely.

My approach on this subject will remain insufficient without more shared insight offered by you and others that find Novelty Theory fascinating. So I thank you for your contributions as well, and I look forward to whatever is added to this thread over time.

There are many ways to look at these ideas. My most familiar mindset is that of a scientific nature, and since my numerical skills are lacking, much of what I contribute here is either theoretical or has already been proven elsewhere. I have to leave the number crunching to the mathematicians. This is yet another reason that McKenna was on another level - he was good with numbers, theory, and the science behind it.

I must assume that of all the things I've written on the timewave so far, McKenna might only be interested in the idea of wave interference and how it might bring about the zero-point in his graph. I suppose it's pointless for me to wonder about such things - it could very well be that if he were alive today, he'd have a completely different view of his novelty theory. It would be amazing to see how his ideas would have evolved had he survived his ordeal.

With that said, thank you indeed for your previous posts - I'm still looking into a few things, namely the 'Ra Material.' Feel free to discuss it here, via U2U, or in my 'comments' section on my profile page.

[edit on 24/11/08 by Evasius]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Regarding the ideas put forth in previous posts on The Singularity, the whole purpose of such a process is for the universe to seed itself with intelligence and allow it to reach fruition by saturating its entire mass with the resulting consciousness. If our current process continues on this exponential path of growth and development, the entire known universe will be overcome and controlled by our consciousness within this century. Seems unlikely, I agree.

This idea raises a number of questions. First and foremost (if this process is representative of the evolution of every conscious collective in the universe), just where the heck are these other intelligent beings? Older civilizations would have reached this point in their technological growth eons ago – why isn’t our known universe saturated with their consciousness? Well, perhaps it is. The simplistic viewpoint would be, since we have not experienced contact with these intelligences, they must either not exist, or we are the most advanced beings in the known universe. While anything’s possible, I tend to believe that there are others, and we are not the gods of this realm.

One solution to the above problem of absence could be that life, once it reaches a certain level of advancement, harnesses the laws of physics and leaves this universe for yet another universe, or even into hyperspace itself. So when we reach this point, we will inevitably leave as well.

Another solution would be that each civilization reaching singularity remains within this universe, however they become something beyond the physical – something not bound by the three dimensional nature of our surroundings. Perhaps they live parallel to us in something similar to what has become known as the ‘spiritual realm.’

A third solution would be that within our universe, such rampant progress is simply not allowed. Although our universe seems quite chaotic and random at times, there is great balance and harmony involved in all its physical processes. A good example is the Goldilocks Enigma proposed by Paul Davies. It’s his view that certain attributes of our universe are so perfect and just right that there has to be some reason for it. The conditions present for our existence are so finely tuned that straying from these parameters even slightly would doom us all – in fact we’d never have existed in the first place.

Beyond the obvious prerequisites such as water, the sun’s energy and the various chemical elements (oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, etc) needed to make biomass, there’s the tricky stuff. If protons were a tiny bit heavier they would decay into neutrons, and atoms would disintegrate. No carbon would have been formed by nuclear reactions inside stars if the nuclear force varied by more than a scintilla.

“Somehow,” he writes, “the universe has engineered, not just its own awareness, but its own comprehension. Mindless, blundering atoms have conspired to make, not just life, not just mind, but understanding. The evolving cosmos has spawned beings who are able not merely to watch the show, but to unravel the plot.”

If this universe is so finely tuned for our existence, it would make sense that there would be physical laws protecting itself from us – laws that constrain technological progress via cycles and cataclysms that kick our ‘anthill’ when it gets too high, so to speak. Perhaps there’s a built-in circuit breaker or ‘kill-switch’ embedded within the cosmic clock that kicks in at the crucial time and resets civilization back to zero. We could be subject to cycles we never knew existed – great cycles of destruction and renewal, possibly like that of Mayan legend (and many, many others). Striving to break free from these cycles intact could be the driving force of all life in the universe; to keep getting up after every defeat in the hopes of breaking free from this dark prison.

It’s quite clear that life on Earth is largely controlled by astral phenomena; rotations, cycles, energies, and forces. We seem blind to it today, but the ancients were aware of the connections and likewise built life, legend, and prophecy around them. Biological life has internal clocks that react with are attuned to the magnetic and electromagnetic fields of the Earth, which are also directly affected by the motions of other local cosmic bodies. It’s all connected – time, consciousness, energy, matter…along with technology, economies, weather, birth rates, extinctions – it goes on and on.

So maybe this is why we don’t see the universe swarming with other beings; we’re kept secluded and constrained by our seemingly chaotic surroundings. I actually believe the absence we observe is a combination of all three possibilities. Cycles keep most societies from achieving the exponential growth necessary to leave, however some succeed and move to another universe. Others succeed but find it necessary to move to another dimension within this universe.

The events of 2012 (or thereabouts) are almost certainly associated not only with natural cycles, but our progress as humans.

I conclude that Timewave Zero is counting down to the culmination of a natural cycle that will test our intelligence and strength, and is counting up to the pinnacle of our entire history as an intelligent species. We must achieve singularity status before the clock ticks to zero and we’re back to where we began. The zero-point results from wave interference of the merging timewave that will inevitably be our future, regardless of our success or failure.

***Edit***

During the drive to work on the morning after posting this, I heard a song on the radio that brought with it heavy synchronicity. It was a unique song on a station I rarely listen to - and funny enough it's called 'Clockwork.' Why I found it interesting is that it's basically my thoughts on time & cycles put to music.

I found the video on youtube, here it is:

au.youtube.com...

[edit on 27/11/08 by Evasius]

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Interesting. I'm a fan of McKenna and do believe that he brought back relevant and profound information from his '___' trips. This theory--as far as I understand it--came out of one of those early '___' trips. I'm a bit puzzled by how he managed to construct the algorithms for the Timewave from an incomplete I Ching, but it is clear to me that we are moving in the direction of increased novelty. It also feels to me like the trajectory of the novelty increase is vectoring up at increasing speed, and that we will hit some infinite point in the near future (it is just a general feeling).

I like your idea of converging timelines (not sure if that comes from McKenna). It works only if you consider that consciousness is an important component (subjectivity), as you do. If there is no single objective timeline, then there may be an infinite number of them.

You say you believe the mystery event in 2012 will be contact. McKenna, however, said he thought time travel would be the mystery event. His idea--and one shared by many physicists--is that once time travel is invented, then a great many time travelers will appear--the idea being that it is impossible to travel to times prior to the invention of time travel. But then again, maybe aliens are time travelers....

Anyway, good post.

[edit on 27-11-2008 by Silenceisall]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

Thank you for your comments, and congrats on contributing the 64th post to this thread. As you might be aware 64 is the most important number to the I-Ching and Novelty Theory, for the 64 hexagrams of the I-Ching are what the timewave theory is based on.

Since there are cycles in everything, I suppose there could be one in this thread - with your post you've completed one, and very soon I'll post this to begin another.

To be honest 64 has been highly important to me this year. In January my wife and I brought home a dog from the pound - our second dog. 64 days after that (in March), my brother-in-law got married, and I started a new job. 64 days after that In May), my Grandfather died. 64 days after that (in July), I conceived my first child. 64 days after that, my other brother-in-law got married. And now I approach the last 64-day cycle of 2008 - it ends during the second week of December. What happens then I can only guess, I so far have nothing planned.

McKenna himself experienced this very same phenomenon. The following is from True Hallucinations:

What had originally gotten me looking at the I-Ching was the odd way in which my early, simplistic notion of sixty-four day cycles worked very well in my own life at the time. My mother's death was the first of these points in time that I isolated. Then I noted that my chance-formed relationship with Ev had begun sixty-four days after that, and that the culmination of the experiment at La Chorrera had occurred another sixty-four days later. The notion of a hexagram-based lunar year grew out of the idea of six cycles of sixty-four days each, a year of six parts, just as an I-Ching hexagram has six lines.

The personal worth of the idea was confirmed for me when I noticed that such a year of three hundred and eighty-four days, if begun at the time of my mother's death, would end on my own twenty-fifth birthday on November 16, 1971. I saw then that there were cycles and there were cycles of cycles: I imagined a three-hundred-and-eighty-four day lunar year and then the larger thing of which it was a part, a cycle of sixty-four times three hundred and eighty-four days, and so on.

Anyway, enough of 64. Regarding the invention of time travel as being the cause of the flatline - it's as plausible as many of the ideas I suppose. It does make sense. I actually found one of his Coast to Coast interviews where he mentions the time travel theory - I posted it on page 3 of this thread, you can find it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As far as I know, McKenna doesn't focus much on the idea of wave interference in his theory. I found two mentions however (also in True Hallucinations) of interference patterns:

My attention was entirely claimed by my efforts to build a new model of what time really is. Resonances, recurrences, and the idea that events were interference patterns caused by other events temporally and causally distant claimed my attention. In those early speculations I imagined a mythic cycle needing forty days to be brought to completion. It was only later, when I began to be impressed with the DNA-related and calendrical nature of the temporal cycles, that I turned my attention to cycles of sixty-four days duration. This speculation eventually led me to turn to the / Ching. In those early notions of a forty-day cycle of alchemical redemption there is only the slightest hint of the eventual theory in its operational details; yet the intent is clearly the same. Resonances, interference patterns, and fractal regresses of times within times—these were the materials that I began to build with. Eventually, after some years of work, the result would have a certain elegance. However, that elegance was reserved for the future; the early conception was crude, self-referential, and idiosyncratic. It was only my faith that it could be made coherent and rational to others that kept me at it for those several years, transforming the original intuition into a set of formal propositions.

As for getting the idea while on a '___' trip, I'm not so sure that's the case. His theory took years to develop, and I don't think he was 'on a trip' for that entire time. I think it did however influence his mind and aided his synaptic prowess nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
As mentioned on page one of this thread (by mapsurfer_), the research carried out by the Global Consciousness Project is extremely relevant to McKenna's work in that, it seeks to find a thread of non-randomness in an ocean of randomly generated data. The GCP flips virtual coins 200 times per second, Timewave Zero is based on the I-Ching which also derived meaning from randomness.

The thread of consciosness they're constantly accessing seems to be similar to the timewave, but very exact and very specific. It measures conscious attention at particular times all over the world - in effect, it's able to notice big events over the horizon within a few hours of occurrance with high accuracy.

The GCP now has their Youtube channel up and have put online a number of viddeos explaining what it is that they do. Below is a concise news story on the subject, further down is a 5-part speech given by Peter Bancel of the GCP in June 2008.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

Also here is a link the the GCP DOT - ite measures the current global consciousness and zeroes in on whether the minds of humanity are in-tune or out of sync:

gcpdot.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hello,
I have created a new discussion on a 2009 scenario based on the TWZ and my personal research:

feel free to add your comments.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
In this post I want to return to the topics mentioned in the very first paragraph of this thread, regarding our collective consciousness and the flow of natural time. Below are my views on how consciousness, reality, and parallel timelines are structured.

To say that these things have any physical structure at all would be incorrect - they're far more than that. They exist below and well above the physical realm. Our minds latch on to the higher dimensions via the very matter that makes up our brains, as well as the energy zapping across our synapses. The synaptic structure per each individual is unique and serves as a thumbprint for consciousness. The physical layout of synapses allows for energy and information to coalesce to form a mind, and the brain serves as a temporary container holding a thimble-full of the ‘God-Mind.’ Information comes and goes. Birth begins the ‘pooling’ of consciousness, and death signifies the evaporation of information and the return to the source.

As stated in an earlier post on technology, our essence can be seen as a tiny data packet that is processed locally and then returned to the universal server supposedly with a computational result – in other words, like in grid computing. We ourselves are the technology of the universe. Matter and energy brought together briefly in one reality still exist in some form beyond that reality, and they will eventually take on infinite forms.

Considering the above, my simplest view on the structure of consciousness is this. Picture a rope. Ropes are multi-layered in the structure and can be used for traversal. Fibres make up strands. Strands make up threads. Woven threads make cords. Twisted cords make thin rope. That rope can then be twisted to make thicker rope. That thicker rope (accompanied with other similar ropes) can be combined to make a structure, like a sheet or a bridge. See the graph below:

Consciousness is more than what the individual experiences. How we experience the universe is one of many perspectives. Individuals, planets, galaxies, the universe all have a point of view and consciously experience in some way what we call reality. It is even possible that this experience extends well below the individual level, down towards molecules, atomic, subatomic structures and beyond. Likewise Knowing may extend beyond our universe out into a multiversal realm, into hyperspace, and beyond…

The above analogy describes only a portion of multi-dimensional reality – it illustrates one timeline, one collective experience…one Now. It’s more likely however that there are many realities, possibly infinite realities, playing out concurrent to this one that we are now experiencing. So that’s infinite realities per each of the multiple universes, meaning there are infinite realities happening within every universe beyond ours. Where does it end? It probably doesn’t – it probably increases until it returns to the infinitely small, like a cycle. Cycles of reality, cycles of time, cycles of consciousness.

I’ve created a graph below comparing parallel realities to the structure of a neuron (the very structures that help us perceive reality). Neurons of course make up our brain, so maybe this analogy is fitting in that experienced realities help give the universe itself a mind. The graph originally depicted 3 types of neurons – I’ve altered it to represent 3 parallel timelines stretching from the past to the future.

And here is a larger view of the graph: www.mooreimages.com.au...

If one were able to actually see the structure of a timeline, it might look like a mass webbing of past possibilities pinched together behind one specific point in the 'now.' In front of that point would be a clump of threads stretching out from the 'now' which would be all possibilities. Looking at it this way, the 'now' of consciousness is a ring sliding down a collection of threads pulling them together in order to traverse it. The clump of threads within the ring becomes the average, thus what is experienced. The Now above looks more like a bubble squeezing through a tube, but the principle is the same – gathering possibilities into a singularity in order to experience it.

Similar to the above graph, here is a photo of a localized neural network that represents how I imagine multiple timelines might appear if they were in fact physical. If this is accurate, YOU are one of those bright dots passing through time somewhere in hyperspace.

Now here is a larger view of a neural network within the cerebral cortex, which could represent the Collective Consciousness. Many individual minds connect to form a collective, and somewhere within that vast array of mental wiring runs a single thread arising from the average of all timelines, thus creating the reality we all experience. I find that it closely resembles the streaming code from the movie ‘The Matrix’ which also represented a form of reality.

It is my belief that along with parallel timelines there exist parallel collective realities that reside either within the same realm or very close to each other. When overlaid, similarities from one to the next cause a coherence between existences and may result in one average existence experienced by the universe itself (or another larger intelligence). Here is an example illustration of a 3d parallel reality overlay again using the brain's neural network as an example of a single reality. (Somewhere threaded through this 3D construct is a code connecting consciousness and natural time. That code is of course, the Timewave).

The structure of neurons can also be used to illustrate the structure of varying levels of physical reality – planetary, galactic, universal, multiversal, etc. The photo below is yet another view of a neural network. What you see can be a collection of worlds with intelligent life, a collection of galaxies – each with conscious entities, or a group of universes within a larger realm.

Reality as it seems, is much like consciousness in that there seems to be no beginning or end to what we can know or experience. They could both actually be the same thing; reality might be consciousness, and vice versa. It could be that everything we experience is mental, via both our consciousness and some other entity’s (possibly what is referred to as God-mind).

The video below illustrates your neural network – listen to the narration, but listen as though it’s describing reality itself, perhaps even the structure of the universe and beyond:

[edit on 1/1/09 by Evasius]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Doesn't everything depend on the zero date? I'm not clear on why 12/21/2012 was selected as the default. Was this something that came in his vision or was it just selected because of everything associated with it?

If the zero date has to be selected, the entire start to end is going to be different depending on the zero date selected.

My point--if there is not certainty behind the 12/21/2012 date then it all means nothing.

Maybe I'm missing something though, very possible, very new to this application.

delius

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by delius

Although the Wiki entry regarding Novelty Theory states that the original date was different and was later skewed to match the end of the Mayan calendar, much of what I've read of McKenna's work focuses on Dec. 21, 2012.

Most interviews and articles I've ever read or heard seem to hold on quite firmly to that date. I think I mentioned earlier in this thread that if only he were alive today we could clear a lot of this up. All of the info online from McKenna was published prior to his death in April of 2000. Everything else written on the Timewave since then is a re-hash of what he had already written, or is a imaginative attempt at further developing his theory.

Without the man alive and able to clarify the true end-date, I can only go by what he originally wrote about before his death. Perhaps a new researcher could come along and take up things where he left off and maybe reveal more about the nature of the Timewave and where were all headed in this timeline. But they'd better hurry - there's less than 4 years left.

[edit on 1/1/09 by Evasius]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
A bit if an ignorant question perhaps, this is not something i am familar with. does the timeline have a start point if you go back far enough does it reach zero, if not does it reach zero on any other point.

kx

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Not an ignorant question at all. According to what I can gather, it evidently tracks from the Big Bang up until Dec. 21, 2012.

I found a section in McKenna's True Hallucinations that correlates the evolution of the universe with our own evolution:

That is what the timewave allows one to predict, that there are conditions under which events of great novelty may occur. There is, however, a problem with it. Because we suggest a model of time whose mathematics dictate a built-in spiral structure, events keep gathering themselves into tighter and tighter spirals that lead inevitably to a final time. Like the center of a black hole, the final time is a necessary singularity, a domain or an event in which the ordinary laws of physics do not function. Imagining what happens in the presence of a singularity is, in principle, impossible and so naturally science has shied away from such an idea. The ultimate singularity is the Big Bang, which physicists believe was responsible for the birth of the universe.

Western religion has its own singularity in the form of the apocalypse, an event placed not at the beginning of the universe but at its end. This seems a more logical position than that of science. If singularities exist at all it seems easier to suppose that they might arise out of an ancient and highly complexified cosmos, such as our own, than out of a featureless and dimensionless mega-void.

Science looks down its nose at the apocalyptic fantasies of religion, thinking that the final time can only mean an entropic time of no change. The view of science is that all processes ultimately run down, but entropy is maximized only in some far, far away future. The idea of entropy makes an assumption that the laws of the space-time continuum are infinitely and linearly extendable into the future. In the spiral time scheme of the timewave this assumption is not made. Rather, final time means passing out of one set of laws that are conditioning existence and into another radically different set of laws. The universe is seen as a series of compartmentalized eras or epochs whose laws are quite different from one another, with transitions from one epoch to another occurring with unexpected suddenness.

Most puzzling are the predictions the timewave theory makes of near term shifts of epochs made necessary by the congruence of the timewave and the historical record. The timewave seems to give a best fit configuration with the historical data when the assumption is made that the maximum ingression of novelty, or the end of the wave, will occur on December 22, 2012. Strangely enough this is the end date that the Mayans assigned to their calendar system as well. What is it that gives both a twentieth-century individual and an ancient Meso-American civilization the same date upon which to peg the transformation of the world? Is it that both used psychedelic mushrooms? Could the answer be so simple? I don't think so. Rather, I suspect that when we inspect the structure of our own deep unconscious we will make the unexpected discovery that we are ordered on the same principle as the larger universe in which we arose. This notion, surprising at first, quickly comes to be seen as obvious, natural, and inevitable.

In other words, the timewave tracks our entire human history so far -- from the creation of our physical realm to, ultimately, us. The entire expanse of human time mapped on the graph has been building up to a shift in what defines us as human beings. Timewave Zero marks a turning point for us where we will be forever changed in some way. Perhaps we will meet others like us in the universe, altering the way we view our place in the cosmos. Perhaps our perception of time will be changed, thus altering our individual and collective conscious experiences of the universe. Or, perhaps we ourselves will become something entirely different as a result of our technological progress -- like immortal cyborgs or floating thought processes rivaling that of the God-Mind itself.

Given the wave tracks our history from the Big Bang until 2012, there have to be other parallel timewaves running for other civilizations in the universe. I doubt our specific timewave would suffice for all. If so, as I stated in the beginning of the thread, the timewave is like a thumbprint for an entire collective. If civilizations do meet on occasion (and I suppose they do), then each timewave would then interact and join forming a new timewave. In doing so, fluctuation and possibly flatline could occur.

As for the second part of your question, the graph reaches zero in no other places throughout history, however it begins at zero (at the very beginning - at the moment of the presumed Big Bang). Also keep in mind the zero point we're fast approaching stands for infinite 'novelty' where all things are possible. The flatline in the graph represents an infinitely positive fluctuation as opposed to an end or where things cease to exist.

Anyway, that's the idea - we'll never know until we're precisely at zero. The positive fluctuation lends me to believe that there's a future for us beyond the current timewave map...a future graph that possibly rises from zero and begins anew.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Below is a timelapse sequence mapping the procession of the Timewave from September 11, 2008 - May 1, 2009.

234 separate screenshots of the original DOS program were used - the result is like a timewave flip-book. The images were captured by actually taking pictures of the screen after calling up each date in the program and then dropping each photo into a video editing program.

This was a test animation. I plan on doing a full-length timelapse tracking 2009 - Dec. 21, 2012. Perhaps I'll do an even slower version so it can be easily used by others for timewave research purposes.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Here's a graph representing January 14 - Feb 5. Recent past events seem to correlate with the graph, as does one future event we all anticipate -- Obama's inauguration.

I had a specific request for the days of January 25th-26th, so that timespan is marked in red.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
For what it's worth,the resonance for the Inauguration is Jan 18 1762.
Of the mystery date on the 23'rd,the resonance is Sept 27,same year,1762.
Not much of a historian,I don't know what was happening then,but I do know it was pre revolutionary times in both the US (to be) and Europe,specifically France.
Would there be a specific person who Mr Obama is in resonance with?Washington,Lafayette,Franklin,Paine?So many Heroes of the revolution...

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by trueforger

I can't think of anyone from that timeframe that would be in resonance with Obama. I always considered the most resonant figures (which have often been pointed out in the media) that he has a lot in common with John F. Kennedy and Abraham Lincoln -- that is hopefully for all the good reasons and not the obvious bad one.

I couldn't even find any historical events that sound similar to that of the current timeframe. I've recently felt these times were as momentous (or moreso) as the sixties were with revolution, hope, and new ways of thinking on the horizon. Humanity met a fork in the road then much like we have before us today.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

There were all sorts of cool things the people did in the mid/late 1700's here in the then Colonies as a solidarity thing.My favorite was the ''Liberty Cap",seen in numerous contemporary paintings and woodcuts.Basically a shapeless high top woolen hat,it was raised high upon a pike to much fanfare in small hamlets as well as towns.The raising ropes were then twined about the pike much as the ribbons of the May Pole,in a dance,circular and tighter as it went.Like the whole notion of time in the Paradigm in this system of thought.Reminds me of another favorite of the same name,but that is a much different story,but relates to Terrence and the Maya and perhaps the Chinese.

I think we need a new 'peace sign',how about the 'ok' or 'O' for Obama.I am reminded of Franklin.Practical,of the people,multi cultural,diplomatic and well liked.Not half Black,but of divided extraction in that he started British subject then ended American.I know it is a stretch,as all alive at that time were the same that way.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Dean Radin and the Global Consciousness Project recently released their preliminary findings on the data generated during the period of the presidential inauguration on January 20, 2008. The results were staggering to say the least.

A spike was generated in what is normally random noise (the spike represents highly nonrandom patterns within the noise). The spike appears at the precise moment the event took place. It does indeed seem to be tapping into the global mind. *see the graph below:

The original material can be found on Dean Radin's Blog.

Interesting as well are the posts by a fellow timewave technician named 'Concrescent,' as well as Radin's response. GCP are well aware of McKenna's work and have considered it. And likewise I think Mckenna would find this data astounding.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
2012 has now made it to the front page of CNN, and it's still nearly 4 years away:

edition.cnn.com...

Just think how the media will hype this in the coming years, expecially from New Year's Eve 2011 onwards.

A few story highlights:

*December 21, 2012, marks the end of a 5,126-year cycle on a Mayan calendar

*Some think the date is ominous, others say it may signal the dawn of a new era

*Theories are fabricated on the basis of very little evidence, Maya scholar says

*"The whole year leading up to it is going to be just crazy," another scholar warns

And the story appears in the 'Technology' section of all places.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join