It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just burried my beloved dog

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

it makes me very sad to hear about your loss
guess everybody who lost somebody - either human or beloved pet companion - knows what you are feeling.
i don.t know anything about your belives, but i am sure she is still with you and will always be.

bit hug for you.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I want to thank everyone who has said the words and expressed the feelings that have helped me face loosing my girl a little better.

All of you have been so wonderful in my time of need.

Thank you ATS

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
i buried my mate bout a year ago.he was a cattle dog..knew just how high to jump and how hard to bite me as i peddled backwards and knocked him away,heh.

buried him out back and a few months later this giant thistle grew,so i took some of the soil and put it into my houseplants pot.he's still with me.

sorry for your loss.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by aylyan

That was a great post. What was your mates name? I loved the description of you and your friend playing.

Take care of that thistle.

[edit on 20-9-2008 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

LGM,

Maybe you could plant a nice plant there with Neener and as it grows let it keep your memories alive....

Just a thought my friend..

Semper

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
his name was duke but everyone called him dookus.

planting something sounds like a nice idea.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
LGM, my prayers are with you, Diamond and your kitten. I still miss my beloved Merlin as if he passed yesterday. To gallopinghordes-- I have not cried so hard in years. I'm currently "petting the fur off" my cat Hera!

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Hello:

You truly have my greatest sympathy. My beloved dog and best friend of 20 years companionship with me I had to have euthanized on 4/30/2008, to release him from the pain and discomfort of his age related illnesses that could not be cured. I had him buried in a pet cemetery although most persons I know choose cremation, it is only a matter of choice.

Yes, her departure from your life makes you feel like you will never recover from the pain, that is the way I felt during the first three months, but the pain does slowly reduce. I did a lot of resting and I did a lot of crying initially because I also found this to be a type of release valve to slowly help lessen my sadness as days went on. It is true that your beloved dog and best friend, the love and companionship given as well as her own unique self is not replaceable, but there is comfort in knowing that your beloved girl has returned to our Heavenly Father and now is without pain and no memory of it, true bliss!

I made a personal choice to immediately put all pictures and any other remembrances of my dog away to help remove the fantasy from my emotions that he is still with me, because this only produces more missing. Although I do believe it is possible for the spirit to linger for a short period after death and believed I felt his presence. However, each to their own beliefs and each of us have our own way to grieve. I did cut a short piece of my dogs hair just before he died and sometimes when I can't resist the pressure of missing him I take out his picture to look at and his hair too. Then put them back away. I choose to be careful with whom I talk to about his death, because some people are callous and make me feel worse.

Grief bereavement Websites have been very helpful to me they also say that it is good just to lean into the grief pain as it comes, don't try to run away from it, because you only sustain this initial period of deep grief longer.

Now, that it is 5-months since my dog"s death I am doing better, because that deep painful grief has greatly diminished. So it does slowly get better as we slowly accept that our best friend is gone, although I still would rather otherwise, which is selfish.

I help myself about my dog with the following belief, perhaps you can use it: Your little girl like yourself was a materialized spirit of GOD sent here to live by taking on physical form, and now that the form could not continue GOD lovingly retrieves back that part of Himself to release it from pain and deliver her to loving peace; how wonderful is the true Love of a perfect Father. And for the human beloved left behind His spirit that we our helps us, along with our mental capacities. Indeed we are never alone although it may feel like it without our dearest one.

Sorry this message is so long, but I hope it helps. I suggest you stick with this forum as persons to talk to who will understand and perhaps help.

May your Heavenly Father continue to bless you with love and His support toward peace.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I know i am fairley late, but i would like to say i know how you feel. It's hard to lose a pet, they stick with you for ever.

I know that for sure.

Radiant prayer for you.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Man I'm sorry. My heart goes out to you brother.

There are really hard things to go through in life and that makes my top 3. Again I'm sorry to hear that. Diamond has all kinds of cool friends to play with and all the treats ( or human food she's watched you eat over the years ) up there.

Hopefully Mongo and I will go at the same time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join