It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIG. Conspiracy Theories of the World Unite

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Wall Street goes on Welfare

Lets face it folks Wall Street is going on welfare! With the latest round of government bailouts huge corporate giants like Bear Stearns, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and now AIG. The AIG bailout which consists of an $85 billion loan from uncle Sam in exchange for an 80 percent stake in the company. Excuse me if I sound a bit rash but what is going on here? If Wall Street really needs to go on welfare then they just need to come right out and say it.

www.openfuelresource.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
see what a little truth can do. i believe people are waking up to the fed and its slave trade and its reacting violently in the system. all i buy is food and gas to get to work...the time of the food pantry is upon us. if enough of us live credit free debt free they are ruined. david and goliath all over again.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
okay, this is one of those things that should NOT have happened, the reason is based entirely on the idea that AIG could fail. If AIG fails then the FED would in all reality be in control of 80% of a private company, and it does not break down to capitalist ethics, it breaks down to what is legal consitutionally, and what is not legal. By this happening it proves to each and every AMERICAN that the individual does not count, and that the phrase "Might makes Right" and "The ends justify the means" are now true and accepted principals. This is in direct violation of what every AMERICAN holds dearest to their heart, that they are more than a potential bloody stain on the tread of a tank, they are a citizen of the best country in the world. The best case scenario is not what our government should be making decisions with that effect every individual in America by, they should be reluctant and consult the people that are going to be affected by this in the long term.

And also just since this is a conspiracy theory board check this link for more potential information on the subject of the FED.

www.youtube.com...

just by watching the above movies and reading what is currently going on, i am quickly added 2+2=4 equation.

thanks and have a great night guys XD

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Alora

A amateur poem about the AIG buyout............

American Woman

I am an american woman
Ive been faithful from the start
as a girl Id stand tall in class
with my little hand on my heart

I grew to be proud of my country
Ive been the best citizen I can
In some ways though small
I try to give out what I've taken in

I am an americn woman
whos had some hard knocks
but as a single mom with my little men
our nightly prayers we had not forgot

I am an american woman
at the 4th of july fair
my kids i tried to teach pride
and gave them little flags to wave in the air

I am an American woman
I feel like I,ve been left alone
from my government deserted
and I fear so for my home

I know whats good for the country
is known to be good for me
but rite now its really very
hard to see.

I am an american woman
as american as those big companies
How come they can get bailed out
and not my family

You see two years ago
I was in the hospital
I was in there for a week times three
It was in there that my boys had to come and see me.

Since then, times are hard
money, credit scores all depleted
I try to enjoy the little things, walks with the boys, and
being at dinner together seated

But its difficult to stay this way
it feels like the big guys get the break and im a casualty
but for the good of the county and especially my family
I will stand by the USA

so on the heart I took
my sons little hand
and we sang that blessed song
about our colorful land,

I am an american women
faithful true and true
But please do remember all the little guys
that make up our large world........

I am an American woman..........

S.E.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Given the events of this week, I thought I would bump this thread which has such great background info and add a bit more:

www.opensecrets.org...

As long as everyone's talking today about AIG's payouts to its executives and foreign banks, let's remember the payouts AIG has made over the years to politicians. In the last 20 years American International Group (AIG) has contributed more than $9 million to federal candidates and parties through PAC and individual contributions. That's enough to rank AIG on OpenSecrets.org's Heavy Hitters list, which profiles the top 100 contributors of all time.

Over time, AIG hasn't shown an especially partisan streak, splitting evenly the $9.3 million it has contributed since 1989. In the last election cycle, though, 68 percent of contributions associated with the company went to Democrats. Two senators who chair committees charged with overseeing AIG and the insurance industry, Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.) and Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.), are among the top recipients of AIG contributions. Baucus chairs the Senate Finance Committee and has collected more money from AIG in his congressional career than from any other company--$91,000. And with more than $280,000, AIG has been the fourth largest contributor to Dodd, who chairs the Senate's banking committee. President Obama and his rival in last year's election, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), are also high on the list of top recipients.

AIG has been a personal investment for lawmakers, too. Twenty-eight current members of Congress reported owning stock in AIG last year, worth between $2.5 million and $3.3 million. Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.), one of the richest members of Congress, was by far the biggest investor in AIG, with stock valued around $2 million.

Last year AIG and its subsidiaries spent about $9.7 million on federal lobbying, or about $53,000 for every day Congress was in session in 2008. The company's spending on advocacy last year was down from an all-time high of $11.4 million spent on lobbying in 2007.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Follow the money....here is my take...Silverstein had to insure the twin towers by a little over 2 times their value..AIG est. AIG also owned the boeings that collided with the buildings via the leasing of those planes...AIG also had a majority of stock in almost all the banks around the world that have been bail out.... say I am Just saying when i was trying to get a friend to understand that it was not a conspiracy theory that caused 9-11 all the roads pointed to AIG playing a big part in it. I had my computer drive wiped along with one of my friends when we were researching this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join