It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone help!? Voice that I heard....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Thanks for your advice Demonhunter, I will try meditation to see if that changes things for me. I have a feeling that it could be that the spirits that were communicating with me may have moved on to "wherever" because it has been so long. The only thing that I have retained from childhood is the ability to sense a "presence" in certain areas/buildings/homes.
To the OP of this thread.....have you had any more experiences with the voices?
Demonhunter.....the thread "why ghosts are not real" is driving me insane! Have you checked it out recently?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by intrigued2

It may very well be that they have moved on to either another plane of existence or have given up on communication with you if they viewed you as unreceptive to their attempts. Either way, I wish you luck with your meditations. Hopefully you can find what you're looking for.

That ability to sense a presence is common among those who do not actively communicate, at least in my experience. The ability can of course be influenced by the strength of whatever you're sensing or your personal connection to the situation.

As for the ghosts thread, I tend to stay away from threads where side or the other makes claims that the is irrational for beliefs that cannot be proven to an individual. That kind of small-minded thinking serves to enlighten neither side. That having been said, I just typed up a post for that.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
DH, I saw your post in "ghosts are not real" and believe you either are or should be a writer....very well done!!!! Maybe I shouldn't have posted in response to the "just meat" (Creedo) but couldn't resist. Even though all of us are entitled to our opinions, this particular post seemed so crude......
From early childhood, I have experienced many things that can't be explained by science (just as you have) and it rubs me the wrong way when an individual, instead of giving a reasonable response as to why they disbelieve, they instead state their remark as factual. I am going to try to avoid posting on that thread unless it is in response to someone who is more reasonable in their beliefs for or against.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Thank you, intrigued. Personally I just don't see the need to make every discussion break down into "I'm smarter than you are" which is where most of those lead. If someone needs to boost their ego by saying they're smarter than me, that's fine. I just refer rational discourse as opposed to chest thumping bravado about how one person's beliefs are obviously "right" over another's. Last time I checked, we all came here because there were things that we wanted information on. What we each do with that information is in our hands and in our minds only. Running around saying "you're an idiot for believing that" doesn't help anyone in the long run where the unexplained and paranormal are concerned.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I just recently had a similar experience, and am wondering what it means. A couple of days ago, I was laying in bed, approx. 8 am. I was in the process of waking up but still a bit groggy. I heard very clearly from the living room my girlfriends voice calling my name out "Mikey", which she never calls me. I found this quite strange as she was in another city 3 hours away. I went to investigate but found nothing. I had a uneasy feeling the rest of the day regarding her and if she was alright which was compounded by my inability to get ahold of her. She finally got ahold of me around 4 pm and was fine and did not have any problems of any sort. I am wondering if anyone out there has any ideas as to what this voice may have wanted or meant.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I've heard noises in the night but they're more like whispers. Maybe the metallic was there to help raise the vibration of their voice so they could get through the veil? Just a wild guess.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrigued2
Maybe a spirit is trying to communicate with you? Possible I suppose. There may be no meaning to it but sometimes there is. An example for you that I experienced when I was 15: My boyfriend was dropping me off at my home in his car and when we parked the car, I heard the voice of my deceased sister call directly into my ear, the word "MOM"!!! It sounded loud and extremely concerned. I turned to my boyfriend and asked if he heard someone call out "mom". He said he didn't. I told him that there must be something wrong so we headed up to the apartment and all the lights were off and no sign of my mom and dad. I knew that they had gone on a bus trip but were expected back earlier that evening. I waited up for their return and a couple of hours later, they showed up and explained that the bus almost rolled into a ditch at the side of the road due to the bus tire blowing out. They were nervous wrecks. I asked what time it had happened and they gave the same time as when I heard my sister's voice cry out in my ear. My sister died in 1963 and the year this happened was 1972, almost 10 years after her death.
Aside from this incident however, I have heard a voice call out before (one or two words) and it would be as if they were right beside me but nothing came of it. I think "someone" was simply letting me know that they were there.

Oh yes. Sounds neat about your sister.
Have you ever tried talking to her again? Seems you can hear her. I wonder how loud she was screaming to get through the veil. I remember one time I was home a lone for some reason or another and I was in the living room on the computer and it was too quiet for me so I decided to go turn the t.v. on for noise. As I was walking across the room in the middle of it I heard a male voice say "hey." It scared me and I ran to the tv to turn it on. A little while later I was in the rest room and heard the same voice say "sorry" as if they intruded on me. *blush* Another time before that I was at school at a class and hardly anyone was there yet since I had gotten there early. I heard a female say my name as if they were right behind. So I've had that happen quite a lot of times.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishneedh2o
reply to post by chickenshoes

Yes....

You tend to hear static or what sounds like your are going through radio stations when you are starting to having a OBE. Or body/spirit separation.

& what intrigued2 said... might be a communication by a spirit.

Really? I've had that happen quite a few times. Just recently in the last few days in fact I was starting to OBE while going to sleep and I never heard any noises like that.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickenshoes
In addition to the TV/radio sounds right before sleep, I have also heard entire conversations taking place right behind me in the room, in the middle of the day, sitting up wide awake. I've also had strange, staticky voice like sounds come through my computer speakers. Freaked me out so bad that I turned them off.

I remember that some time back, whenever me and my friends would get together and sing and play music, (I sang harmonies) I would hear a female voice singing my part, and so I would follow "her".

And yes, right before an OBE I often get the static/electric/vibration sensation, in addition to the voices.

Neat about the spirit singing a long!
Sounds like someone also liked it and joined in. I've heard music too. I used to hear flutes and acoustic guitars playing. Sadly never at once though but always separate. I live in a town that was very important in the civil war and one time I was here in the living room and saw a union soldier walk across my front yard going towards the wooded lot next door. A few minutes later a woman from the same era came following behind. Shortly there after (some number of seconds) I heard a trumpet sound like what is played at soldier funerals. It wasn't that song but the trumpet I mean that was used. I didn't recognize what he played though.
I only knew he was a union soldier because of his hat and the dark blue uniform he had since the Confederates had a light blue color.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Demonhunter, I think you might be onto something. There have been a few changes in my life over the last 21 years. The strange thing however is that it was those times of "need" that seemed to bring these "visits" in the past. I'm wondering if my mind is just so full of the everyday problems, worries, etc. that I just can't open up to the "visits" anymore?
Even if that last visit from my mom was just her letting me know that I won't be seeing her anymore (for whatever reason these things happen in the spirit world), I would have though I would continue to have other experiences like I used to have aside from the one with my mom.

Really? Even when I'm busy I still get messages from my guides. Their number one way of doing that is through my feelings since that seems to be easy and what I trust. Have you ever tried meeting your guides?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Thanks for your advice Demonhunter, I will try meditation to see if that changes things for me. I have a feeling that it could be that the spirits that were communicating with me may have moved on to "wherever" because it has been so long. The only thing that I have retained from childhood is the ability to sense a "presence" in certain areas/buildings/homes.
To the OP of this thread.....have you had any more experiences with the voices?
Demonhunter.....the thread "why ghosts are not real" is driving me insane! Have you checked it out recently?

Your spirit guides never leave you. Family members may whether they have other things to take care of or what have you. When you do talk to your spirit guides make sure they are them. When I first met my guides I thought I had my master guide but it was someone pretending to be because he needed help. Luckily it was a good spirit who was just desperate. What's your sensing like? Do you just feel it? With me I have this odd feeling that I get when there is a spirit around who isn't a guide. It's such a strange and unique feeling that happens. If it's a negative spirit there's also a very strong negative feeling with it.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter

It may very well be that they have moved on to either another plane of existence or have given up on communication with you if they viewed you as unreceptive to their attempts. Either way, I wish you luck with your meditations. Hopefully you can find what you're looking for.

That ability to sense a presence is common among those who do not actively communicate, at least in my experience. The ability can of course be influenced by the strength of whatever you're sensing or your personal connection to the situation.

As for the ghosts thread, I tend to stay away from threads where side or the other makes claims that the is irrational for beliefs that cannot be proven to an individual. That kind of small-minded thinking serves to enlighten neither side. That having been said, I just typed up a post for that.

Why would they give up? They don't know time and your guides don't go away. Mine have always been with me. Even on the other side I was with them and them me. Even when I didn't know them my higherself was close to them. I believe it's the same for everyone. I've had guides come and go but never my main guides. The other guides were there for specific purposes and lessons.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikielTheory
Even if she would have said my name there is no way she could have sounded like what I heard. Anyone ever have this same thing happen?
Please do not rip me apart on this because I am just stating what I heard and making no assumptions as of yet.

its more than likely your own voice you heard, the brain is amazing and obviously your brain might be trying to tell you something.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I just made a thread a few minutes ago with a similar incident. Very weird

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Hello, I live in England, and have recently moved to a house that I'm not sure I should have bought. A couple of months ago, I was awoken by footsteps on the stairs. I rushed out of bed to see if anyone was there, but nothing. Last week, similar to the questioner, I was in bed, drifting off to sleep, vaguely wondering about a stomach ache, when from behind my head, very close, a female voice said, 'hi'. It was between 14years and 26years in age. Its tone was rather like that of a nurse when one is coming out of anaesthetic. I turned instantly, and after a few secondsreplied: hello.
It bothered me, but the more I think, the more I identify it with my incertaintly of the house - coupled with anxiety, and the winding down of my mood and body. The voice was like turning out the pockets of a coat and finding pennies and wrappers. The voice, I think was a memory tipped out at the end of a tiring week. and, of course maybe I was feeling lonely and in need of company!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join