It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone help!? Voice that I heard....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
So the other night I was laying in bed and had just stopped speaking with my wife. We were going to sleep and about 5 minutes after we quit talking I heard something that sounded like someone said my name. It was only one time and it sound like the voice had a metallic/static sound to it. I didn't say anything to my wife about it last night but ask her this morning if she had said anything to me and she said no.

Even if she would have said my name there is no way she could have sounded like what I heard. Anyone ever have this same thing happen?
Please do not rip me apart on this because I am just stating what I heard and making no assumptions as of yet.

I felththat the being that was speaking to me was trying to contact me for a reason. It was loud enough to make me open my eyes but apparently in my head making me think a possible telepathy contact.

I already posted this on the UFO boards and didn't get a lot of response and thought this might be a better place for it.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I know EXACTLY what you're describing, but I have no idea what it is. I've heard that voice 3 times in my life, although mostly when I am awake. I wish I had answers, but it's good to know I'm not alone.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

What you are both describing could be caused by you drifting into the earliest stages of sleep.

I have heard similar things when drifting off or waking up, but usually I hear voices somewhere in the house, to the point that I have gotten up and checked to see if we left the TV or a radio on.

(edited for spelling)

[edit on 17-9-2008 by chickenshoes]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Chickenshoes, interesting! I wish I remember what my state of mind was at the time. I've not heard that voice lately, but I know I've been tired enough to fall asleep without being in bed.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I also know exactly what you are talking about. I was at work one day (this was in 1984) and walked into a closet to get some supplies. I was the only one in the closet and there was no intercom system for someone to plat a trick on me.

I heard someone or something say my name JANE. That was all I heard. It did not come from within my head like when you talk to yourself. It was vocal and audible. It scared me half to death. My co workers said I was white as a sheet when I bolted out of there (without the supplies lol)

I swear to you I walked up to the manager and said I quit and never went back. That may seem extreme, but I was 20 and I was convinced the place was haunted. Now being older I don't think it was haunted. This never happened again, but to this day I do not know what it was. So yes I know what you are talking about but unfortunately I can't help with what it was. Take care Jane

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Maybe a spirit is trying to communicate with you? Possible I suppose. There may be no meaning to it but sometimes there is. An example for you that I experienced when I was 15: My boyfriend was dropping me off at my home in his car and when we parked the car, I heard the voice of my deceased sister call directly into my ear, the word "MOM"!!! It sounded loud and extremely concerned. I turned to my boyfriend and asked if he heard someone call out "mom". He said he didn't. I told him that there must be something wrong so we headed up to the apartment and all the lights were off and no sign of my mom and dad. I knew that they had gone on a bus trip but were expected back earlier that evening. I waited up for their return and a couple of hours later, they showed up and explained that the bus almost rolled into a ditch at the side of the road due to the bus tire blowing out. They were nervous wrecks. I asked what time it had happened and they gave the same time as when I heard my sister's voice cry out in my ear. My sister died in 1963 and the year this happened was 1972, almost 10 years after her death.
Aside from this incident however, I have heard a voice call out before (one or two words) and it would be as if they were right beside me but nothing came of it. I think "someone" was simply letting me know that they were there.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I've never heard voices, but have heard laughs and a bell. Like a long ringing bell. And I know it wasnt anything in the house, because I was alone in the room. Freaked me out quite a bit, but i just went to sleep.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by chickenshoes

Yes....

You tend to hear static or what sounds like your are going through radio stations when you are starting to having a OBE. Or body/spirit separation.

& what intrigued2 said... might be a communication by a spirit.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
To me, it's happened quite a bit. I'd say it's happened to alot of people that just figure they 'didn't really hear anything' or refuse to acknowledge it.

I use to get excited about it, thinking someone was contacting me, going to tell me more etc --- turns out, generaly speaking, nothing much happens afterward. That's pretty much it.

I take that back, I went to Texas to visit aging and terminal Gram and aunts and uncles. (Grampa had just died several years before hand)

I distinktly heard someone call my name from the lower level (actualy got up out of bed and looked). I'm use to 'different' things happening, so although I thought it was a possiblity that it was Gram, I pretty much already knew that it wasn't.

After that, for the remander of the 2 week trip, I saw people that looked like my grampa - reminded me of him in some way. Heard songs or phrases that Grampa use to use etc. Even got a strange something on a photo of me and Gram together. Dreams - little things. I figure it was Grampa saying hello and just being there with me. If he had something to tell me, I never got the message. Generaly I get the message without the words... this time, no message.

But - the voice was female. It makes no sense at all, but none the less, that's what it was.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I have had this happen many times while lying in bed.
Normally, it sounds like a female saying my name.. just once.

Then I wonder..
"Did I just hear that?!" or think I was imagining it.
But it never had the static noise to it like some of you described.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I often here what I think is someone calling my name before I go to sleep. Other pre-sleep hallucinations I hear are "hey!" or "yo!", but most often its what I think is my name. Then there's always the "I feel like I'm falling" hallucination, which to me feels like I'm strapped to a giant clock and the arms are turning very fast.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MikielTheory

I've also had the exact same thing happen to me before falling asleep. I know others, including my own mother, who have had it happen while they were at work. Nothing groundbreaking after these times either.

I have come to believe that these are from those who have passed on, those friends we've left behind before coming here to these lives and guardian angels.

Like Shakespeare once wrote "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I've heard people whispering my name as well, often when laying down to sleep, but at other times as well. I've just accepted it as one of those things that happens around me. *shrugs* I'm a little more used to unusual things happening than most though I guess.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
When I was around the age of about 18, I was involving myself in some pretty destructive activities that were affecting me quite badly at the time. I was basically going down a bad road.
One day, out of the blue and very clearly, a female voice called my name and did so in a way that I can only describe as "imploring", like, "waht ARE you doing to yourself". No-one else was around.

It only happened once more, again around a similar "dubious" time in my life journey.....

I've often wondered if it wasn't perhaps my guide, trying to get through to me, who knows.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

May very well have been a guide or perhaps a relaitive or friend who has already passed. I've found myself being called to at my lowest points as well. It's usually just a matter of hearing my name in a whispered tone, but still, its usually been enough to make me take notice and refocus my thoughts on what I'm doing.

[edit on 9/18/2008 by TheDemonHunter]

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
In addition to the TV/radio sounds right before sleep, I have also heard entire conversations taking place right behind me in the room, in the middle of the day, sitting up wide awake. I've also had strange, staticky voice like sounds come through my computer speakers. Freaked me out so bad that I turned them off.

I remember that some time back, whenever me and my friends would get together and sing and play music, (I sang harmonies) I would hear a female voice singing my part, and so I would follow "her".

And yes, right before an OBE I often get the static/electric/vibration sensation, in addition to the voices.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
From what everyone is saying here, I really do believe that these are messages and voices from beyond. All of you have had your own unique experiences with this and I truly believe that all of these are credible.
Cosmicpixie.....seems to me you had a spirit guide or guardian angel watching out for you! I believe that the minutes before sleep when your mind and body are more relaxed and your thoughts and problems from a busy day are beginning to fade, you would be more receptive to communication from spirits, etc. The last "encounter" I had was in 1987 and guess what? I kinda miss it.........

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by intrigued2

I'm presuming there has been a great change in your life in the past 21 years if you once had these experiences but no longer do. Was there some traumatic event that may have "turned off" your perceptions?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Demonhunter, I think you might be onto something. There have been a few changes in my life over the last 21 years. The strange thing however is that it was those times of "need" that seemed to bring these "visits" in the past. I'm wondering if my mind is just so full of the everyday problems, worries, etc. that I just can't open up to the "visits" anymore?
Even if that last visit from my mom was just her letting me know that I won't be seeing her anymore (for whatever reason these things happen in the spirit world), I would have though I would continue to have other experiences like I used to have aside from the one with my mom.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by intrigued2

If you find yourself constantly engulfed and overwhelmed by emotional turmoil and stress, you may have unconsciously blocked your perceptions. If you practice meditation, perhaps you can find the focus you need to release those mental blocks that have formed. If you feel that you're up to dealing with these experiences again in your life, this might be an avenue for you to explore.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join