It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Alignment - Centre of Galaxy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Sun will align with the center of the Milky Way for the first time in 26,000 years, on the exact date of the end of the Mayan calendar, Dec. 21, 2012.

What does this even mean?

What will happen? Does it cause a gravitational pull so massive, all our poles shift?

I need an explanation.

I'm sure no one, even scientists, has a clue...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
Sun will align with the center of the Milky Way for the first time in 26,000 years, on the exact date of the end of the Mayan calendar, Dec. 21, 2012.

What will happen? Does it cause a gravitational pull so massive, all our poles shift?

I need an explanation.

If you're sure no one has a clue, why are you asking the question? Here's your answer anyway.

The way you worded it, it means nothing. But...

The Earth wobbles around on its axis in a 25,800 year cycle. The Mayans (and others) knew about this because it causes the stars to appear to move around in the sky. The wobble causes no effects on us.

What this "alignment" thing is talking about is that at some point the axis of the Earth will align with the axis of The Galaxy. It's pretty near impossible to determine "exactly" when that will happen (it may have already happened on this cycle). When it does happen(ed) we will not be aware of anything special happening. It will have no effect on us.

The Mayan calendar does not end, it just starts over again like ours does on January 1.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This alignment is what is typically discussed in a 2012/Mayan Calendar thread. So I would highly suggest using the ATS search feature. I am saying this because there is plenty of input to your questions already in those threads.

In my opinion the Mayans did believe something significant took place at the end of a Great Cycle (2012), and since they based their Long Count Calendar (calendar for the great cycles) on astronomical observations, I think one should look to the stars on 2012.... from an underground bunker.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Great post OP i'll have to look into it.....

I remember seeing some where about a possible gamma ray burst from out inner galaxy or a pole shift when we align with the theorized super massive black hole at the centre of the milky way...

Peace

Justice

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
So..

The alignment means # all? Nothing will happen?

Then what's all the fuss about LOL

*phew*

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

When in worry
Or in doubt,
Run in circles,
Scream and shout.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I think you should do your own research and not listen to people with no understanding of the Mayan Calander.

Do the yards for yourself, only then you will be rewarded with your truth you search.

Z

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

So..

The alignment means # all? Nothing will happen?

Then what's all the fuss about LOL

*phew*

Or....

you could actually entertain my initial suggestion, if you actually care about the intent of your original post.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The Mayan calendar does not end, it just starts over again like ours does on January 1.

That's partially true. But it's not that simple. It's not a mirror reflection of modern calendars. The Mayans had multiple calendars. This paticular one, the Long Count, ends its cycle. Amongst their many calendars, this paticular one covers a huge expanse of time. Thus, speculation of a greater impact attributed to the end of its cycle.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Man you need some MAJOR astronomy coarses.....

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
hello, xbranscombex

i once found a website which answered, believably, all of the questions i have about our existence. it is no longer available. fortunately, i had dowloaded the site. i am now hosting the information myself. the original website address was www.love-nation.info/noya.htm

new host_love-nation.info

of particular note, in reference to your question, is the picture below:

in this drawing, you can clearly see how the magnetics of the sun and earth combined form a protective electromagnetic shield around the earth (the cup of life?). during the galactic equinox, this shield will become a null-sum value with the galactic magnetics.

you are correct in that it is yet unknown what will be the result of such a thing.

---dkp

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
i once found a website which answered, believably, all of the questions i have about our existence.

With a conviction like that I am going to have to check out that site!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
yes, and please remember that i have re-hosted the website specifically for the purposes of this thread. so GO SEE IT!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
hello, xbranscombex

i once found a website which answered, believably, all of the questions i have about our existence. it is no longer available. fortunately, i had dowloaded the site. i am now hosting the information myself. the original website address was www.love-nation.info/noya.htm

new host_love-nation.info

of particular note, in reference to your question, is the picture below:

in this drawing, you can clearly see how the magnetics of the sun and earth combined form a protective electromagnetic shield around the earth (the cup of life?). during the galactic equinox, this shield will become a null-sum value with the galactic magnetics.

you are correct in that it is yet unknown what will be the result of such a thing.

---dkp

Woooaaaah now we're talkin'! Nice find dude!

Z

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I need an explanation.

Who said the Sun will do this then?
Is this off some science article or some alternative news site?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
26,000 years isn't a very long time.. The Earth would've done this thousands of times already. Although there have been periods of extinction on a planetary scale, it's taken place a handful of times, not thousands.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ANoNyMiKE

I agree. If something terrestrially(sp?) drastic takes place on a cycle every 26,000 years, then there would be evidence. Depending on what the event was of course.

Maybe it's purely a celestial event? Maybe the Mayans were literally just tracking the movement of the Zodiac. Every 26,000 years completes the equinox cycle, aka the Zodiac.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
There is a season for everything under heaven. Turn turn turn...

Don't believe those that tell you nothing will happen, because they don't know what they are talking about. I do know what I am talking about.

The 26000 year alignment is true. This alignement happens once every 26k.

You eat and go to the bathroom, you wake up and you go to sleep. These are cycles. The Planet spins around every day, this is a cycle. The Planet goes around the sun each year, this is also a cycle. Everything runs on cycles. Even upto our galaxy. However sometimes cycles get forgoten or overlooked.

Our solarsystem is also in a cycle. The cycle of the spiral arm that our system is in. This is a tube vortex. It makes our solarsystem go round and round and round. This is the cycle that takes about 26000 years. This is the cycle that brings us through the galatic equator every 13000 years or so. This is the cycle that ends the old world and starts the new.

It's because of this cycle that our ancient history can barly reach anything past 10500bce. Because this cycle repeats.

It is the passing through the galatic equator, a disk of extream gravitation influence, that causes all the trouble here and elsewhere. This passing takes about 7 years. These are the years of tribulation. This passing runs somewhere between may2009 and may2016 with the mid point being about dec21 2012.

There are many many things that work with gravational influence. More are unreconized then are reconized. All those things will be influenced.

This IS the "End of the World". But with understanding that the most ancient cultures on our planet have stated there's been several cycles of Old world end and new world begining, the end of the world doesn't mean the death of the planet. It means the death to the kingdoms built upon the planet by mankind. It does mean death to frightening large amount of the world's population.

This infomation is not wrong. This info is the best avilable to you at this time. I know this. This will be proven in time. It's all yours to take, but it will be rejected by too many. However, there really isn't anything they could have done about it anyway.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
There is a season for everything under heaven. Turn turn turn...

Don't believe those that tell you nothing will happen, because they don't know what they are talking about. I do know what I am talking about.

The 26000 year alignment is true. This alignement happens once every 26k.

You eat and go to the bathroom, you wake up and you go to sleep. These are cycles. The Planet spins around every day, this is a cycle. The Planet goes around the sun each year, this is also a cycle. Everything runs on cycles. Even upto our galaxy. However sometimes cycles get forgoten or overlooked.

Our solarsystem is also in a cycle. The cycle of the spiral arm that our system is in. This is a tube vortex. It makes our solarsystem go round and round and round. This is the cycle that takes about 26000 years. This is the cycle that brings us through the galatic equator every 13000 years or so. This is the cycle that ends the old world and starts the new.

It's because of this cycle that our ancient history can barly reach anything past 10500bce. Because this cycle repeats.

It is the passing through the galatic equator, a disk of extream gravitation influence, that causes all the trouble here and elsewhere. This passing takes about 7 years. These are the years of tribulation. This passing runs somewhere between may2009 and may2016 with the mid point being about dec21 2012.

There are many many things that work with gravational influence. More are unreconized then are reconized. All those things will be influenced.

This IS the "End of the World". But with understanding that the most ancient cultures on our planet have stated there's been several cycles of Old world end and new world begining, the end of the world doesn't mean the death of the planet. It means the death to the kingdoms built upon the planet by mankind. It does mean death to frightening large amount of the world's population.

This infomation is not wrong. This info is the best avilable to you at this time. I know this. This will be proven in time. It's all yours to take, but it will be rejected by too many. However, there really isn't anything they could have done about it anyway.

hello there incarnated

could you please back your story up with some credible source of info I could read

cheers A.S

Edit to add: its not that I dont believe you as I consider myself to be an opend minded person but its just nearly impossible to predict the exact dates on a galactic scale plus there is no real evidence that there has been such events taking place i.e mankind/ neaderthals getting wiped out every 26000 years

[edit on 9/17/2008 by altered_states]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by altered_states

I've see two very smart people read into the Mayan documents exactly what they wanted to get out. I've seen this many times. I've seen many people listen to the same speach and walk away with compleatly diffrent understandings. People have personalied biases that filter their understandings so that words, such that I am using now, are processed in different ways.

When you for your self search out all the infomation, and try to find understanding, the picture becomes very clear. However it's true that in the midst of the "end of the world" events there will be many who still don't see it.

Personally, I've boiled it down to ONE question.

Do You Believe in "God"?

That one question clears up all misunderstanding about he say they say she say we say...

Added Note: I've been doing personal research for over 20 years. My research isn't to write a book. My research isn't to write a paper. My research isn't to make a video, and my research wasn't to argue my findings. I could track down mounds or sites and such, but it wouldn't "prove" a thing. However when you look at all the research from ancient history to modernday scientific understandings and then pile on the prophecy, then you draw far back out of your ego so to look at the body of work as a whole untainted through personal bias the picture becomes clear as crystal.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Incarnated]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join