It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

underground ventalation and AC unit near dugway?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I just got back from my latest Skinwalker Ranch Trip and along the way i stopped at Dugway again for a few nights doing some recon on the fence line.

Across i-80 towards Hill's Airforce Base I found (near some rail road tracks) what my wild imagination confirmed was what looked like a ventalation and AC units for something underground. For those of you who dont know Dugway supposedly has many many underground bases tunnels around the area. Please review the video and provide any input...heck its probably something to do with the railroad ...but this thing was in the middle of no where.

i have soooo many different stories to share about this latest expedition, so I will be focusing on one topic a week... there really was too many unusual places and events that occurred to discuss this all at once.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by hiii_98]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

I don't think it has anything to do with the railroad. I do know there were plans to build an underground MX rail road in the 1980s. It was canceled later, but who knows how much was actually completed. It is definitely an AC vent for a large facility.
Thank you for posting this.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Is this the Dugway Proving Grounds?
Located in Utah?
Let me know, I have a few stories to tell about that site.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
yes this is for the utah Dugway proving grounds. This would be the Army's version of Area 51, a bio/chemical warefare facility.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Ya,
Thought so,
Will leave it at that.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Heres some input for you to chew on:
The building on the right had no visable inlets or out lets so i have no idea what it may be. All the buildings look like skid mount construction for easy transport and maunfacturing.
The middle building with the ductwork is also perplexing. I note there is marrine grade electrical plug in or nema 4 rated plugin. [ for explosive inviroments]. Was there any noise or air coming from the ducts? If AIR was it warm or cold?
The tank could be for propain or liquid co2 but i could not tell from the pics.
The power service for the site looks to be single phaze. Most industrial eqipment like ac chillers and so on use three phaze power for costs and size and wear factors.
K.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
i remember that warning sign said some crazy warning... i would be speculating if i were to guess... i wish i took a clearer picture. We did hear one of the vent units kick on. I do not remember feeling cold or hot air, and was more curious about the structures themselves.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Let me know, I have a few stories to tell about that site.

I'm all ears.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
anyone else have any ideas as to what this is? Sounds like its the real deal and i discovered a fabled ducting unit to a underground base.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The plug on the side of the HVAC (?) skid is a pin and sleeve receptacle most likely used to plug in a mobile genset for backup power.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
besides being arrested and yadda yadda, what would I have seen had i cut the lock and walked inside the unit? The curiosity was maddening at the time. Again I'm NOT condoning illegal activity, just a hypothetical. Would it be stairs leading down..? A hole? Or likely just a bunch of panels, flashing lights, and buttons?

it also said something about wearing a protective suit before going inside (on a warning sticker outside), so i likely would have been fried.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by hiii_98]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The propane tank would be for backup power. I wonder if this was a communication site at one time due to the large pole nearby with nothing on it.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

its weird there was no one there to guard it. that makes me think it would just be a panel of random flashing lights and buttons. I doubt you need a suit to enter. Thats probably just as a good as having a guard there. Most would read th that and move on. Too bad you didnt break the lock, who knows what woulda been inside. But yea, illegal=bad. One can wonder though.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I really need to move out west and meet up with you guys..Did you notice and cameras or anything like that?..Is it just all by itself out in the open?..Could there be a hatch close by to gain entry to sub levels?..The coolest thing I have near me Camp Hero and Mt Weather but I have not receieved any info on the trails surrounding Mt Weather so I must live vicariously through you guys..so thanks

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
i dont live out west at all... i'm constantly flying out there to do these investigations..gets expensive but well worth it at times! I have alot more stories to tell once i figure this thing out.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
im going back to area 51 this weekend for a little camping excursion. bringing some rookies with me. im thinking of lighting off some harmless fireworks when they fall asleep to keep em on their toes. no fire warnings with it having recently rained and all.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The skid mounted building is a portable generator. Propane powered and probably around 500KW in size. Air intakes are just that. Reason they are placed off ground is to keep dirt at minimum. One closet to ground going into the building will be the air supply for the building and motor, higher outlet one will be building exhaust only. Motor exhaust goes through roof, looks like 6 inch pipe or so with a counter balanced lid that is normally shut. You can see it in the far view of the buildings shown.

Why isn't this underground ventilation stuff. The duct work is way too small. Look for duct work in excess of 6 feet round or 5x5 square at the minimum for anything that is working underground. Skid mounted also a dead give-away.

As was pointed out by a very observant viewer. One transformer on the pole means single phase power. Any ventilation or AC equipment will be 3 phase, 3 transformers on a pole. So something there is requiring a single phase power supply.

Which brings in question now on the other building. It's possible that this would be some switch gear for supplying power to something else. I've seen and been in "portable" substations that look very much like this. Without see the wiring going into the structure or just the conduit holding the wires, I'd refrain from making a call.

If I was going to make a guess from just looking at what I see. I'd say the single phase power supply is used as a sample of power, controlling the generator controls. If the power goes dead, the generator kicks in and transfers power to the switchgear station next to it. It's like a very large UPS for something in the area.

I'd also venture a guess that the 110 power supplies power to an entry alarm system that is connected to a simple telephone line. You might want to count lines on the pole.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hey guys. Here is a greta site all about UTAH'S area 5. I would highly recommend it.

UTAH'S AREA 51

Enjoy!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join