It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Policy: The Economy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hey, I just noticed, the post in the McCain topics section outweigh the Obama section,

Why is that?

just wondering

[edit on 113030p://bMonday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Because a discussion of Obama's decisions always leads to questions of his background and associations, and such discussions are verboten here.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This is so stupid, it's either more of Bush's policies with some slight changes in wording or we get policies that will get us nowhere.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Isn't McCain the one who said there was no problem? And that he has no idea how the economy works? And he's doing everything Bush has been doing which is what led us to this? And he supported deregulation of banks which led to what we have today?

Also, can I go to Lehman Brothers and ask for my 7,000 dollars back? I don't want to own any of their company.

Isn't that the American way though? House, car, medical debt, no help. Billionaires? They get 700billion dollars. Cuase you know, making them sell a mansion or 5, sell a Ferrari or 5, sell two or three private jets, that would just be wrong. Take more money from me and give it to the Billionaires.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER TIME I SEE ANYTHING REGARDING QUESTIONS ABOUT MCAINS POLICIES IT GETS PUSHED TO THE SIDE OF - "MORE OF BUSH" COMON LET'S SEE WHAT THERE IS THAT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE INSTEAD OF JUST PUSHING IT ASIDE AND FORGETTING TO ANSWER THE QUESTION. EVERY PRESIDENT HAS LIVED OUT HIS USEFULNESS BY THE END OF AN 8 YEAR TERM. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HEARD SOMEONE CRYING THAT THE INCUMBENT OF 8 YEARS SHOULD BE ABLE TO RUN AGAIN
NEVER BECAUSE INEVITABLY SOMETHING HAPPENS TO MAKE THE NEXT GROUP LOOK BETTER.
BUSH-THE ECONOMY AND STILL IN IRAQ
CLINTON- ORAL SEX IS NOT SEX
BUSH SR.-READ MY LIPS
REAGAN- ... WELL BAD EXAMPLE
CARTER- GIVE ME ABREAK HOW DID HE GET IN THE FIRST TIME.
FORD- 4 YEARS WAS ENOUGH
NIXON - WATERGATE NOUGH SAID

ALL THAT TO SAY LETS SEE WHAT THE MERITS ARE ON THEIR OWN
OBVIOUSLY MCAIN IS NOT OF THE SAME LINE AS W. HE IS WAY TOO MODERATE TO HAVE ANY OF US BELIEVE THAT BUT THE MEDIA AND THE DEMOCRAT MACHINE KNOW THATS THE ONLY WAY TO SINK HIM IS TO SAY HE'S JUST 4 MORE YEARS OF BUSH.
I DON'T THINK SO AND MOST RIGHT THINKERS WOULD NOT THINK SO AS WELL

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Show me the difference between these two candidates????
Show me the difference from left to right?
I'm sorry but anyone who can back these two knuckle dragging sock puppets need to look at what this country is falling into RIGHT NOW...And last I re-called these two infected pimples on the rear end of the Republican and Democratic party are part of the same crowd that has been in charge of this country since the start. And that tells me we have been doing nothing but electing the same party painted two different colors. None of the people who support these jack-asses really believe in change...You believe in more of the same...More taxes, more government over-site, more,more,more...all we get is a growing governemnt outta control and printing paper money outta thin air that isn't worth the cotton fiber paper it's printed on. One way or the other there is no change with McCain or Obama!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
America has become a fascist state with its government and other institutions infiltrated by nazis and secret societies and the average joe person there is too dumb to realize that the republicans and democrats sing from the same hymn sheet. They are just mouth pieces for the REAL people in power that you dont know about. They create the situation, sit back and wait for the public to cry out for the solution that THEY ( the REAL people in power ) want. lol to be honest Americans deserve the government they get ( dont we all ) because they put them there, or maybe not. People are just too busy getting on with everyday life to not even notice. WAKE UP and look around people are making money through the current economical crisis and at the tax payer's expense. It happened in 9/11 where huge amounts of stocks where put in the market just before the attack. whenever there is a stocks crisis / banks out of buisness, there is someone making big money out of it. It obviously happened for a reason. So where is this osama bin laden that bush said that he was supposedly gona " smoke from his hole, and bring to justice ? ". You will never find him because if you do then that will prove undoubtedly that he is a tool of the American government. So my point is it doesnt matter who you vote for Mcaine or Obama lol under the current situtation ANYONE would welcome " change " dont you think they dont already know that ? dont let them take away your rights or impose any acts through congress that will stealthly disolve your liberties and your constitution. Do your homework on these people. Good luck America i really hope the best for you. God bless

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

lol to be honest Americans deserve the government they get ( dont we all ) because they put them there, or maybe not. People are just too busy getting on with everyday life to not even notice.

If you really think that we have a choice as to who gets elected, please let me enlighten you. We DON'T. The corporations, the wealthy, and the political bosses DECIDE who will be the candidates, first of all. About 10% of the electorate get to "DECIDE" which of the "Chosen ones" become the nominee. Oh, you say, you can vote in the primaries. Well, let me enlighten you on that. First of all, in many states, unless you are registered as a Democrat or a Republican, you CANNOT vote. Second, in most of the states that Obama "Won", they held caucuses, not popular votes. Those caucuses, in many of those states, only have a few thousand people, who "get together" and decide who gets their vote.
Finally, unlike many countries, it is almost IMPOSSIBLE for a third party to get on the ballot in most states. The requirements are set up to preclude any serious threat to the rigged two-party system.
OK, you say, change the system. Sure, we can also tell the fox to police himself, and stay away from the hen house, but we know that won't work. The politicians and their thugs control EVERY STEP of the "Election" (or is it SELECTION) process.
Is that Democracy? It isn't much different from the way the Soviet Union conducted their elections- "Vote for Joe or shovel snow". The only real difference here, is that it's vote for Barack or John, there is no other choice.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Lets face it America is not in a good position right now. I was a strong advocate of McCain and his policies, particularly those pertaining to defence and national security, but what america NEEDS is a president with a MANDATE and one that is going to revive Americas good name in the world. Only Obama would be awarded that privelage due to McCains obvious links to the current administration.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Neither Mccrazy(CFR) nor Noboma (TLC)have any say-so in any future decisions for the late-great USA because they answer only to the elititists. Any debate on the economy is fruitless since the true figure for a bailout will amount to more than $5 Trillion. Morgan Chase alone has at least $90 Trillion in bad derivitives and it probably increased after WaMu takeover. We will have to deal with the entire iceburg we have hit,not just the tip to solve our economic problems.

Our only chance at survival is to dissolve the fed(not federal,no reserves) and IRS(elitist collection agency)immediately and throw out the rats that caused these problems ,even if we have to go to a barter system and start all over.

If we allow the elitists to pass any kind of bailout they will drink our milkshakes for good.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
McCains response to the economy:
bomb bomb bomb bo-bo bomb the economy..bomb bomb bomb bo-bo bomb the economeeeeeheeeehhheee..and so on..

ok enough of the sarcasm...as much as I dislike McCains lies (just as I do Obamas lies)
watching the debate the other night, he seemed much more experienced in his campaign lies and deception. if, from watching tha debate i had to choose 1 of the 2 for president I would have chosen McCains lies over Obamas. After all, Obama didnt understand a thing..apparently.

btw, I wont be voting for either liar.

about his economic ideologies.

answer this mccain: why do you wish to give the multi-billionaire oil companies more tax cuts?

ha..pathetic. im truly disgusted

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I dont know but theres no way I could have been watching the same debate as some of you ..... ppl are absolutely delusional nowadays

maybe ill post a intelligent reply tomorrow if i feel its worth my time but it's getting late and i have to be up in a little while

[edit on 28-9-2008 by EliteLegends]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
OMG! HAHAHA!

You'll never believe this!

McCain and the GOP released two attack ads. What did they say?

One said it was Obama's fault that the Bailout didn't pass.

The other? That Obama was to blame for spending your tax money on passing the 700billion bailout!

The GOP was set to attack Obama no matter what happened, but oops released both ads!

No matter what happened the GOP were going to attack Obama. No matter what was voted, they were going to blame him. Oops, McCain STOPPED his Campaign to get this passed, but then had an ad attacking Obama for passing it! Then they have an ad blaming him for it not passing but the GOP were the majority that blocked it!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The RNC blast Sen. Obama for supporting bill

Sen. McCain blame Obama for bill not passing

Pretty pathethic to say the least.

Yep, no matter what he did he was screwed. Good job McCain. What's next? Releasing two ads, one saying "Osama Bin Laden must die!" and another saying "We need to negotiate a peace with Osama!"

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
ITS ALL A CIRCUS AND YOU'RE ALL PART OF IT. " CHANGE " ? CHANGE TO WHAT ?
THEY CREATED THIS MESS AND DO YOU THINK FOR ONE SECOND THEY WILL FIX IT? DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS ARE ALL THE SAME. ITS CALLED, PROBLEM - REACTION - SOLUTION. THEY " CREATE " THE PROBLEM " SIT BACK AND WAIT FOR PUBLIC " REACTION " AND OFFER YOU THE " SOLUTION " ( THEY WANT ). NONE OF THEM ARE TO BE TRUSTED.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
FLIP FLOP MCCAIN!

Ok, the GOP released ads attacking Obama for supporting the bail out. McCain came out with ads attacking Obama for not supporting it.

McCain SUSPENDED his campaign to get this bill passed. Now he wants Bush to VETO it.

Yeah, straight talke my foot.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

If 100 people in the US lose there jods because they went over seas, it doesn't matter how much shoes cost, they have no money. I thought you mite learnd by seing the present state of our great country.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
McCain should stop using smear and fear tactics against Obama at this late stage in the campaign and focus on the economy... oh, that's right, they (republicans) admit they cannot beat the dems on the real issues concerning the world, like the economic crisis.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
hey if you really want to find a difference and reason to vote for McCain then you should look that the two states they are in charge of. Illinois is in a #ty economic state b/c of Obama and Arizona over the years that McCain has been there has prospered well let me thing who might turn the US around a little better. Its just funny to me how freaking Naive people are.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join