It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel raid 'could be war crime'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Israel raid 'could be war crime'

news.bbc.co.uk

She says it speaks of the dead lying in the streets, of local hospitals overwhelmed, and of the injured having to hand over cash to get through Israeli checkpoints for treatment in Israel itself.

The Israeli military, which was at the time trying to prevent rocket attacks by Palestinian militants, says its own inquiry shows the shelling of Beit Hanoun was caused by technical errors, but Archbishop Tutu's report is sceptical.

'Regrettable'

Mr Tutu says there is evidence of a disproportionate and reckless disregard for Palestinian civilian life, contrary to international humanitarian law, which raises concerns that a war crime may have been committed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Now i wounder what will happen?
can we expect anything from the worthless UN?

when it comes to the small country of israel and its actions it takes they seem to always be sanctioned by bigger players.

so even evidence is shown and proven to be war crimes its not like Israel will have anything to answer to as the US/UK and so on have their backs when it comes to resolutions.

its just palestinian victims

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Now i wounder what will happen?
can we expect anything from the worthless UN?

when it comes to the small country of israel and its actions it takes they seem to always be sanctioned by bigger players.

so even evidence is shown and proven to be war crimes its not like Israel will have anything to answer to as the US/UK and so on have their backs when it comes to resolutions.

its just palestinian victims

news.bbc.co.uk

The UN is obsolete, good luck buddy. In any case, the nation of Israel will do whatever it has to do to ensure its security, and I hope you won't forget that. Maybe one day somebody will shoot a rocket into your back yard, and you will know how the Israeli's feel.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ppskylight
The UN is obsolete, good luck buddy. In any case, the nation of Israel will do whatever it has to do to ensure its security, and I hope you won't forget that. Maybe one day somebody will shoot a rocket into your back yard, and you will know how the Israeli's feel.

now i am thinking to my self

why would anyone want to launch rockets into my garden (would kill the weeds and save me time cutting the grass)

none the less question would be why?

Israel will do what they want to protect them selves?

all i see them doing is claiming self defence for their squaters
and in the mean time building further into palestinain land,
which is funny as they put them closer to the range of fire for palestine
which gives them more reason to push palestinains back and start building further in.

while they target entire population
Israel has no regards to human rights or the geneva convention
reminds me of Nazi germany blaiming jews except this time its palestinians getting the brunt from the former victims.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
What Israelie raid? You mean the one thats been suppose to be happening for the last 2 years thats suppose to happen every other week but never does?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Maybe Hezbolla and Al,Qaeda can pay war crimes to the Israelis first, before they consider reciprocating.

As I see it, Israel is far more respectful of their enemies than their enemies are of them. How many synagogues are there in Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia or Iran? Not many and they are not welcome there.

How many mosques in Israel? Hundreds maybe thousands.

I rest my case.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
"Reckless disregard for palestinian civilian life"

Well... while it certainly is nice to hear Mr Tutu saying this out loud, I must say that many of us have been saying this for years. And making civvies pay to get through a checkpoint so they can get to a hospital? Barbaric

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

did you Just say Iran?
last time i checked Iran has the second largest Jewish population next to Israel in the middle east

Hezbolla fight for lebonenon and do something their goverment didnt and thats stand up for their people.

can you please show me their war crimes, how many cuvilians of israel Hezbolla killed and how many of leboenon israel killed and how much infrontstructure israel destroyed (which mostly were cuvilian and protected by the Geneva convention)

Israel trumps Hezbolla on Crimes on every aspect, cuvilian deaths and damage to property

Al,Qaeda are your people
armed and trained by the US,Saudi,Pakistan

they spend most their time killing everyone of all faiths.
why would they care about palestinians?

hundreds of thousends of mosques in Israel
seeing as the population where 2million (20%+) are muslim would that be supprising?

edit

also you Bost the Cross and yet in Israel
you would be seen as nothing like a muslim

[edit on 15-9-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The Israeli's are squatters and mass murderers, they belong with their fellows: the Americans. The world needs to understand that it is wiser to take that duo out than to wait for them to take the rest of the world out, it's common sense.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Uh huh, that's why the Jews enjoy the following, after the Iranian revolution:

Like other religious minorities in Iran, Jews suffer from discrimination, particularly in the areas of employment, education, and housing. According to the U.S. Department of State, Jews may not occupy senior positions in the government or the military and are prevented from serving in the judiciary and security services and from becoming public school heads.[47]

The anti‑Israel policies of the Iranian government, along with a perception among radical Muslims that all Jewish citizens support the State of Israel, create a hostile atmosphere for the Jewish community. In 2004, many Iranian newspapers celebrated the one-hundredth anniversary of the publishing of the anti-Semitic forgery The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.[47] Jews are often the target of degrading caricatures in the Iranian press.[citation needed] Jewish leaders reportedly are reluctant to draw attention to official mistreatment of their community due to fear of government reprisal ....[47]

We might also look at Ahmenijad's call for the destruction of Israel and Iran's support for the Jew hating terrorist group Hezbollah. Meanwhile the number of Jews in Iran continues to dwindle as it has throughout the Islamic world. Geee I wonder why?.........

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well US will cover Israel, so any of you americans thinking the UN is crap, trust me, it's because of you. Palestinianistas will always complain that Isreal bomb the poor, just they base their attacks from those areas for obvious political reasons.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bubbles75
The Israeli's are squatters and mass murderers, they belong with their fellows: the Americans. The world needs to understand that it is wiser to take that duo out than to wait for them to take the rest of the world out, it's common sense.

Well just because YOU want it don't look forward to it in your lifetime. Hate America and bash it all you like, we Americans actually encourage you and 'the rest of the world' to spout your opinions. I am willing to bet the Country you come from was saved at least once by American Forces so you can spout freely.
Vance

PS,
Welcome to ATS.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Jews may not occupy senior positions in the government or the military...

Wow, sounds allot like how the US treats it's Muslims and Atheists.

The point being, that report you just read came from the US Department of State. Why don't you just ask the Iranians themselves?

Yeah, most minority religions don't make it into senior official positions in most countries.
There are a few... Britain, Canada, etc. Which have parliaments, and hence, it's pretty hard to discriminate.

But you're seriously quoting the US in regards to religious discrimination?

Really?

You mean, there are people other than Christians in senior official positions down there?

top topics

join