It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel detached from my physical body.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I apologize in advance for those that clicked on this topic wanting to see a suicidal rant.

I feel detached from my physical body. I'm not completely removed from it but I feel detached from it because I am taking perfectly good care of it, I am losing a lot of weight so I'm not worrying about how much I'm eating, I'm exercising a lot. I feel detached from it because while I'm getting good at taking care of it I'm doing a lot of things which focus on my mind and I am talking to a lot of other people. I am expanding my intellectual, spiritual, and emotional self, but at the same time, I feel more and more detached from my physical form. Has anyone here reached a similar state of awareness? Is there a name for this phenomena?

[edit on 15-9-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I've always felt like that.

When i was a kid my mum and dad had trouble bathing me because i was scared i would float out with the water and into the pipes.

Later in life i got
this diagnosis

I'm still learning to cope with existance. To this day in this second i still find myself weirded out by this whole life thing and especially that noone else around me seems to share my emotion. It's like they don't grasp completely how odd i feel about beeing inside a body.

Afterall. I'm just a thought

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Perhaps you are evolving spiritually. Ascension?? Some say the Earth will go into the Fifth Dimension in 2012.

Or then again you might just be exhausted and in need of a rest. I also think that we go through these periods in our lives were we have a feeling of "detachment".

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I don't know what you call it, but it sounds like you've found what works for you in relation to your sense of well being. I was there 30 years ago, but it fell apart when I let someone into my life that messed it all up.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
There was a time in my past, when i had people thinking i was not in my body. Not sure why they thought that, and i cannot really explain all the details here.

These sort of threads always seem to me like people collecting information on people.

So you guys should not give away too much, lol.

[edit on 9/15/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAThought
I've always felt like that.

When i was a kid my mum and dad had trouble bathing me because i was scared i would float out with the water and into the pipes.

Later in life i got
this diagnosis

I'm still learning to cope with existance. To this day in this second i still find myself weirded out by this whole life thing and especially that noone else around me seems to share my emotion. It's like they don't grasp completely how odd i feel about beeing inside a body.

Afterall. I'm just a thought

Lol, i have a feeling many on the forums come under at least a few of the things listed on that wiki page, i feel life is quite weird but not necessarily have any issue with the body ass far as i can tell, though im pretty sure we don't end at and with the physical body.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I often wondered how a person would be able to break the connection between body and soul, maybe there is a way, but maybe only death will bring that lol.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I see... I haven't gotten to that point in my life. I haven't really let anyone ruin my life. There was a time when I felt like I did but I got over it.

No, I am not collecting information on other people... relax... I'm not the NSA or the FBI. I'm curious if other people have felt the same way I feel.

I really don't feel that close of an attachment with my physical body. I am more tuned into my mind and other people.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I often wondered how a person would be able to break the connection between body and soul, maybe there is a way, but maybe only death will bring that lol.

I don't know about break but in astral projection one can leave their physical body and travel around this and other dimensions while still being connected by a kind of cord to the physical body.

[edit on 15/9/08 by just theory]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Forgive me, I wonder how old you are, and if you are a male...Not that I want an answer, but, if you're male and say over 35, an experiment suggests itself...try choking down some DHEA or other (legal) testosterone precursors ( to suggest using illegal anabolic steroids would violate the ATS Terms & Conditions, and so even if it might be an effective experiment I would not suggest that you perform such an experiment) and see whether or not you feel yourself more animally reattached to the old home corpus...just a thought...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Prior to this feeling, were you on some medication for anything? I took a medication once that gave me that feeling, eventualy,the doctors stopped giving it.
I have been with myself now for a long time and all is fine. We even get along.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Yes, I actually was on medication before I had this feeling. You see, I have had a number of family problems when I was growing up. My family didn't really understand me so they thought I had all of these mental disabilities or learning disabilities and they made me see all of these different kinds of psychiatrists and what-not because they thought I had developmental issues. They were wrong of course. I just like to think I had an abnormal childhood if you know what I mean. Anyhow, I'm 19 years old now. Two years ago I was put on abilify medication because I was misdiagnosed with psychosis... I just was going through some difficulties with school at the time. I told my parents that I wouldn't take the medication anymore... they said I needed to take it because it's the law and they can't lie to the doctor so I told them not to force me to see the doctor who I think really wasn't qualified at all.

When I was on this medication I experienced withdrawal from my peers and depression. I'm able to show more compassion to other people now and I can care for others and I am more spiritual than I was before.

I see how the medication could have caused this feeling.

I just don't like talking about this because it triggers disturbing memories of my past.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I feel like that pretty often, I really don't know what causes it at all. I think it may be just my mind wondering. I don;t know if it's realted to spirituality at all. You may want to go to a doctor and see if you have a vitimin or mineral deficiancy, and supplement accordingly if you don't like the feeling.

Edit: YOu posted while I was typing that you were on medication, in that case I would definitely check into vitimin deficiencies.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Can i ask you how long ago you stopped taking the meds?

It may take some time before that feeling goes away- you may want to talk to a doctor in the meantime.

I had a feeling of detachment that blew my mind.every step i took, my physical body felt like it was 3 feet behind my real self. Hard to explain, but if this is whats happening, the symptoms will go away in time.

Seek medical help, though from an Internist, not a psychiatrist for now.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

[edit] By all means, speak to a professional before taking advice on the internet.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I'm fine. I didn't mean that I was completely detached from my body. I just don't feel that attached. I feel that my medication or whatever past has nothing to do with this so please don't flame me for bringing it up.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

That is irrelevant to the discussion.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I had a feeling of detachment that blew my mind.every step i took, my physical body felt like it was 3 feet behind my real self. Hard to explain, but if this is whats happening, the symptoms will go away in time.

Sounds kind of cool in a way, would you say it was a good or bad feeling overall and were your senses appearing to come from the same place as well?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Dont flame you?

I was only trying to help...both of you. I'm being sarcastic because you deserve it.

Good luck there.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Who is flaming?

Honestly!!!! this place is getting ridiculous. You know that?????

[edit on 16-9-2008 by dgtempe]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join