It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Andy Kaufman never died, heres his interview

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I actually shifted the pitch back to normal(or as close as I could get it) a few months ago, and it sounds nothing like Kaufman. If anyone is interested in the file, I'd be willing to upload it.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
For those intrigued, the relics of the Andy Kaufman Press Conference on November 9, 2008, can be found on these links...

The video of the event:
www.monkey.org...

The script of what was read:
onsug.com...

The full audio where they spy on those involved:
onsug.com...

Update on the aklives site:
www.andykaufmanlives.com

Youtube channel for Andy Kaufman:
www.youtube.com/andykaufmantv

To follow the adventure live:
www.twitter.com/TheAndyKaufman

Sincerely,
Puzzlementarians

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
it doesn't seem like the cliffton character is andy at all. much heavier than andy,
plus he didn't have that certain tonal character to his voice that andy had.

the second link is getting a server error. will have to check it out later.

Tony Clifton and Andy Kaufman were the same person, that is not much of a secret even really.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
Can anyone tell me why anybody should care whether a comedian faked his death and is really alive?
Who cares?

Oh come on, seriously???!!!! He beat up on women in wrestling rings for the "comic irony" and did a funny voice on the show "Taxi." How does that NOT spell complete and total comedy god to you?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
i think this is andy kaufman...i followed the andykaufmanlives page for 4 years and it led me to this guy.

Andy's really goofin on elvis

i don't care if i'm the only one who believes it or sees it. it's all irrelevant to the big picture,. imo, but it's fun.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
it had to be done. he's served his purpose by honing my bullspit detector. Thanks, Andy! Love you forever.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
jim and jon cotner in arion's friend list are interesting, too. they seem a little spooked.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This has come and gone and though I rarely watch wrestling these days, I dont think he showed up :

ANDY KAUFMAN STILL ALIVE?

2008-08-06 By Busty Suds

According to Emails, he's planning To Return at a Wrestling Show?

A recent internet conversation on web behemoth SomethingAwful.com over the legitimacy of claims that Andy Kaufman is still alive has uncovered a bizarre number of inexplicable coincidences and a bizarre e-mail address purportedly belonging to Kaufman himself.

The conversation began simple enough. News any Kaufman buff could tell you were mulled over (everything from the website andylives.com to Orange County resident Steve Rocco, whom many believe to be an alter-ego of Kaufman) before more strange confessions were delivered. Firstly, Kaufman’s social security number is still classed as active, the owner of which resides in Chicago. Second, a number of claims by a man referred to only as “KING” prompted one internet user to open up about receiving e-mails allegedly from Kaufman himself.
This user, Antiloquax (which is Latin for counter-clockwise), admitted to receiving a package containing an Andy Kaufman figurine and a note. The figurine is part of a set, but the figure of Jerry Lawler was not included. On the note was an invitation to contact the sender at [email protected] and a reminder to tell nobody that he was alive.
Other users have also conversed with “Andy Kaufman” who has cryptically told them that while he “is dead” they will find out what is going on at TNA Genesis, a wrestling event that attracts a million viewers worldwide.
Whether this is an elaborate stunt being perpetrated by Kaufman’s friends and fans, or the real deal, remains to be scene. One thing is for certain, as far as many Kaufmanites are concerned: “It’s just like him to do something like this.”
TNA representatives refused to comment.
Until TNA Genesis, then, all that we are in a position to do is look back on the bizarre life of Andy Kaufman, who most assume died over twenty years ago, and wonder: “Can this be real?”

www.free-press-release.com...

....also keep in mind, as far as his alter ego Tony Clifton, Bob Zmuda also took part in filling the role and if i'm not mistaking Eric "Mancow" Muller had done so as well. From my days of listening to Mancow's chicago show, he'd mention that he was filling that role a couple times. That woulda been around the time the movie came out. with all that being said, it would be real cool if Andy did make a comeback.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
i don't know why people don't confront that arion dude like i did. all he said was, "i don't know no andy kaufman!" it's so andy kaufman.

good luck to whoever decides to try and book him for a show. let the rest of us know how it turns out.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
Can anyone tell me why anybody should care whether a comedian faked his death and is really alive?
Who cares?

Can anyone tell me why anybody should care about a group of lawn ferries kicking a ball around a field. Who cares ?

Considering the site your posting on your ignorance is astounding. To others, yes I realize the post is somewhat old, but I couldn't resist.

Back to the topic....I'd love to see the return of Kaufman but its not going to happen.
brill

[edit on 30-12-2008 by brill]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This would be something Andy would certainly do but it's probably Jim Carrey pulling some type of Kaufman-like prank.

Tenk yoo vetty motch

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
it would be cool to find out it's jim carrey behind it.

i don't think he's the mastermind...even if we found out andy was part of it, he would probably tell us he don't know no andy kaufman.

i don't think even andy's the mastermind of this illusion.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
What a way to ensure a lasting legacy. (in an Elvis voice) "Thank you veddy much".
Excellent gimmick. Kudos to Andy.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I have been an Andy fan from early on. Though I didn't see much of his very early stuff, I saw the first SNL with Mighty Mouse and many of the others. I saw the Friday's episodes. I saw some the Letterman appearances including when Lawler 'slapped' him. I understood a lot his gags as I agree with his point about conventional entertainment being insulting to the public's intelligence. I rarely watch mainstream TV and movies. I watch mostly Discovery Channel, NatGeo, History Channel, etc. and like off the wall movies and music.
I listened to the Stephen Maddox interview and I believe this guy to be a fraud. Many of the so-called 'conspiracy theorists' know how to make good arguements, but they never have evidence to back up what they say, so I am searching for the facts. Right now I'm sitting on the fence, 50/50 dead/alive. Until I have proof either way, that's where I'll be. Here's what I know so far: The AndyKaufmanLives web site was started by someone name Enrique P. It then transferred ownership to Steve Rocco. Later it was taken over by Stephen Maddox. Enrique Prost and Steve Rocco were both 'outed' as having 'set this up'. For all we know, they may all be the same person. I have seen a picture of Steve Rocco, and he does look a little like Andy.
I am on a fact finding mission to reveal the truth about this conspiracy, one way or the other. Most of what I've uncovered so far is too extensive to go into detail here, but it is starting to lean toward he faked it and got away with it, but there is still no definitive proof. Keep posting and will continue sort through it all.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by VicFerarri]

[edit on 15-11-2009 by VicFerarri]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Boostah

The reason someone would put in this much effort is the same reason Andy did. The entertainment value, and maybe to make a name for himself.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I know quite a few non-smokers that died from cancer. It happens. But what are the odds it would happen to someone who was reported to have said he was going to fake his death by having cancer. Too much coincidence for me.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by spikedmilk

More people than Zmuda played Clifton over the years. And contrary to what the Man In The Moon movie shows, his family was in on a lot his 'bits', especially his brother. If they were in on his gags, maybe they were in on the final big one.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I wish Andy was still alive... he was hilarious. Unfortunately, I'm afraid he is long since deceased.

If he is still alive, then i would love to challenge him to a wrestling match "memphis style" haha

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join