It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it that when you make eye contact with certain people they leave you feeling really scared?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Because some people ARE scary.

The eyes are the window to the soul. I avoid eye contact as much as possible on public transportation here in town.

You look about all googly eyed they see you as an easy mark.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

I know how you feel about touching people... even if its just a casual brush on someone going down the side walk. I never though about them being a bad person I guess cause it seems like i feel more emotions that aren't necessarily directed towards me when it happens. even though most of the time when i do sense something from people its generally not very nice.

I never thought to look at it from a religious point of view.

Peace

Justice

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by justgeneric there are people out there who can read people extremely well and DO enjoy causing discomfort.

sadism, for example. NWO, for another. also, salesmen. and, bullies.

if this man is a creeper...he'll pick up on whatever vibe you put out.

always when I drive I can feel the impatience of people tail-gating me. it does't matter if I'm going 30 mph or 90 mph. I immediately get tense in the shoulders and neck, I can feel it. So this is what I do: (1) pull aside and let them pass; (2) take a hold of all my tension THEY caused and project it back on them thru the rear-view mirror; (3) along with my tension, ALSO projects ALL of all the drivers on the roads' tension, back on to him. Sometimes they back off.

Once they're ahead of me, I think, "smart enough to tail-gate, but too dumb to pass".

a fun game is to bounce your awareness (such as your 'attention) off walls like playing pool to touch someone ... you'll see some people look at the wall it bounced off of instead of looking at you -- same think if you look at some people from behind they feel it and turn around and look directly at you, simply by feeling your stare or look.

I have always felt comfortable in the presence of loving, or very creative, non-judgemental people -- whereas otherwise I feel claustrophobic in restaurants, because I'm usually surrounded by THEIR judgements and vibes, which is why I prefer restaurants at opening or closing when they're empty.

people who have murdered others have a cold glint in their eyes.

(throwing tibetan bell harmonics bouncing off walls then catching them -- which is what happens at a tibetan bell concert -- they get handbells ringing to create harmonics then throw the harmonics into corners where the harmonics bounce around then they catch them again.)

[edit on 15-9-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Keep in mind that the subconscious often misinterprets something and sends the wrong signal to our conscious mind. People often carry their emotions on their faces, and if someone is walking around who is deeply troubled, or or extremely angry, eye contact conveys to our subconscious that those emotions are directed at us (in essence signaling "danger!, danger!, and illiciting a fear response) before giving our conscious mind time to analyze the situation. Just as déjà vu is now thought to be a hiccup between the brain's long and short term memory (as opposed to some sort of meta-cognition), experiences such as this are more likely along those lines.

Just my 2 cents thrown in

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I won't say I've ever been "scared" by anyone's eyes, but I have been startled....or uncomfortable even.

One was actually a relative, my great Uncle (My mothers Uncle); He passed away about 5 years ago. His eyes were this light blue, and I just remember that anytime we made eye contact, or I looked at his eyes, it made me feel really uncomfortable..I wasn't ever scared though.
After his death, I found out he had sexually abused my mother's older sister, brother, and her cousin. I've never forgotten eyes like that - and when I see them, I get really uncomfortable really quick. I've seen them three or four times in my life.

I think "reading" people's body language, facial expressions, eyes, energy, etc... are survival mechanisms. In some animals even I'm sure you can find these emotions. I've seen dogs with happy/joyful eyes, and eyes of love for their owners. And, I've seen dogs with eyes that make you feel like you should run.

Sometimes you'll look at someone and they have "kind eyes" or eyes that make you feel safe, or at home. And sometimes you'll see someone who has eyes that stare right into your soul, and it wakes you right up and startles you that someone could possibly have such a clear view right into your soul. It makes you feel completely vulnerable.

What breaks my heart, is seeing a person with sad eyes... and there is nothing more disheartnening than seeing those eyes on a child.

Some thoughts....

- Carrot

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by justgeneric

I feel bad for the guy. You never know, he may have been tortured and harassed by "demons" and you just made his day a thousand times worse.
Some people think they know everything based on a "feeling" they get and they don't care who they crush, emotionally, to see to their OWN comfort.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I know what you all mean. Certain people really turn me off, and make me want to look away, and then sometimes I cannot keep from looking at the eyes. Also, I have learned that there are very few people that can meet my eyes for more than a few seconds...I was married to a woman for 29 years that hardly met my eyes at all...she told me they looked "scary" to her. However, my present wife has no problem, and often stares into my eyes. She says my eyes make her feel good inside.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I have had this happen to me twice in my life. Once when I was in a car,stopped at the traffic lights. I caught the gaze of the man in the next car and had to imediately look away. I was with a friend and she was sitting in the passenger seat so she looked as well and voiced her fear before I said anything.I felt like I was in extreme danger by being next to this person even though they didn't say anything or didn't pull out a gun.I think I picked up on what they were capable of doing based on the things they have allready done, through the eyes.
This means that these people can be picked up on by any other sensitive people and they are theough their actions, pure evil. We can only guess at what horrors they are in to. I was filled with deep terror and felt like that person must have been into something really frightning to have that kind of evil launch itself through his eyes, tourture and murder of people maybe. The next time was years after when I was walking across some buisy crossing ...the same feeling when I locked eyes with a diffrent one. Horable....and he smirked at my recognition so They seem to pick up on our fear and enjoy it, Twice was enough for me......sorry you have had more.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
As much as I don't want admit it i know what your feeling but from the other side. let me explain. I walk around with a mow hawk and wear clothing with bands like the Dead Kennedy's and Bad religion symbols on them. I get a lot of stares which is to be expected with the way I look. Normally I don't mind the stares. Its when they stare for long periods of time that I start to get irritated. After a while I started thinking to myself that I didn't want these feelings and the people making me feel this way should have them. Once I came to this conclusion I started trying to "send" the feelings to the person staring. I found eye contact was the best way to do it. When I get these feelings I try to mental send them through to the other person, and the general response i get is a look of absolute terror. Which they then turn and walk away very fast. In other words I guess I mental attack the person(I know I am a evil person =p). I don't know if this helps you at all.

One thing I have learned from "mentally attacking" people is that there is a "shield" around us. Some call it an aura, I don't have a name for it. Once I realized what I was doing and what was going on I started focusing on building up this "shield". Its all about mental energy if you ask me. If you want we can talk more about it later but I am at work so just U2U me if you wanna hear more.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Referring to the original poster.

Could it be a type of social anxiety disorder? Or some other psychological problem?

I have social anxiety disorder, however in my case it is triggered by social interaction with someone or a group. Suddenly, for no apparent reason you'd become overwhelmed with fear, racing heart, sweating.

Although, I have never felt it was caused by the person or group. I always knew it was just happening inside my head. Once you know what's causing it you can control it to some extent.

Maybe a therapist could help you.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by Electro38]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Dooleysleftleg, lots of people experience this, don't worry, to an extent it's natural.

This is going to sound a little 'out there' if you have not learnt about this, and i can't proove this but this could well be whats happening -

Everyone has an aura, and every time you meet someone, a friend, stranger etc, both your auras are interacting with each other. Depending on the person and their energy, it can effect you in big ways, some good and some not so good. This could be what makes you feel uneasy, you may be very sensitive and receptive, which is good, but not in this case.

There are such things as 'Energy vampires'.They may know or not know it, but they drain and kind of 'feed' of your energy. This is why you are feeling weak and drained after one of these experiences. Picture a white light around you and think posistive and this will help protect you. People may laugh but trust me, try this next time and i bet you find it helps lots.

Eye contact can drain you, as people have said it is sometimes like looking into someones soul. Research info about chakra's and how to close them down and this will help you out, and put your mind at ease. Sometimes this happens, it sends your mind racing, which in these situation kind of works behind you. I hope my words help though mate, and if you research about it, you will alot better off, trust me.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooleysleftleg

You know, it is interesting that you bring this up. A close acquaintance of mine once encountered a similar issue with a Door-to-Door Salesman before. I cannot recollect all of the details, but essentially when they began talking to the guy, he seemed alright. Then, when they looked away for a moment and began discussing whether or not to buy the product, then looked back, they noticed his eyes had changed COMPLETELY. My acquaintance is a female, so of course it really disturbed her as she was home alone, but fortunately her brother had his stuff laying around her apartment, and she told the guy to come back the next day, as she would want to discuss the items with her brother before making a decision, and he was expected shortly. Her brother was U.S. Army Airborne.

Anyways, it turns out the guy whom she saw that day, when she said his "Eyes Changed", she said it absolutely terrified her and she knew she was not dealing with a sane person anymore. It was like a sudden snap in personality took place, and it leant itself to a truly disturbing underlying personality. This same lady happened to be discussing this episode a few years back with a family friend of mine who happens to work in Psychology. He became deeply interested in it as he was at that very time writing an entire paper on the very same subject, and how eyes truly reflect an individual's inner personality. Part of this issue has to do with Schizophrenia, and of course other Mood-Altering Afflictions.

BTW, I will not delve into too much detail, but let us just say that this very same "Door-to-Door Salesman" ended up becoming a very infamous shooter in a very public incident.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
um, see, ive had the experience that people cannot look me in the eyes for two long. i have brilliant blue eyes, but more than that, i think they see something in my eyes. i have a very strong, aura i would say. where i can pick up how people are feeling, pick up if a person is good or bad, i once detected a child molester that had just gotten out of prison, thats how strong it is. but i feel as if when they look into my eyes, they can see how untroubled and calm, no stress, nothing bad, just good.

i think they look away because they cant look me in the eyes when their lives are going to hell. but i would say maybe you have a gift like me, but these people are particularly dangerous, even tho they look mildmannered and such.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I think your lying because sweets are sweets and any self respecting kid would have eaten them regardles of how scared they were.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmariebored
reply to post by justgeneric

I feel bad for the guy. You never know, he may have been tortured and harassed by "demons" and you just made his day a thousand times worse.
Some people think they know everything based on a "feeling" they get and they don't care who they crush, emotionally, to see to their OWN comfort.

Yeah I agree with you. If I thought the guy was being overly sexual, I would have told him to sit somewhere else too. But if he just seemed dark, thats different. He could be having a hard time and he doesn't need one more rejection.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I think people can sense something sinister about another person on a subconscious level in their minds (or even in their hearts, if you will).
I think it comes from our more primal instincts or it may even be something more psychic.
Maybe that old lady wasn't as sweet as she may have seemed on the outside, and you subconsciously realized something was up. You never know, theirs all kinds of weird people out there... She could have been like a Satan worshipper or a murderer or even just a downright mean person.

I think not accepting the candy was a good idea.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Sorry I haven't read too much of this thread, so this might have already been said.

I think it's as simple as this: The eyes are windows to the soul.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
In all my experiences, (in which I've had many), it is called a "psychic attack", literally. These humans have a lot of negative energy built up and you end up getting the brunt end of it because you are a "sensitive". You just need to learn to protect yourself. The minute you feel it, just be as kind as you can and and ask for protection from your higher self, or your angels, they will, and can help. Google it, "psychic attack" you will find a plethora of info about it. Some people "know" they are doing it, those are the ones you need to avoid until you know how to manage it. And some people have no clue as to how negative their soul is and what they have picked up in their lifetimes. You'll overcome it, just practice when it happens and "be strong" and ask for protection, you'll overcome them in time. And you will be stonger in the process for the next time it happens.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Most people will not hold my gaze. I've had a lot of women say to me "I do not like looking you in the eye. It's like you are seeing into my soul". I still have no idea what THAT'S about.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I don't have extended eye contact with people much, because when I do, I get weird responses, like "Wow, I've never noticed how deep and blue your eyes are before..." It's just strange when many people say that.

I think people avoid eye contact with you because they feel you examining their spirit, and they are afraid of the imperfections you are seeing in them. No one wants anyone to know about their deepest flaws, and they are probably embarrassed out of eye contact. Well, at least that's my interpretation.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Before I was four years old, I'd gone through multiple eye sugeries. Basically, my pupils had to be cut in, and they are square, never dialate or contract, and I truly don't like looking anyone in the eyes. My eyes change from light blue, to gray to green, depending on mood, (could be caused by bloodflow and pigmentation maybe?), and there have been times that people have told me that they glow blue/green in the dark, and sometimes just look red or black when I'm angry.

I don't think I'm a bad person, but unless someone knows me pretty well, I don't make direct eye contact, because I'm sort of self-conscious about it, as I had a second grade teacher, who would pretty much freak out when eye contact was made.

I get my impressions through touch. If I brush someone's sleeve or shake hands, I can pretty well read a person. I never really thought it was unusual, until it was pointed out to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join