It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I keep losing things?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I just keep losing things for no apparent reason at all. I don't lose them permanently but I know that I have temporarily lost hold of some valuable of mine, and, it reappears where I last left it. For the time being I get frustrated because I know I shouldn't be losing things so much. Why do I keep losing things? Is it something like OCD? What is it?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
A place for everything and everything in its place. I walk in the back door, immediately my house keys go on one hook, my car keys go on the other right at the back door. I enter the kitchen, wallet immediately goes between butcher block and microwave. Eye glasses go on tray at back window.

Only way I can keep myself sane.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Are you on any medications?
They can affect your memory........

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

No, I am not on currently on any medications.

jpm1602

posted on 14-9-2008 at 10:07 PM

A place for everything and everything in its place. I walk in the back door, immediately my house keys go on one hook, my car keys go on the other right at the back door. I enter the kitchen, wallet immediately goes between butcher block and microwave. Eye glasses go on tray at back window.

Only way I can keep myself sane.

I try to keep things where I think they should belong but I somehow manage to always forget where things are.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Same thing happens to me, personally I just ascribe to being absent minded myself.
I know I put things in a certain place... and they generally end up the last place I put them (somewhere else)
Tend to put things in draweres I don't open much as well, so I eend up lopening them on occasion and going "That's where I put my paycheck!"
Usually on a Sunday...

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I just keep losing things for no apparent reason at all. I don't lose them permanently but I know that I have temporarily lost hold of some valuable of mine, and, it reappears where I last left it. For the time being I get frustrated because I know I shouldn't be losing things so much. Why do I keep losing things? Is it something like OCD? What is it?

Sometimes, I almost get the impression that some angels are practical jokers. I used to live in a house where RED clothes would disappear from my dryer. Then, they would reappear at a later date. My mom used to make fun of me, until she stayed over one time while I was out of town, and the same thing happened to her. She didn't make fun of me after that.

Nowadays, I laugh and take the attitude "Oh, it will show up when it shows up". That seems to take the fun out of it for them. Call me crazy....

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Do any of the other members, who perhaps in the past have made notes of mathematical proofs, descriptions of particular scientific process, etc., notices those notes 'going missing' at a higher rate than would be expected?

Perhaps the first time I noticed this was in the 80's. I went out of the country on vacation, and when I returned, some 'potentially-dangerous' software I had previously completed was gone -- all disks, printouts, notes, everything: not to be found, when I later looked for it. I was young at the time; I didn't think much of it (so much else to do!), but now I wonder....

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
When I lose something, and it's not that important, I don't worry about it. If it is important, I will tear the house apart to find it.

And yes, with the mess my house is in right now, I have lost a few things. Hopefully, cleaning it will help find some of those things.

When I lose something, and I can't find it, I try not to think about it. Then I usually find something that I had previously lost, and the thing I lost now I will find next time, when I am looking for something else.

Does that make sense, or have I confused everyone?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
My famous words. Oh, I was lookin' for that. LOL. If I had a nickel for everytime I breathed those words.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

I will think I will put one of my personal belongings away in a safe place, then, it will only be lost when I go look for it again. It happens nearly every night. My Mom always yells at me for having clutter in my room. She hasn't stopped.

new topics

top topics

join