It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim leader threatens to kill Paul McCartney over Israel gig

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Muslim leader threatens to kill Paul McCartney over Israel gig

www.haaretz.com

An Islamic militant leader warned that former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney could be the target of suicide bombers unless he cancels his first concert in Israel, reported the British Sunday Express.

The celebrated rock star plans to arrive in Israel as part of a world tour, and give a single concert at Tel Aviv's Park Hayarkon on September 25.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Seriously? the beetles? How can anyone seriously hate against the Beetles? Thats it, it's the end of the world for sure.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-9-2008 by jwstarry]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Funny,Islam is so peaceful. Yet I never hear of another religion calling for the killing of someone... Roll on the deniers please.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jwstarry

This is obviously some type of joke. Paul McCartney is the most brilliant musician (still) alive today. Wonderful wonderful music.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

I think thats a bit of an over statement............unless you like Wings?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well, I'd sure lose _any_ sympathy toward the Palestinians if McCartney were targetted, successfully or not.

I'd like to view the link, but it won't open on my PC.

[edit on 14/9/08 by Fuggle]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
well... not sure what to say really...

what IS sad is that they would even think of celebrating the "formation of israel" after 60 years of an onslaught against the palestinians which has resulted in over 7000 000 refugees and i have no clue as to how many have been massacred due to the occupation...

think of it this way...

if i were to sell you my house, then 60 years later my grandchildren came back to the house, kicked the door in, said "this was my house and i want it back" then killed your family and kicked you out onto the streets... then they got more of the ex-residents of the houses on the estate to do the same thing to every house etc...
multiply this 1000's of times over as this did not just happen to a housing estate, but to a WHOLE COUNTRY!
the jews left there of their own accord, they had NO RIGHT to storm into that land, massacre and make homeless millions of families, bulldoze houses, bomb places etc...

60 years on and they want to celebrate it? it's like celebrating a massacre of people...
maybe threats weren't the right thing to do, BUT the point is how can they celebrate it? wouldn't people go mad if germany had a "60 year independance from the jews" festival when everyone knows this would be hailing the holocaust....?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter

This is obviously some type of joke. Paul McCartney is the most brilliant musician (still) alive today. Wonderful wonderful music.

Music is haram (forbidden) in islam.

This islamic guy probably feel offended big time.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This is strange... Roger Waters among all the other great artists who have had gig's in Israel was welcome, cause he stated he is against the wall. No offend to any but islamic threats has become very normal against anyone who accepts Israel and/or democracy. This should only be about the music and nothing else

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
please delete

[edit on 14-9-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vowles
Funny,Islam is so peaceful. Yet I never hear of another religion calling for the killing of someone... Roll on the deniers please.

Islam called on the killing of Paul McCartney or a Muslim guy with political issues?

If you would like to argue it's Islam's doing, please quote the Quran verse that says Paul McCartney should be killed for playing in Israel..

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Bloody helll... what a bunch of miserable gits eh?

I mean i know Mcartney isn't the best musician, but he's not a bad person.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Riots about Dutch Cartoons, was that 'a muslim guy with pencil issues?'.

What about Mohammed the Teddy bear outrage. 'A muslim with terrible dislike for the prophetstation of cuddly toys?'

The list goes on, Mr McCartney is but one of many in Islams sights.
Roll on #2?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I am not muslim, I HATE THE BEATLES, and specially Paul, as a musician...

Kill him? no...Ignore him, it will hurt more...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by flymetothemoon

Well, in that case, since it's only about the music...KILL HIM.
Nahhh, I could do without another talentless martyr...

Just Ignore Him.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Your right I have a hard time believing that any religion today can condone killing people. This isn't the middle ages any more we've progressed beyond that .Why do we not here the condemnations we would here if another religious leader did this?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthWolfe CND

Yes it should be about the music and not the artists political thinking

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Well if we new exactly who and where this militant leader was we could go and kill him first.But we don't.If someone threatened to kill someone like this in a civilized country they would be arrested and/or killed.
But unfortunately no one knows who and where this terrorist is.
However I highly doubt a suicide bomber would get within a mile of Paul McCartney.
Can you imagine the bomb sniffing dogs, snipers, military security?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join