It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. 'Suicidal Maniac' Train Crash was 'Bomb Like'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This was reported in the London Telegraph on September 11th 2008.

Next US terror attack 'could be by white Americans or Europeans'

www... .telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...-Europeans.html

The next day this happens.

news.bbc.co.uk...

At least 12 people have died and some 100 have been hurt in a head-on collision between a passenger train and a freight train near Los Angeles.

LA crash was like 'a bomb blast'

Passengers said the impact sounded and felt like a bomb exploding.

This is the worst train accident I have ever seen
Los Angeles Fire Department Capt. Rex Vilaubi

The exact cause of the crash - believed to be one of the worst in Los Angeles' history - is not yet known.

The 26-year-old owner of the Jeep was planning to kill himself when he had a sudden change of heart, apparently leaping from his vehicle moments before the train's impact, police said.

Honestly, say what you want about 'conspiracy theories'
How can anyone buy this official story.

Culture Of Fear.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I think that's a bit of a stretch there buddy - cars derail trains all the time (although I did not know this one was caused by a car till now)

We had a particularly bad one couple of years back where a sales man driving a range rover towing a trailer fell asleep and drove down a bank and onto the tracks - the vehicle was stuck, he jumps out and as he is calling it in one train derails head on into another, is a similar way to the crash in LA.

These things do happen.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I used to live in the midwest and train engineers were a popular profession. Train accidents are extremely common. Like I would usually hear about atleast 1 a week. Trains derailing, hitting cars etc.

They have very strict rules on the engineers because of the accident levels. They are only allowed to drive for a certain amount of time and they will literally stop the train in the middle of no where and change crews if it goes even a minute over their time limit.

Haven't looked at this accident at all, but there is certainly nothing odd about what you've posted. It happens all the time.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I doubt it... I live near the crash and it is officially been called a head on train to train collision. For some reason the fail safes, failed which would have alerted either train of the impending doom ahead. 18 dead thus far and presently they are trying to lift the cars where they expect to find more dead.

Terror??? Probably not

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The BBC Article youve posted is from 2005, Im not sure if you meant that :p

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

It is amazing how people like to make every event into a conspiracy or terrorist act. I guess they like more drama for the mama!

Where is the news snippet for this headline?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I was there a few hours after it happened with my trusty SLR. It was a head on collision, I believe only one of the trains was moving at the time of the accident. They're saying 18 dead and 130 hurt. All I have heard about the cause of the wreak was that a piece of emergency equipment failed, probably a signaling device.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism
reply to post by Now_Then

It is amazing how people like to make every event into a conspiracy or terrorist act. I guess they like more drama for the mama!

Where is the news snippet for this headline?

LA crash was like 'a bomb blast'

BBC

news.bbc.co.uk...

I report what I sees on my news ticker.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SparkOfLife

That article is from 2005...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This is the one for all interested.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - At least 24 people were killed in the head-on crash of a commuter train and a freight train near Los Angeles that officials on Saturday attributed to the failure of the passenger train engineer to stop at a red light.

"At this moment we must acknowledge that it was a Metrolink engineer that made the error that caused yesterday's accident," Denise Tyrrell, a spokeswoman for the train line, said at a news conference.
he said the engineer, who was not identified, worked for a subcontractor used by Metrolink. The engineer was believed to have died in the crash.

In the same article it refers to the 2005 accident

The Los Angeles passenger rail line's previous deadliest crash happened in January 2005, when 11 people were killed after a train slammed into a Jeep Cherokee that had been parked on the tracks. That train derailed, struck another train traveling in the opposite direction and hit a freight train.

top topics

join