It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have this dot....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
So I've had this dot on the side of my right middle finger for about 4 years now. I've seen two doctors and each of them have no explenation other than "When you were a kid you may have gotten a peice of lead stuck in your finger".

The only problem with this prognosis is this: The time that I got said dot on my right middle finger I was not in college. I was, however, drinking that night. And by drinking I mean I bought a 6 pack of redstripe at about 6pm. I know this because I got off of work at 5 that evening because I didn't have to work late. (Also concerns me because I remember that night so clearly.). I went over to a friend of mine named jason and I drank the 6 pack from about 7pm to about 1am when he said that I told him that I was going for a walk. I remember everything u p to this very specific point. Except my memory differs from his in the fact that I thought I told him that I would be going outside for a breat of air. According to him I didn't show back up until 5am and I told him I had "been acros the way". That, of course doesn't make any sense to me. Anyway, to how I dicovered this dot that strikingly resembles a "Party Dot" that people generally get on their hand somewhere. This would be all fine and dandy except I had drank 5 beers over the course of hours that night and I must admit I've drank MUCH more.

After I went home the next day I slept the majority of the day. This was strange to me because I am the type of person who will sleep maybe at most 6 hours at a time.

Later that day I kept itching my finger like I had been bitten by a mosquito which is what I attributed to until I looked at my finger.

At this point I realized there was a DOT on my finger. To this day it as been 5+ years, and it hasn't changed at all.

Now, I've never given a bit og thought to this because it's just "been there" and hasn't changed at all, and I attributed to something that I maybe have done without realizing it.

Then I got to looking at it closely. It mimics a "party dot" almost perfectly, only it's on the right inside of my right index finger.

I have NO idiea what this is, the ONLY recolection I have that night after I left my friends apartment is blacking out. I remember walking out of the door am down the stairs but that is the extent of it.

However, I'd like to stop all o the "well you were drunk" responses right now, because if ou can get drunk off of a 6 pack of Red Stripe over the course of 6 hours then you have no room to comment. I personally cold drink at least a 12 pack over that time and be OK cognitivrly.

My whole point of this thread is to either figure out if anyone has this same dot or perhaps someone can explain to me what happened, because i remember the4 night vividly except for a period of time, and that's the only correlation that I have.

Sorry about the long post but my curiousity has overcome me.

And knowing ATS, please feel free to check my past post history. I know how you fine ladies and gents are, so let me have it. I only want to know how it came to be

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
So that's where it went!
I used to have this dot....

Sorry man, no disrespect intended. It just popped into my head.
If the only thing about it that's troubling you is where it came from, you're ok. Just keep an eye on it. If it starts hurting or changes in any way go back to the doc.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
What is disturbing you more, the dot on your finger or the missing time period.?
If it is the dot just let it be.If it is the period of missing time that led up to you having the dot and not knowing how it got there,seek out a hypnotist who can possibly regress you back and find out what actually happened to you during the missing time period. Good luck and seriously lay off the beer.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by calcoastseeker
What is disturbing you more, the dot on your finger or the missing time period.?
If it is the dot just let it be.If it is the period of missing time that led up to you having the dot and not knowing how it got there,seek out a hypnotist who can possibly regress you back and find out what actually happened to you during the missing time period. Good luck and seriously lay off the beer.

To the above two posters: Yes, what is troubling me is where it came from and the explenations givent by my doctor. I assure you I did not stab myself with a lead pen. It appeared after a blackout. I'm trying to take pics with my cell phone but it isn't working out the way i intended because it won't email me at my microsoft work address for some reason.

This thread is to mainly acheive the following:
A. I'm not crazy (I hope not, or a lot of other people are screwed beyond myself) and B. That it's there, unexplicably, for no reason at all.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by calcoastseeker

I'd like to talk about this post specifically. I refuse to see any type of theropist hypno or otherwise. I come to ATS in hopes that I'm not the only one. I'd show you a picture if you can tell me how from sprint I can send a picture to an email addres and then upload to the site. Only because I've had extensive dreams related to this "dot" that most would regard me as a nut, however I assure I am mostly sane

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The only reason I post this in skunk works is certainly don't know what it is, and it's been unchanging for years. (actually it's never changed.)

Come on ATS, tell me what it might be!

(Pics to come)

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Try Imageshack to upload the picture.

Perhaps this is a metal splinter, foreign objects can cause itchiness in skin (I had a wood splinter recently). Does your friend have old Iron railings or metalwork outside.

Drink may of induced a lapse of concentration whereupon you stumbled or leaned on a sharp splinter etc etc. Ask a professional to remove it, don't try cleaning area, apply lots antiseptic, using sharp tweezers to gradually dig it out, then cleaning area again. Don't try that.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by stringue
Try Imageshack to upload the picture.

Perhaps this is a metal splinter, foreign objects can cause itchiness in skin (I had a wood splinter recently). Does your friend have old Iron railings or metalwork outside.

Drink may of induced a lapse of concentration whereupon you stumbled or leaned on a sharp splinter etc etc. Ask a professional to remove it, don't try cleaning area, apply lots antiseptic, using sharp tweezers to gradually dig it out, then cleaning area again. Don't try that.

Firstly to this, I've done many things in my lifetime. I've gotten many metal and wood splinters. This is simply a dot that is colored EXACTLY like a tatto that uses the stadard ink. I have taken a few picks via cell phone but they're horrible piccs.

I'd also like to point out that during that time and the preceeding months I had a desk job. I am a systems engineer by trade. I sit at a desk all day. It isn't like I run drill presses or other mechanics by which you would recieve such an unchanging mark over that many years.

Thus far, I've seen it as a novelty item; it's there and I have no idea how it's there.

I have some crapely lighted cell phone pics (Rumar LG) of my figher when I reviewed them all you seeis a black mark on my finger (althought keep in mind it's that "original b&w tatoo color.

That's the best I can tell it.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Also I'm sorry for not editing the previous post, but I've asked for it to be removed and they say "We could but there isn't any debri to extract"

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Here's is the best I an do with a fail phone camera at anight (taken minutes ago).

It's more detailed and slightly larger than the photo indicates.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
What is it that you fear? From the tone of your post, you obviously feel it is not a medical issue. I assume that you are not asking us to tell you to check for a skin cancer, but that you are looking for someone to say that you have somehow been "marked" without your knowledge by persons or entities unknown, in association with a blackout, under circumstances that you would not normally fall prey to.

Is that correct?

If so, the possibilities are legion, all of which are capable of inducing a nice state of paranoia.

1. It's a monitoring device by the company for which you work as a systems engineer, checking on what you download.
2. You've been implanted with a microchip by Grays.
3. The grubbyment is watching you.

These are just a few of the more entertaining possibilities.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I wondered if it might be a tattoo, especially if it itched a lot at first.

You could wonder- why tattoo a dot on a finger? but many strange things seem like a great idea when you're drunk or have been drinking.

Someone I know has a small tattoo that his friends put on him (with a sewing needle and ink) when he was passed out.

Other than that I used to have a black dot just under the skin of the palm of my hand - near my thumb. I think it was there since I was a child or early teens at the latest. Eventually it just went. I never noticed it go, but your post reminded me of it. I always assumed it was some sort of splinter.

Edit to say: I appreciate that you don't think you'd drunk a lot, but could you have gone off to have more to drink than you remember?

[edit on 12-9-2008 by berenike]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I also had a black dot on my hand for a few years, but I remember where it came from.
At some point I had trapped some skin while closing a tight fitting lid to a box, which caused a small blood-filled blister. The blister subsided and left a black dot, which must have been coagulated blood between layers of skin.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I have a dot on the top of my index finger of my left hand. It is located about 1/4" from my nail. I don't remember how I got it, but always assumed it was from a no. 2 lead pencil from when I was in grammer school.

What's a "party dot"??

[edit on 12-9-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Maybe a "party dot" is a regional thing to where I grew up but basically it's something kids did... it's nothing more than a dot tattood on your hand or various other locations.

Also, this isn't a black dot, it's blue, just like that of a tattoo.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Ecidemon]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Just an update to an old thread that of which was posted under the influence(this reply is not).

I still have this "dot" on the inside of my right middle finger, unchanged, despite my best efforts (Honestly I hadn't thought or looked and it in forever, but I noticed this thread and remembered and checked it again). I took a sewing needle and dug into and around it to make sure nothing was in there, and there wasn't so far as I could tell - the strange thing is, it healed up about a week later and looked exactly as it did before. It didn't even scab. I heal pretty fast compared to normal people in general, but there wasn't even a scab here after I cleaned it out, it dried over and healed in a very short time. I'm not into cutting myself and hate pain, but I wonder what would happen if I did some real damage to that area? My curiosity has been piqued.

I must admit, part of my goal of digging into it was to get it to go away, rather strange the it remains the same afterwords. I pulled the skin away so it was now a red hole which soon reverted back to it's normal state.

Now it's just another one of those "things" that are there, a kin to a birth mark, but I'm still curious.

I no longer have the recollections of what may have happened that night, so I offer nothing other than I have a strange permanent marking in a strange place that is reminiscent of a tattoo dot, but could not possibly be a tattoo dot. (Tattoos were taboo here in the bible belt here where I was living at the time)

Edit, late night grammar

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Ecidemon]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I would highly recommend getting it somehow pulled out. I know you said that the doctors said it cannot be extracted, but what if it is physical but flat, almost like a wafer sized object. If it is a tattoo than that sucks, but if it's not....it would be awesome to see it out of your finger.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
i realize this is an old thread, but i have a dot of the same nature.
mines a little red dot on the left inside of my left ring finger,
i dont remember when it got there, or how it did. its always confused me. but i just figure "prolly got pricked or something"
but then on the same finger, just a little below the dot, i have several small veins, that just show, its not liek theyre protruding. you can just see them. and theyre purple. idk if that has anything to do with it. but i just figured i should share this.
if you ever do find out what this dot is, please send me a u2u so maybe i can find out what mien is

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Wow Ecid, ....

I thought all that stuff you said in chat about Bi-Curiosity was a Joke.

Now I see your Avatar, ....

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yeah. Somebody stabbed you with a tat needle or a pencil. I've actually got two dots on my body just like that from my young, rowdy, "don't be the dolt who passes out first" days.

new topics

top topics

join