It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police State (read the news today)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I was just on Drudge report and found three articles in a row that ten years ago would have sparked civil unrest.I want to know what the Ats community thinks of this. It seems the laws?rules are getting more and more overberring and harder to follow>The more laws you make the more criminals you have. At this rate I am thinking of keeping an extra $500 or so in a sock drawer just in case I get locked up for jaywalking.

Police
State
U.S.A.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by cbass]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yea i read that at the rate were going that 15 years from now the united states will have more citizens in prison then out

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
that is if we make it past 2012 lol

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'd love to see a "crack down" on people who wear there pants below their underwear.

You may have a right to dress as you please but I live in a town where many people ride bikes. I'm not interested in seeing your crack so pull your stupid pants up.

Ten years ago, there weren't enough people stupid enough to wear there pants below their undies to warrant a law. When I was a kid, the cops would have throw you in jail for wearing you pants below your undies. Perhaps it's time once again.

Cover your butts. No one else wants to see them.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The law concerning baggy pants is confusing in that you have to expose 2 to 5 inches of underwear. Does this mean that since I don't wear underwear that I won't be arrested? As for the broken pencil sharpener, that one is really grasping for straws. The kid could inflict a more life threatening injury with a pencil, or even his teeth. Helmet laws have been a thorn in my side for years. If they save lives, why aren't they mandatory for passengers in automobiles? The laws that are written to prosecute people for victimless crimes are used to single out those that do nothing more than deviate from the socially acceptable ideas of what is normal. White collar crime is normal I suppose, or those guys would be the ones that are making the headlines.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
We already have the largest percentage of our population in the criminal justice system weather it be in prison ,jail,parole,probation or otherwise, than any other country in the world. And, it's because of laws and rules like these. I don't particularly like seeing a grown mans underwear but I also don't think ANYONE should lose their freedom so easily. In a perfect world, it should be very hard to lose your freedom. You should almost have to want to lose your freedom in order to actually be sent to jail. That should be the LAST resort and something that happens very rarely.

Instead it is surprisingly VERY easy to lose your freedom nowadays.
It doesn't take much to becomer a part of the system.

I have a river across the street from my house. It is Called Byrnes Mill Park.There is no "park" there. It is simply a river acess. You should read the List of "rules" that this podunk little park has. I just recently moved here with my wife and kids. We went swimming in the river figuring it would be ok. It is a river afterall. Imagine my surprise at being told by a police officer on our way out that he could arrest us for swimming in the river and pointed to "The Sign". And, sure enough there it was in black and white. NO SWIMMING along with a list as long as my leg of NO's.
Punishable of up to a $500 fine and..............You guessed it, A YEAR IN JAIL!!!!!!! Are F&*ing kidding me? Nope. I firmly believe that had I not had my little ones with me I would have gone jail.Little did I know ,we were all criminals that day.

It would be funny if it weren't so tradgic.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Just to clarify, You couild actually Go to jail for a YEAR ,you would of course lose your job,house,wife and kids would have to fend for themselves, No sex...with women at least(in Missouri they don't allow conjigul visits from what I learned in crimal justice classes)have a misdemenor on your record for the rest of your life thus affecting eligability of future employment, all for what?????????

Swimming in a GDDAMN RIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Steps down off of soapbox]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Sigh...

These kind of laws scary the 'jebus' out of me... really.

Baggy pants: look... I'm an IT consultant, so my clothes are mainly social, meaning a businnes suit and shirt (don't like and don't wear a tie). I don't think its pretty nor "fashion" to wear baggy pants and to show up the underwear. But, come on... every one should be free to choose whatever the hell they want to wear!!! As long as they are not being disrespectful, not trying to provoke anything, not showing the "special parts of the body"... it should be ok!!!! So what if its showing the underwear??? Should I wear a jeans pants while on the beach??
how long is it gonna take to be unlawful to wear a mini-skirt? Or a push-up bras?

River: Man.. that's just sad. I mean, it's a freaking river, it should be a natural place to do natural things, such as swim with the kids, play boat, fish and everything else. Jesus...

Helmets: I already posted my opinion on another thread about it... I'm just to annoyed to repeat myself or think about something else to write..

Peace

PS.: and I don't even live in the US... but I feel for all you brothers and sisters.

new topics

top topics

join