It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Drew You to ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jakati22

Oh my, are there transformer conspiracies now too? what is the world coming to.

Well I guess i shouldn't laugh, look at what they found on the matrix passport for Neo all of the 9/11 references before 9/11 happened.

Now if i find conspiracies on a spongebob movie, im gonna really worry.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by sheila947]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Ummm, John Titor I believe. Then there is bigfoot, UFOs, and all the other good stuff.

Except the 9/11 conspiracies. That makes me sick.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Fuggle

Oh ya, chads drone was a great time filler. I believe that hoax got a lot of people thinking about the big questions out there. But I was so intrigued at how the ATS pros put this hoax in its place, just to witness the workings of the core debunkers, and watching the unraveling was so impressive, after that I knew this was the place for me.

Im such a sucker I will believe anything, and this site has settled down my sheeple mentality..

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeddicusZulZorander

OHH, John Titor, now that one still has me on the fence. Both the pro's and Con's are both so convincing it confuses me so.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
"1. How did you find ATS?

2. What brought you here to start with?

3. Are you still active in the original topic that brought you here in the first place. "

1. I found ATS when I did a google search for Indrid Cold after watching the movie Mothman Prophecies because I had heard that it was based on a true story. I quickly saw what other topics on the website were and quickly became enamored.

2. I think I pretty much summed this up in my answer to number 1.

3. No. I have since become completely uninterested in Indrid Cold and read much more topics concerning pretty much every other topic. I don't necessarily believe everything that I read here, but I do believe that it is important to understand what sort of beliefs are out there and what other people think. That is why I approach each and every topic with an open mind that they may be correct, and form my opinion later. I know I haven't been a very active poster however I am a very active reader and try to read most topics posted. I only post if I feel that I am able to provide something that either hasn't been provided yet or, I don't think someone else will be able to provide the same prospective that I can.

I know I've probably rambled and that no one will read all of this, but in summary: I am not here for what I came for, I am here for what I have found and it has truly amazed me.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I'm a person with something to say! DAMIT! And sometimes I like to say that in form of messageboards. Many other messageboards like to talk about the length of some popstars hair, or the newest crazy, or the poop of life, but if you try to talk about something REAL like the 2012 phenomenon you quickly get swept under the rug. There's some good stuff going on in our days, and this stuff is so much cooler then the newly tattooed ass of some idiot that is so needy for attention they brave popculture to become an icon after selling their souls in the process.

I was researching the 2012 phenomenon and there was some guy, a well enough known guy, but I don't recall who, that talked about the website. I was all for it and I am here.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sheila947

I came to ATS because my son recomended it to me. He thought i would enjoy above politics and the fact that there was intelligent conversation here and the members and staff held themselves to high standards.

I lurked for awhile just reading the threads, it can be intimidating when you first come here. I quickly saw that there were many subjects that held interest for me and noticed that i would get lost in here for hours on end.

I loved the fact that there is so much information here, people from all over the world so i can see different points of view, so many people that put so much time into their research and are able to disagree with you without berating and belittling you. And even though i was intimidated at first (still am sometimes) i quickly found that there are many that are willing to lend a helping hand, or a few words of encouragement.

I think the main thing that appealed to me was the sense of camaraderie here.

I'm still involved in the things that first appealed to me, as well as many others.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I found this place when me, my mom, and her friend and the friends boy friend. had one of thoughs 9 hour talk into the night. we were i think talking about project greenlight. so i pulled out my lappy and searched (never found any thing about it: were the friend lived ther were a few "acrobatic" ufos which gave off a green light. a friend told here it was a gov aircraft dubed project green light). but i did find this place.

i decided to join because of the fact that i had some mystirus run ins and still do.

ive also seen some out of the ordinary things such as,
(4 years ago) looked out the window of the vehicle and i saw that there was this animal looking thing running with us. the odd thing was that it looked like it was decapitaded and running on hind legs, the body was sorta rounding . there ws arms but no head. was also a bit bloody. (i thought it was my imagination tell my mothers friend proposed this question. "are you sure that it was you imagination, do you not think that it migth have been real?"
(3 months ago) participated in a blessing sence some one had encourtured something that scared him. he was seeing people talk to him who werent talking to him telling him to do malicius things. and when we went to bless the house i ws able to see (partial image of it runing into a room) and feel him (the melevolent spirit). he was folowing my friend who was blessing the house (sence some past expiences in my life i was abl to feel him more then other) scared my friend also when i told him he was over me looking at him and that he wsa getting very angry.

taken out of my intro post.

there alot more then that ive encountered

thus the resoned and joined.... actualy would have join sooner but i moved.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I was doing a search on Area 51 and clicked on the ATS link.

I was amazed at the amount brain candy here and after lurking for a few months I signed up. To many areas of interest to list them all but I do like the "out of the box" thinkers, crazy or not lol

Now ATS is like digital crack, I need my daily fix

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
TWA Flight 800.

RIP Dan Gabor, my friend, and all those who perished with you on that fateful day.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
All the nutcases (doom and gloom sayers) drew me here.I never get tired of reading their amusing posts about end of galaxy beacuse a rat farted at the wrong place and time.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
"1. How did you find ATS?

3. Are you still active in the original topic that brought you here in the first place. "

1. searching for information about u.f.o sightings, because i had one and wanted to find simular sightings and experiences to get answers as to what it could of been (still searching), i'd seen ATS lots of times come up in my search results and i use to read bit and bobs before joining.

2. the u.f.o/strange lights subjects, what made me join and decide to add my thoughts was a thread about dreams, because it was a good read and ive had weird dreams myself so i shared them.

3. i read more than comment, but yes if you count reading.

ATS provides a good balance when looking at subjects, so i use it for many subjects now. whilst you get those who just make up what something could be with a wild guess, you do get alot of people showing certain things up for what they are, it helps in not falling for disinfo, i can work it out myself most of the time but not everytime. thats why i'm still here, ATS seperates the mysteries from the out and out deceptive.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
1. I found ATS through my research at a buddies house, studying up on the Philadelphia project, trying to see what other theories were being studied at the time, what technology could be possibly around at this time...

2. Google.com & the idea that this site was conspiracy central...

3. Not the exact same topic, but in general yes, the broad range of alien tech, future tech stuff really keeps me interested...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
1. the 7 year 911 anniversary was just yesterday (googled)
2. i was feeling very beat up by all the BS that is still dominating (googled)
3. i have decided to hang out with some fellow soldiers in this info war...
till i feel strong enough to go out and battle some more

for those kindred spirits out there...

here's my 1st & 2nd post

and this here post before you would be my 3rd

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Ðø¢ulå]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I can´t remember what thread brought me here, and I am quite sure I no longer participate in it.....SO.....I am going to churn out a cheesy answer (pun intended):

What brought me to ATS? FATE!

How do I know this? Through ATS I have met people who are now VERY important in my life and are helping me change it for the better.

*You know who you are

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I agree, ATS is one of the best place for discussion of alternative, conventional and unconventional topics. I never get bored here

Now about your questions...

1. How did you find ATS?
Ans: Don't remember, it was more than four years ago, my memory wasn't what it used to be

Ans: I was interested in the paranormal to start with, a crazy X-phile at that time, and this place suits my needs just so perfectly.

3. Are you still active in the original topic that brought you here in the first place. Ans: More or less, yes I still am into UFOs and conspiracies.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
1. How did you find ATS?

Heard it mentioned in passing on a radio program so I looked it up.

My interests are UFO/Aliens, Time/Dimensions, Quantum Physics and Remote Viewing (TRV)

3. Are you still active in the original topic that brought you here in the first place.

I tend not to be active in any topic. I merely read. I started posting in the beginning but was so taken aback at the self absorbtion and rudeness that some members operate with. I got turned off. I like a good debate and appreciate opposing sides of any topic but there are so many here that just chew em up and spit em out for no other reason than to stroke their own egos so I dont post much anymore.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I came to ATS around 2004 because I was researching the 2012 phenomena via the website www.diagnosis2012.co.uk... - I'm still partly active in that subject.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sheila947

"So here are my questions...

1. How did you find ATS?

3. Are you still active in the original topic that brought you here in the first place.
"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.At first I never joined or posted anything on ATS. I just marvelled in some of the debates. The way argument shifted back and forth without getting too abusive. Thats a more recent attribute and not a good one!

2.It was while researching the whole 9/11 thing that I discovered ATS.

3.Not really. I don't think there's a reasonable argument for the events of 9/11 not being an inside job. At worst the government was in on it from the start, at best the 9/11 commission openly misled and lied to the public. Either way its pretty damning.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
My interest in aliens brought me here. I have no clue how I actually found the site, I just came across it while reading about aliens.

I was lucky enough to come across ATS right when SERPO was at its peak.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join