It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top brass has doubts on Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Top brass has doubts on Afghanistan

www.news.com.au

US Joint Chiefs Chairman Admiral Michael Mullen has warned time is running out to defeat an intensifying insurgency in Afghanistan and says he is "not convinced we're winning" in the country.

Admiral Mullen, the top military adviser to US Defence Secretary Robert Gates, said he has commissioned "a new, more comprehensive military strategy for the region that covers both sides of that border" between Afghanistan and Pakistan, an area the United States says is being used by insurgents.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Remind me again - why are troops in Afghanistan?

They can't be hunting Bin Laden, as he's not wanted for 9/11.

Why are they fighting a war they can't win? Perhaps it is an opportunity to test weapons? At the very least, they're spending big dollars on ammunition, so I can see why the MIC profiteers need to have troops in the country.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

I REALLY have no idea, at one point they where considering going into EGYPT! some bull about weapon smuggling routes.

I think that they just want to build up a new goverment there, and then they are basically there bitch, like UK.and Iraq,and Georgia......

so yeah, probably just about power, and buildin a huge allies list

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Yeah, it still puzzles me why they are there. I forgot about protecting the opium supply, so I guess that's one reason.

I'll probably have to wait for some NWO MIC supporter to enter this thread and give me an official version of why we need to be making war in Afghanistan.

I haven't read my daily dose of spin, yet, so someone will surely enlighten me about how our safety at home depends on extremist Afghans being shot to death in their caves.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
They are there to boost heroine production...
At least that is the most noticeable effect here...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Put back into context, the good Admiral is saying troops and killing alone won't win the war in Afghanistan. It is his opinion that a new strategy needs to be implemented. And the insurgents have the benefit of running across the border into Pakistan while our forces are uninvited. That reminds me of the Vietnam war and 'neutral' Laos.
And we are in Afghanistan to kill terrorists and to help build a democracy there.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
lol, and what has happened to others who have pointed out that the war isn't being won? Weren't they relieved?

I suspect this man isn't going to be in the same position for much longer.
All because he told the truth.

top topics

join