It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Shooting Drill Terrifies Unknowing Teachers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

School Shooting Drill Terrifies Unknowing Teachers

www.msnbc.msn.com

About 50 teachers at a New Jersey school experienced a terrifying moment when a shooting rampage turned out to be a drill, but the teachers didn't know it.

It happened Aug. 28 at the Phillipsburg New Jersey Early Learning Center.

A man burst into the library and started shooting. But the gun didn't have any bullets, just blanks.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Wow.

Talk about leaving permanent psychological trauma upon folks.

I wasn't sure if this just affected the staff, but according to some of the statements, there were kids present as well.

I can see safety drills for such a possible scenario perhaps, but UNANNOUNCED chaos and terror like that is just ridiculous.

"People are crying. The girl next to me is trembling and shaking. You heard people crying. You heard other people praying. It was pretty dramatic," one teacher said.

The school district put the drill in place to test staff readiness.

The Phillipsburg School Board heard from angry teachers and parents Monday night.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-9-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The key word is terror. Terrorize the people from cradle to coffin. Then they make sure that people think that the government is the only thing that can protect them. Happens all the time these days, especially with media scare tactics.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
That's not a safety drill. That's instilling fear. A drill is having the cops there with some volunteers on a weekend or after hours to practice scenarios.
Busting in on a bunch of kids in the middle of class in their gestapo black with weapons drawn is meant to show the kids who's the "boss" and set them up to either rebel in adulthood and go to prison or fall in line and become a slave.

Don't not pay your taxes or the stormtroopers will murder your family.
That's what that is.

CX

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Thats pretty bad, i would have loved to have seen someone overpower the pretend gunman and kick the living crap out of him.

The officials would be answering even more questions than they are already.

Pathetic.

CX.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
They're teachers, not soldiers. You can't expect teachers to be ready for an ambush by armed men, and expect them to take control of the situation.

They didn't take the job to teach, they took it to take down armed men who are trying to hold the school hostage, right?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
School wasn't in session at the time of this drill, it was during the week prior to school opening back up for students. The teachers that are pregnant and predisposed to having critical issues that would arise from such a "drill" were informed before hand as to not cause any undue stress to those people.

This happened near me, and has been in the papers for days around here. It's a crazy notion to do this to the faculty during the first week of teacher-in-service days, but I guess where there is a will there is a way with the government scare tactics....

A_L

Edit to add original article in local paper mcall.com

[edit on 9/10/2008 by another_lurker]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Guess this would be one way to find out which teachers were carrying when they shouldnt be. Personally I believe they all should be.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
And what if one teacher had been carrying a pen knife and stabbed the man killing him?

Or if any teachers have psycological problems afterwards...?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
the day something like this happens in my kids school , i´ll sue them

sorry but whats wrong with your society

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
What the hell?

If i'd have been a parent with my kids at the school, i would have come in and kicked the cr*p out of whoever it was that had arranged that 'drill'...

Sickening, imagine the trauma.....

Hope someone gets in trouble for this, and as one poster mentioned, it would have been reall funny to see the 'gun man' get overwhelmed and pummeled by people.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Wow, this was a bad idea.

One of the plausible outcomes would be someone sneaking up on the fake gunman and stabbing him to death.
Another outcome would be someone actually shooting back.

This has got to be one of the dumbest ways to test preparedness. Sure, it makes a realistic scenario, but expect the victims to respond realistically... hence, if they get even a moments chance to kill the person shooting the blanks, they will likely do so.

I know I would. I'd make sure there wasn't a chance of him still being alive.

Dumb... really freaking dumb.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It's not as if this sort of thing did not happen before.. I remember seeing just this kind of thing on an Alex Jones film..

You may not be a fan of Alex Jones, and you sure should not trust everything you hear from any single source, but in this instance he was right on the money..

I think it was in one of the Martial Law vids.

It is training, indeed, to train the kids to be good little slaves..

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
LOL now thats funny.
And you shouldnt let the teachers know.
This is a drill to see how they would act.

However lol I dunno about these types of drills its just crazy.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It would have been darned funny if this had backfired and a few people would have beaten the guy half to death and covered him in pepper spray. Now, you can't be too sure who has what in their purse or jacket. Brick, tazar, knife, gun, bear spray, etc.. How many of us here defy those signs that say, No Weapons Allowed?

I wonder who they got to agree to do this? In the guy's mind, he should have considered that there might be ONE person who would try to take him out instead of running.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Imagine the insanity. This just makes me very sick to say the least.
It is absolutely uncalled for, Nazi like drills like this that just undo me.

I have a good hunch that MOST of the recent school shootings are by kids programmed to perform them. Call me a crazy conspiracy theorist, it just makes sense to me.

When will this homeland terror by our people in government and anyone with a uniform of any kind stop?

Sick is the word. sinister also.

Now, i dont mean good cops so dont go getting your skivies in a knot, some of you. There are good people everywhere.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

Wait till somebody gets hurt, it wont be funny.

Also, you can scare people to death.

I know you mean funny as in odd, im just sayin

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Wouldnt providing proper trianing and drills a few times have a much better effect? Sounds like basic training to me scare and breakdown the teachers so that you can re-build from scratch. Not the proper way to go about this. They didnt sign up for that kind of thing. Show them what to do train them first let them build up confidence in themsleves. Dont use shock and awe to tear them down, they are teachers not combat arms but give them tools to deal with a just in case scenario.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This is really no suprise, this and many other recent events are examples of what the American populace are in for come the fascist regime.
Get used to the Nazi cops dressed in black armed to the teeth, get used to being arrested for nothing, get used to being tasered etc.

This is all part of the plan and that is keep the people living in fear of standing up for their rights and freedoms. All the nay sayers that come here on ATS and spout its all crap. Well its not and we can see what's happening right in front of us.

Martial law is coming, a bankrupt economy, fighting illegal wars that the US has no way of winning, the impending attack on Iran etc. When it all falls apart and the people are told they cannot get their money out of their banks, when they are told there is not enough food what will happen.

Well the US is a nation of armed citizens, riots verging on a civil war will happen hence the need for martial law. All the dissenters, politico's, virtually any person that stands up to the corrupt regime will end up in one of those many camps that are being built either that or dead.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I hope the teachers and parents of the children sue the freaking pants off the Superintendent and the entire school district. I think those in charge, anyone who collaborated with the "drill" and all planners should be fired immediately.

Just imagine if someone had a concealed weapons permit or something, or someone in the parking lot with a gun and ran into the building and shot the so called tester?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join