It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Shooting Drill Terrifies Unknowing Teachers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
More details here:

www.dailykos.com...
Now, what is missing from this report are the details of what happened. I have a source at this school who is willing to talk....

On Friday, August 29, 2008 a series of gunmen burst into the school and starting shooting. There were screams and several people appeared to be shot and/or dead in the halls of the school. The teachers and school staff were terrified. Some called 911 and many called their loved ones saying that they were under attack and were afraid that this would be their last day alive. One gunman came into the library and a teacher tried to protect the other teachers in the room by leaping at the gunman. This gunman struck the teacher in the chest with a rifle, shot multiple rounds toward the ceiling, and then pointed the rifle in the teacher's face and said that if he moved again he would "blow his head off".

Now, it turns out that this was just an "act" of terrorism, because the gunmen were a combination of police officers and actors and the wounded and dying people in the halls were also actors. The bullets were blanks, and the grenades were blanks as well. ..... A janitor at the school drove himself to a local hospital because he was suffering from chest pains.

[Comment: The grenades?]

www.lehighvalleylive.com.../base/news-0/1220069114311200.xml&coll=3
...the gunman, wearing a long brown wig, sunglasses and dirty jeans and shirt, burst into the library, where about 50 teachers were participating in a workshop. ....the actor was not originally supposed to enter the library but only jiggle the door handles and fire blanks in the hallway. The door opened unexpectedly and the actor improvised to keep the drill moving.
Faculty did as trained .... teachers are taught not to retaliate in such situations.

[Comment: I guess the appropriate response is to hide under a table and wait to be shot.]

ps
In the weeks before the massacre at Columbine, that school had similar 'crisis training drills.' Maybe this one isn't over yet.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by starviego]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Really, I'd find it quite amusing.

Oversensitive teachers anyone? Too much caffiene?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
They are darn lucky they did not have any combat vets as teachers. If one of the teachers had jumped him there probably would have been hamberger left after everyone had finished.

I doubt anyone would have listened to an "I am the police" anymore than the police in St. Paul listened to "press, press'

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Personally, I would have headed straight for the fire axe.

Even after finding out it was a drill and the guy was firing blanks... I'd still have a grin on my face... knowing that I was capable of defending others, and that they'll never try THAT stunt again.

The police/actors knew what they were signing up for...

... so, if you get a chance to protect others during a shooting spree... don't hesitate to leave an axe in the shooters skull.

Let that be a warning to anyone thinking about pulling the stunt again.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This reminds me of the old "communist nuclear attack" drills back in the day, having schoolkids hide under their desks.

Really the point of those "drills" was not to put the "fear of commies" into the minds of the children... it was because desks are such excellent protection from nuclear weapons.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiote
This reminds me of the old "communist nuclear attack" drills back in the day, having schoolkids hide under their desks.

Really the point of those "drills" was not to put the "fear of commies" into the minds of the children... it was because desks are such excellent protection from nuclear weapons.

Hahahah... nicely put!

Reminds me of the parody song of duck and cover...
"Duck, and cover, and kiss your *** goodbye."

Fear mongering is an effective tool against the uninformed.
The problem is, the morons in the White House are too stupid to remember that most of the population is linked to each other through a wonderful new invention called the "Internet".

It's a fascinating tool. Once you watch something on the main stream news, you can link up with people from all across the globe, and discuss what a steaming pile of propaganda it was.

Luckily for us... the White House's understanding of the internet doesn't extend beyond "It's not a big truck... it's a series of tubes."

Oh well... let them fantasize that they're actually infecting us with the propaganda. I don't think they actually check as to whether it works, cause their tactics and style haven't changed to suit the times in the slightest.

Makes for great comedy.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Wow, the truth is nobody would be thinking of a school shooting 5 days a week while their teaching class, and the kids shouldn't have to life with that burden over their heads either... if this is what it goes down to to prepare for the school year... then maybe our kids shouldn't be in these kinds of schools... what happens happens, but by doing drills for terror is only gonna make the problem worse and take the minds of our kids off what they're supposed to be learning...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I had a thought...

Every time a door slams, is someone in the school going to think there is a shooting?

Everytime a car backfires is someone going to think there is a shooting?

[Place you own loud bang here.] is someone going to think there is a shooting?

Or we could of course go the otherway...a REAL gunman breaks into the school and proper precautions ar enot taken because people assume it is another drill... people who have a good chance to kill the man don't because they think nothing will happen..... Yeh great test,

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Idiotic.

Like others already said, this is just to scare the living crap out of people, make them believe the bs that "we're making you safer by taking away your rights."

Honestly, throughout the modern times, doing things like this was unheard of, at least without a beforehand notice.

It doesn't matter if it was fake, the REAL terror/fright was present.

All in the name of keeping you "safer"....

Peace,
FK

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It should be noted that Columbine HS had similar "crisis training drills" in the weeks before the massacre there, so maybe this one isn't over yet.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have the unfortunate disability of hitting bad guys over the head with blunt objects......glad I wasn't there for this one.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Grafilthy]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
For those who might be a little to media induced to realize it...

THIS IS TERRORISM.

That's right. What those law enforcement officers and "actors" did was an act of terrorism.They ARE the definition of terrorists.

Terrorism is "the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion."

Along with anyone who participated, devised the plan, or authorized it.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Google Video Link

This Alex Jones movie-section has footage of these schoolraids, starting at around 2 minutes into the clip.

Just to show this has been going on for longer then 'yesterday'

Someone remarked they would be too distracted to learn what they are supposed to learn.

I disagree.. the schooling system is so dysfunctional it can't be upheld they're there to increase knowledge.. but they're learning exactly what they're supposed to.. to be good little slaves..

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This was a blantant act of terrorism commited by the 'authorities'! A citizens arrest of the ones and department behind this should be taking place. If the Admiralty Maritime courts ignore the charge then form your own court de-joure and try these guys with your own people. File liens against these guys, sue them, just don't sit there and wait for things to change, crack a law dictionary. Get a 10 000 name petition to demand these people responsible are fired or the local gov't won't get re-elected.

Get off your butts, shut off the t.v. and the INTERNET!

This is only happenning cause good people do nothing.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Why couldent this have been done after hours with volunteers?

When they did the school shooting drill at my high school it was done AFTER school hours with students and teachers who volunteered (students got extra credit and teachers got overtime pay). I dident because I knew it was fake and that in real life the Police ESU (Emergency Services Unit - what we call our SWAT here in the NYC metro area) would not already be on site geared up and ready and that in reality half the school's 3,000 teachers and staff would be dead or wounded before the first ESU officers even got on scene.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I went to inner-city public school....

This would have been a really, really bad idea at my high school for numerous reasons. In all likelihood this guy would have gotten shot by a student.

I thought there were problems with kids bringing guns to school anyways.
Why would they want to scare kids in to carrying one for their own protection?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This is beyond effed up! To those saying that they were right in not informing the teachers - by not telling the teachers they made it not a "drill". A drill is a training exercise that is usually repeated to help the trainees learn. In this case, they would have been learning how to act in such a situation. Since they were not informed that they were in fact learning this it was not a drill - it was a test, or even an experiment. The rest of the article states how emotional the people involved were.

Teachers took cover under child-sized tables, crying and trembling. "People are crying. The girl next to me is trembling and shaking. You heard people crying. You heard other people praying. It was pretty dramatic," one teacher said. The school district put the drill in place to test staff readiness. The Phillipsburg School Board heard from angry teachers and parents Monday night. The board is reviewing the drill.

I can't imagine that if I were a victim of this experiment that I would take it lightly.

Side note: why would teachers at an Early Learning Center need to be prepared for school shootings? Since when do toddlers plan attacks on their school?

edit to add more: they aimed the guns at people?? do they not know that blanks are still dangerous? Blanks can kill someone, if fired close enough to the head, the heart, or another vital organ. And... Isn't it illegal to brandish a weapon/threaten someone with a weapon? I can't believe that the board did not know about this beforehand, and if they did, I can't believe that they allowed it.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by justxxme]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
"Isn't it illegal to brandish a weapon/threaten someone with a weapon?"

Good point. I wish the teachers would file a criminal complaint. BTW the principal of the school was aware of the 'drill.'

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Somehow I dont think they would have tried this s**t in the Texas school where teachers are allowed to bear guns in the classroom...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
What's next? Are they going to start a real fire to preform a fire drill?

This is outrageous. I really want to know who in the heck thought this was a good idea. Who cares if it turned out to be fake?

The people involved didn't know it was and I can't imagine what was going through their heads thinking they were literally going to DIE! I mean, they must've really thought they were going to die. And then someone says, Hahahahha.....it was just a drill, no worries an that is supposed to make it okay??

Yes, they should definitely sue the pants of the school. That was way out of line.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join