It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rudd warns of arms race

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

Besides your opinion, where is the BS?
Any informed person can see he is absolutely right, that defense spending, among ASEAN members, is going throw the roof; that many of those countries have aggressive, and expansionist intentions. Besides, the growing projection of power, by China, in the Malacca straits, and in Australia's "near abroad"...

So, who is the BS coming from? I'd say from you, my friend.

I bet you voted for him...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthWolfe CND

So, who is the BS coming from? I'd say from you, my friend.

I bet you voted for him...

Heh, trolling much?

So you want ot boost defence spending so we can protect ourselves. Who do you want to protect us from? China and India were mentioned in the article as being a flash point as was North Korea and South Korea still being at war. How much are you going to spend?

Tell us what you would spend to actually make a difference to the defence of this country and where we will get it from. And don't even think about spending anything less than 50 billion a year as that would be laughable in the extreme. Oh yes and to get our standing army up to 1 million (which is very small still and should be larger) please tell us what your conscription laws are going to be.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

I was implying Australia do it alone. I think your former Prime Minister left the AAF in good condition and, equipment wise, strong.

Australia is, and has always been, a strong Allie of the USA, and of the NATO countries, besides being a Commonwealth Member. As long as Australians keep that line they will be ok, no major increases in military spending, or number of soldiers, will be needed.

It was you who implied Australia do it all alone, by abandoning her allies, not me...
In a region full of enemies, and some resentments, Australia would be doom, if alone...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Originally posted by Nerva
This has to stop, and I hope to god that The country of australia stands up for their rights, freedoms, heritage, and well being. Before it gets liek the US. I know i will.

You're kidding, right?

Our population is as dumb, if not more so, than that of the USA.

Agreed. Our population is not much different than that of the USA. Most of us don't stand up for our rights at all.

Originally posted by Ironclad
Australia has had a Nukes for a good 20 years.

Wouldn't suprise me at all. The only reason they don't admit it is because they don't have to. There are a lot of places outback where you could build nuke silos where no one would ever find them. If you tell the public, then you would have to deal with protesters.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join