It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

location location location

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

You bring up a fundamental problem with relativity, one always has to be somewhere!
And it didn't bug me, I am flattered with ANY attention. It seems I don't have the luxury of choice.

Now, the expression "nightmare wedding for my brother and his NEW Ukrainian wife" gets flung around a lot these days. It is surprisingly commonplace. But I feel for you if you don't get along with her. What happened to the old one?

Why don't I move West?

I have found life to be just super the day I stopped asking "why" about just anything.
I might or I might not move West, I can't wait to find out if it ever comes to be.

edit: oh, and my lovely wife is scottish and doesn't want to be too far from family.

edit: my signature link explains some things. well not really, but it's worth checking out.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Ahhhgh! Now I can't sop thinking about sweets and coffee at 4am at Omonia.
What are you doing to me malaka?

edit: I meant that in an endearing way.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

You bring up a fundamental problem with relativity, one always has to be somewhere!
And it didn't bug me, I am flattered with ANY attention. It seems I don't have the luxury of choice.

Now, the expression "nightmare wedding for my brother and his NEW Ukrainian wife" gets flung around a lot these days. It is surprisingly commonplace. But I feel for you if you don't get along with her. What happened to the old one?

Why don't I move West?

I have found life to be just super the day I stopped asking "why" about just anything.
I might or I might not move West, I can't wait to find out if it ever comes to be.

edit: oh, and my lovely wife is scottish and doesn't want to be too far from family.

edit: my signature link explains some things. well not really, but it's worth checking out.

LMAO.
The OLD one. She had a baby with an American before she met my brother online. She was arrested for kidnapping because she wasn't supposed to leave the state. Left her Ukrainian born son with my brother. They got into it, and he moved out. She never came back. Even after the trial and all that my brother did for her. She wanted to be near her baby.

So after having more problems with online dating, he joined an agency.

I am usually happier if I don't ask why either... but yet I can't not come to ATS which is all about why.. why is that?

If you keep moving west, perhaps you will end up back in Scotland.....
She might not fall for it though.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
There you go Mr SchroDawg.i have updated my profile so that my (rough *ruff* ) location is on show. Don't want to go any further than that,as it makes me feel a little uncomfortable TBH. With the little titbits of infor that invariably slips out over time,one could possibly quite easily be traced back to where you are. (had a case on 1 site,where a member kept a malicious log of lots of posters,including what political activity they got up to,where they worked ect. This was on a politicly left board,acclaimed at one point to be an anarchist place (but it isn't)

anywhooo,I did it,just for you

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm proud of you Acid... Middle England... is that like Middle Earth in Lord of the Rings?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Hi sea, hi ya doin?
Did u have a chance to take a gander at the link in my signature?
It has two distinct qualities, it is short an kind.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Hi sea, hi ya doin?
Hi Sdog. I'm good today. I read the forward and the first page, but I was exhausted last night and I don't think it absorbed. I will have a go at it again. It is succinct. A little vague.. but I am sure if I am reading quietly (not that it is quiet around here much) I will be able to get it.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

Hi sea, hi ya doin?
Hi Sdog. I'm good today. I read the forward and the first page, but I was exhausted last night and I don't think it absorbed. I will have a go at it again. It is succinct. A little vague.. but I am sure if I am reading quietly (not that it is quiet around here much) I will be able to get it.

Ok then your spiritual transformation shall now start with the fundamentals.
Bottle of Gosslings Black Seal Rum and a six pack of ginger beer. MIx and enjoy a Dark and Stormy. You will need it as you start reading here.

Go on give it a couple of paragraphs and tell me what you think.
Remember, I got many many friends in Brighton Beach, the could solve the "NEW" problem in a Kiev minute.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I thought the body was a temple and separate from the mind... Like a soldier takes care of his horse.... Rum? yum! I'll give it a go.....

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I thought the body was a temple and separate from the mind... Like a soldier takes care of his horse.... Rum? yum! I'll give it a go.....

Ah, words and concepts, I see you traveling much lighter in your near future.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Let’s remember why we’re here at retreat: for this amazing opportunity to really look into the core of our own existence, the core of life itself that is so easy to overlook. It’s so easy not to pay attention to it, because it’s not noisy and it’s not clamoring for attention like all the other aspects of the human mind. Egoic consciousness is always pretending to be the most important thing that is happening. And yet there’s this thread, this sense of something other than, deeper than, more real than, more essential than this scattered and divided noise that so many human beings live in, in their minds. And right in the midst of all that, there is a presence, there is an awareness, an unconditioned awareness, an unconditioned consciousness. Right in the middle of this conditioned mind, conditioned consciousness, is this shining, unconditioned essence. Essence doesn’t mean a little part hidden somewhere in us, the little teeny kernel of essence. Essence means the totality, the whole thing. Essence means the truth of you as opposed to the untruth of you.
I think this is why my mom hermits... and why I am starting to. I can't hear myself anymore... it's too loud and obnoxious out there. I don't watch much tv anymore... But on ATS I can sit quietly and bounce my SELF off the world by reading and looking at threads that my SELF draws me too. And from that has led to some meaningful conversations, laughter, and synchronicity....
I am confused about the truth of me.. it is hard to find in the murk and mess... But if the mind cannot see the totality, then I am always limited by it in order to experience my truth my SELF in it's TOTALITY.... Ok that just came out of my fingers..

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

That is what is called the "spark of awareness"
That was quick!
Well, there's no turning back now, nothing will ever be the same, in fact nothing will be nothing.
Anyway, go slow, make sure you're not searching, life is on every moment, it is always a shame to miss that cause you're busy searching. Makes sense?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
yes, that is the... do without doing.. be present. listen with the heart. etc. I have TRIED many times. The key they say is to always point downstream, the easiest path, the right path. The truth should be easy to spot.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

yes, that is the... do without doing.. be present. listen with the heart. etc. I have TRIED many times. The key they say is to always point downstream, the easiest path, the right path. The truth should be easy to spot.

Oh man that was close, I posted with thirty seconds to go. I really don't need this.
Let me grab a dark and stormy and I'm chilling bts style tonight.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Now there's an interesting idea.
Weekly bts "satsangs" with skype or something.
Very interesting indeed.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

You know? What you said here...

Remember, I got many many friends in Brighton Beach, the could solve the "NEW" problem in a Kiev minute.

After the nightmare wedding we just had here this weekend, and the Ukrainian "How do you say... " witch I have inherited, I just might take you up on that offer....

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Did you ever start a thread on your signature? Might make a great discussion piece by peace...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

There are no merit points for the people who drove themselves the craziest along the way to self-realization. For most people it’s so obscure that it seems very intuitive to grasp and to struggle instead of relaxing, not grasping, letting something come to you, letting the truth of your being reveal itself to you on its terms, in its way, letting it happen.
this is "soul surfing". Riding the wave. Following your bliss. Allowing.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Did you ever start a thread on your signature? Might make a great discussion piece by peace...

No, but you should it if you are so moved. I would surely participate.
I'm very hesitant in general to start for lack of a better word "spiritual" threads and topics.
As well as this conversation is breathing between us here, if it were sought as such, it couldn't be. Plus I find that most people don't react well to truth unless they go through a process. So I'm very very careful. My answer when people ask me the "big" questions is always: "Yes with an If , No with a But" Their confusion is more helpful to them than any answer I in any case don't have.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I'm proud of you Acid... Middle England... is that like Middle Earth in Lord of the Rings?
very,very much so
There's a few less elves and talking trees,but I'm sure you get the jist.

ear,Schrodinger,sir,could you kindly tell me the name of the fillum from your avatar? A mate and i were racking our brains trying to remember it the other night. I thought it was Powder,he disagreed.

taa muchly

<< 1    3 >>

join