It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

location location location

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Everyone seems a little edgy today so I thought this would be a good time to ask my fellow members to consider the following request.

I think it would be nice to see more people "disclosing" their actual location below their avatar.

I am aware that ATS is a conspiracy site but you wouldn't be revealing anything major.
Just your city or region or country.

It's nice knowing what part of the world people are from when you're talking with them. It makes the whole thing a little more personal, and a little less distant and disconnected.

Most members sooner or later say where they're from in their posts anyway.
And there's plenty of space in the signature to be clever or funny so we don't have to do that in the location box.

That's all. No biggie, just a suggestion.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Actually. I am a bit confused. You said you and your girlfried lived near Manhattan. Smelled the smells of 911 but you list your 20 as DC. Could you please explain?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

If you read the OP or one of the subsequent posts, it says that we moved to DC three years ago.

That is a horrible thing to accuse someone of.
You should have asked me via u2u.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Calm down SD. I very politely asked you why the apparent discrepany. No need to get huffy. I apologise if you took it any other way. j

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well, clearly that didn't work SD.... back to the drawing board methinks

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

You can say that again.
What the heck is wrong with everyone today?
I start a seemingly harmless thread, and the first response is one of my "friends" accusing me of lying about one of just about the most serious and difficult things anyone could ever express.

Forget it, keep your location secret.

Unreal.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by blupblup

You can say that again.
What the heck is wrong with everyone today?

Unreal.

I have to say i haven't noticed anything different today, usually folks are argumentative....just don't let it get to you man.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

The high road misses you, dude.

I have had my location listed for most of my time here on ATS. It's a bit cryptic, requiring a bit of work on the part of the investigator, thereby eliminating the lazies from finding out too much about me. Not that they'd do much if they did find out where I live.

And of course, BB knows all. In answer to this thread of your making, yes.

A dear friend, neighbor, and [ooh!] MD told me recently that friends of his with the NSA can track anything about us they want to, unless we speak Navajo, perhaps.

I've avoided him since.

And purchased a used DVD of 'Windtalkers'.

Wait a sec...if BB [aka Big Brother, kids] can keep up with us on ATS...then they can probably follow our comings and buyings and goings on Amazon too..

Crap.

This message will be added to my file in 5, 4, 3...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing Sdog. I want people to say where they are from too. I find it exciting when I know someone is close or far. I like knowing I am talking to someone in the UK or Ireland or where ever... It's fun to know that.

And in defense of my friend jpm, I think he just didn't read all the posts and was confused. He is a sweetheart me thinks.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

Yikes, that was one of the first treads I ever started here.
I was in a different place then. :w:
What do I care if BB is watching. I live less than a mile from Cheney's house. I'm sure he can hear me burping as I type.

And, I spit when I talk and I fart when I spit!
What's he gonna do about it?

[edit on 9/9/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Oregon hey?
I got a funny story that happened to me in Astoria.
Well, it is not as funny as it is long but... let's just say I almost got jumped by a meth-head cab driver having earlier been set up by his bartender ex-wife. And yes it was Oregon not Queens.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Invite you on a hunting trip?

[channeling Bill Maher]

I kid the vice-president!

touché

[edit on 9.9.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

About that high road. The thread that jpm was talking about is this one:www.abovetopsecret.com...
And it has taken a lot out of me emotionally to start it and keep it going, I'm sure you can understand that. A simple u2u would have avoided my knee jerk reaction and cleared up any confusion. Especially from a "friend".

People move, it's not that uncommon.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Oregon hey?
I got a funny story that happened to me in Astoria.
Well, it is not as funny as it is long but... let's just say I almost got jumped by a meth-head cab driver having earlier been set up by his bartender ex-wife. And yes it was Oregon not Queens.
OMG, now everyone is going to know we are are all con artist meth heads here.... Dang. Our tourism just plummeted.
Astoria? what the heck were you doing in that wind tunnel? Actually I stayed at a really great dive motel there a couple of years ago. They allowed dogs. It was the only place open...
Not my favorite place as I am not a fish food lover. And sea bugs are just gross to me. Maybe it has to do with me being a Cancer, but i think it has a lot more to do with the smell.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I wondered how much confusion it could cause re: your location. 2001 was quite awhile ago.

Started into the reference thread. Gives me pause.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Sometimes when I'm not right I get in the car and drive. I tell my wife I don't know when I'll be back. Sometimes it's for a few hours sometimes it's for a couple of weeks. I just get in and drive west. I've ended up in Seattle, Santa Barbara, Four Corners, Boise. I must have driven cross country at least eleven times. It's like meditation to me, my eyes focus lightly on the white lines on the road, my mind just fades away into nothing. Every once in a while I'll pop in a little Eckhart or Adyashanti cd just cause they have soothing voices. When I'm done, I drive back. That's now a more alert and awake drive, I feel energized. It works for me. I meet interesting people. ATS/BTS is kinda the same thing.

Edit: I looooove Oregon by the way.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Sometimes when I'm not right I get in the car and drive. I tell my wife I don't know when I'll be back. Sometimes it's for a few hours sometimes it's for a couple of weeks. I just get in and drive west. I've ended up in Seattle, Santa Barbara, Four Corners, Boise. I must have driven cross country at least eleven times. It's like meditation to me, my eyes focus lightly on the white lines on the road, my mind just fades away into nothing. Every once in a while I'll pop in a little Eckhart or Adyashanti cd just cause they have soothing voices. When I'm done, I drive back. That's now a more alert and awake drive, I feel energized. It works for me. I meet interesting people. ATS/BTS is kinda the same thing.

Edit: I looooove Oregon by the way.

You must have been an Aborigine in a past life. It sounds like a walkabout on songlines. I believe you, because I do that too, but not as far. I have a small child. It sounds like a good way to connect to self to me. I love Nora Jones and Diana Krall.
How could anyone not like Oregon.. I mean come on!! It's beautiful here and we have all kinds of geography and geology to explore. Come back soon!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Having lived both places (though not in Astoria in either) I have to say, that sounded more like Queens than Oregon.

Oregon was beautiful. I went to college in Portland, which meant loading up a car with camping gear and supplies every break and heading someplace fabulous -- the coast, Mt. Hood, the Columbia Gorge, Crater Lake, even down to San Francisco one spring.

But Queens has its own unique charm

And I agree on the real-location-disclosure. I love seeing where people are from

[edit on 9/10/08 by americandingbat]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
I believe you...

Well I'm happy about that. I can't take much more disbelief today.
However, being that ATS is all about questioning/denying/disclosing, I am happy to indulge a brief interrogation. So if anyone has any interest fire away.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
I believe you...

Well I'm happy about that. I can't take much more disbelief today.
However, being that ATS is all about questioning/denying/disclosing, I am happy to indulge a brief interrogation. So if anyone has any interest fire away.
For some reason I knew that would bug you. But I do believe that it works. I think I want to BE you. actually. I would like to just take off right about now. I just helped throw together a nightmare wedding for my brother and his new Ukrainian wife. I haven't recovered yet.
I will interrogate you... WHY DON'T YOU MOVE WEST?
I think you should if you always head that way. Or would you head east if you lived west, and why don't you ever go South or North?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join