It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human-pig hybrid embryos given go ahead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Human-pig hybrid embryos given go ahead

www.telegraph.co.uk

A licence to create human-pig embryos to study heart disease has been issued by the fertility watchdog.

This marks the third animal-human hybrid embryo licence to be issued by Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority and the first since the Commons voted in favour of this controversial research last month.

An HFEA spokesman said it had approved an application from the Clinical Sciences Research Institute, University of Warwick, for the creation of hybrid embryos. The centre has been offered a 12 month licence with effect from today, July 1.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Wow, we really are going to the island of Dr. Moreau. We are inching ever closer to the human clone legally. I am sure there is a illegally made clone somewhere out there with all the cloning research out there.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Cool stuff. I hope we continue to push more and more of this, and continue to obtain more knowledge about how to fight diseases, and many, many other ailments/problems.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I am waiting for man/bear/pig!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
lol that was funny

but this is sickening to me. This is just the beginning too.

we all know how animals are treated this day and age. Im no PETA member, but you have to admit there is a sickening amount of ''unethical'' borderline sadistic treatment of poor, defenseless beings.

This is like one big can of worms, in a warehouse chock full of them.

The thoughts of the military being connected with different types of hybrids could be a scary thought. And robotics being involved as well?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by iiinvision

I'm curious now as to your opinion on abortion.

I find this human-pig nonsense to be nothing short of an affront to God. Scientists are playing God and it is disgusting. No wonder it behooved science to define a human life as only being valid after a to-term birth... it opened the door for them to conduct their experiments without running afoul of murder laws. After all, there's no reason for the law to define whether or not a human-animal hybrid is actually a human being if they're killed and tested while still embryonic. Hell, our twisted laws permit a full human embryo's life to be terminated at will during that period, so why would a part human death fall outside the legal boundaries?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Where is God?

Did he send you a letter, telling you he was affronted?

Are you the bearer of his affrontedness here on Earth?

Then come off it already.

Nobody here knows the mind of God, and if they claim to they're barking stark raving bananas.

Is it the mystical, lesser-known 17th commandment?

"Thou Shalt Not exploit science to fight disease and create organs"

Thump that musty old bunch of pages a little harder, I think I heard it cry mercy.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
It kind of gives that hoilday ham a whole new flavor !

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
As far as I understand it's impossible for these embryos to fully develop into half man/half pig creatures.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Cthulwho

It really all depends on how the Scientists working on the project structure the Genome. Obviously they're going to reorder RNA and other Scientific Hoodoo, but I'm sure it would cost far more money than they want to spend to fully hybridize man and pig. And the benefit would be what, exactly, to making such a creature, anyway?

No, more likely what they're going to do is look into SPECIFIC things in both samples in order to determine what desirable traits are portable, and what diseases each has inherent resistance to. Wouldn't it be hilarious if the only good thing that came out of this research is the ability to have multiple pairs of boobies? now that's the kind of science I'm into. But, I kid.

On a side note; pigs are one of the most intelligent land animals other than primates, and it is widely believed in the scientific community that there is alot we can learn from pigs. Their resistance to bacteria is, it's my guess, the primary focus of the study.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

A beating heart to these monsters does not equal a living being and we
are letting them create a chimera?? Have we no limits to our ignorance

THESE men are being allowed to play God! Who gave them that right?!
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction....

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Who is allowing these people to create a chimera?
They see a beating heart and say its not alive!

So obviously they have no clue what will come from it...
For every action there is an equal and OPPOSITE reaction.
Obviously these Gods cannot be stopped, so their children,
the mutations, will create an unknown burden to them...
hopefully only they will be eaten alive by the abominations.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
DAMN MANBEARPIGS! They don't realize their errors until the dreaded ManBearPig is unleashed upon us. Al Gore knows whats up but nobody listens to him. Whats next ManBearSharkLamprey?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This project has to be killed now!!!

I think we already have too many Human-Pigs...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Forgive the one line post, but I couldn't help but think of the clip from Seinfeld in which Kramer finds a pigman at the hospital and is convinced it is a government experiment.

new topics

top topics

join