It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascination with Columbia and Challenger disasters.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'm wondering if any of you are like me, I find these subjects fascinating. Not from a morbid point of view, but I just can't get enough information about these two disasters. Anyone else feel the same way?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I could also. I was looking for an appropriate thread for these comments about them, and not forgetting the Apollo1 simulator disaster. It looks like this thread is.
What those 3 disasters had in common, is that they occurred at around the same time of the year - late January/ early February. Also, they were vehicles of the air element - destroyed by the fire element.
Now, those 3 disasters correspond to Astrology - zodiac signs. They occurred when the sun was in Aquarius - the fixed air sign. Signs are balanced by their opposite, or polar, signs. This one being Leo - the fixed fire sign. So, there were the vehicles fixed in the air element, with the fixed fire element coming through. The ruler of Aquarius is also Uranus - with the unexpected lightning bolts. So, can imagine those igniting the fires. When the sun is in Leo (late July/ early August (time of writing)), there's mention of the 'Curse of Leo'. It's said to be a time when quite a few famous people pass away. (A good example being Elvis Presley.) So, can imagine that also coming through, in those 3 disasters.
I'd say that NASA (and Russians) must not do anything with the space program during those 2 times of the year (especially Aquarius time) - too risky.
People may scoff at Astrology, but it has already resulted in the deaths of 17 Astronauts.
(Someone was saying that NASA doesn't - like with the Gemini program.)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Not really. I was there for Challenger and helped recover some of the first pieces of the wreckage. Not a good day. That being said, if they decided to do one more launch and I had a chance to go, I'd do it in a hearbeat.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
I'm wondering if any of you are like me, I find these subjects fascinating. Not from a morbid point of view, but I just can't get enough information about these two disasters. Anyone else feel the same way?

Ever wonder why the Columbia was the only ALL WHITE shuttle?

Seek the Goddess Columbia and you will have your answers as to why the Challenger to Columbia failed and was consumed by flames.

Reality is stranger than fiction.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
That being said, if they decided to do one more launch and I had a chance to go, I'd do it in a hearbeat.

I also would like to have gone up in the Space Shuttle. (Not in late January/early February though.)
edit on 8-8-2011 by Aquarius1011 because: Better reference.

new topics

top topics

join