It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have we moved on from earth???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sendran

just wanted to hear peoples opinions on whether we could have stations on local planets, for mining or science. and whether they would cover it up,(off the books testing)etc.

i know its very unlikely we would be that far technology wise, but we didn't know about the stealth bomber for a while,
i would like to think we would be told, but i can understand why they wouldn't disclose it too.

it would be cool though if we did.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Mans right to new technology will always be hidden until the government has had enough and got something better. The stealth bomber was there if you go to the MOD site they will imform you of any new fighter jets that we have.

The only thing is they dont tell you how things work, but do make oyu aware of these jets, so your stealth bomber is a bad example.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mach Shadows

EXACTLY. very insightful and accurate. btw I see you are newer here, welcome to ATS

To the question of the OP.. it is impossible to say but I seriously doubt it.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Thank you for the welcome NephraTari.

There is no way that we could have a base on another planet, i dont think we could do it. We have the technology to mine, but its the fact of safety for the workers doing it on another planet.

We would be limited to working times, as you will only be able to store so much oxygen in a tank.

We don't have the technology to cultivate the planet in order to make the air breathable.

So in a nutshell, we wouldnt try to mine on other planets, not for a long time.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by Mach Shadows]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join