It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have we moved on from earth???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
i have been looking around on ATS and the web,
all the time i see posts of videos going missing from satellites, moon tapes disappearing and alien tapes popping up all over the place.

my question is have we left here (earth) is there some dome on the moon, a outpost on another planet and would we really know if there was??

they lie and don't disclose projects (area 51) so why would they tell us.

i have no proof its just a thought.
but with them always saying there is no life out there i cant help but think how do they know,.. we haven't been to the far reaches of space yet.. or have they??

anyone have any views or ideas on this???

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Raven Darkflight]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well we already have an international space station, so what would be the point of this unless we where going into further reaches of space.

The only problem in traveling to different planets is when we land, how do we get back?

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Mach Shadows]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
i was referring to other planets not our own orbit,

i mean the moon, mars, etc. and even further!

would we know if there was an international station on mars? they could hide it very well after all they do control the media.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Raven Darkflight

I was on a post the other day, cant think what one it was though sorry. We where talking about life on other planets. The biggest part of the population couldnt handle other lifeforms. This would destroy alot of religions and faith.

I would like there to be more out there, personally i would say there is aliens. The "Alien" story had to start from something just like everything else.

It would make sense to hide evidence of it from the public, so not to start panic and war.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
as far as i am informed officals keep telling us that it is technical not yet possible to fly to other planets beyond the system of our sun, and that it is also very complicated to allow people to survive on other planets.
but i am also pretty sure that they won.t tell it to ordinary people if they would have gained the possibilities

when i first read the title of the thread i got the imagination of being on a big space ship and still beliving i am on earth
maybe this is also true?

life is a big illusion as it is told in matrix!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
we are already at a time of war and panic, maybe the news of other life would unite the planet,....
or maybe countries would try and conquer them unfortunately the latter seems more probable
the church would die but its on its way out already.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

maybe we are in a matrix
i wouldn't rule it out.
we only know what we are told by the gov, they told us they landed on the moon but there are hundreds of videos that contradict this,..
will we ever know the truth?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raven Darkflight
i have been looking around on ATS and the web,
all the time i see posts of videos going missing from satellites, moon tapes disappearing and alien tapes popping up all over the place

Where and what tapes?

If you're angling at have we gone to other planets already and we are not being told, I'd say no, we're not there yet.

Just my tuppence.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Your right they wouldnt tell the little guy if we could leave this planet. Humans couldnt survive on other planets though. There is to much here that help us survive. Moving someone into a completely different environment would kill them.

Gravity, oxygen, water, sun to name only a few things vital to mans exsistence. Without these we couldnt live.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
how do you wanna figure out what the truth is?
you can only make up your own mind!
decide by your knowledge and don.t be afraid to walk a way which is unpopular

the truth is inside yourself

i am not very sure if mankind would be united if we would figure out that there is life beyond planet earth
people always fear that conact with extra terrestrials would be hostile - maybe because mankind reacts that way?
so people will be afraid of the unknown and politicians will abuse it as usual
i am so fed up with the goverments of the world

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
People can only decide what to believe, although the governments will try to dictate what you should believe.

We all no that they cover up alot of things in the world. From Roswell to 9/11. It is an everyday busisness for them to hide the simple truths from the public.

Im a big fan of life out there. I would like to be able to travel outside of Earth but i no that this will never happen. As far as im aware we don't have the technology to do it, but that what the little guy always gets told.

We can send probes out to space but we wouldnt get the full truth out of the Government if they found life.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
i agree i do think if we found life out there we would kill it and dissect it,
doesn't really give the right impression.
got a feeling it will turn out like the day the earth stood still (1951).
why do people think that alien lifeforms would be hostile?
why travel so far just to attack.
we are a dangerous species, i hope we change before we destroy ourselves,

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mach Shadows

yeah they would rather keep any tech for themselves. just like rosewell.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raven Darkflight
got a feeling it will turn out like the day the earth stood still (1951).

Klaatu came to kill us all if we did not accept his message. Pretty hostile.

why do people think that alien lifeforms would be hostile?
why travel so far just to attack.

Why not? I don't believe they'd come to kill us, but it's an theory that makes sense. We hardly know of any other planets like Earth, the planet itself could be incredibly rare and valuable in space. Other races could have discovered us and the planet Earth would then be under scrutiny to determine whether or not it is being maintained properly by it's current owners, us, or whether it should be allocated or auctioned to another, more suitable tennant. We would have to be "evicted".

Life bearing planets could even be auctioned off should the intergalactic council turn out to be capitalists.

But I doubt the whole extermination thing. We'll see.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
my reply to button doens.t work - again

@Mach Shadows

just saw a tv show yesterday on "facts" of 9/11 and the exploding of wtc 7
sure the mod of the show claimed the they got the real truth and that anything oneself thought is just conspiracy
but it is again an offical descicion about the truth

i usually tend to say that they poke fun on us while we are standing right next to them

and if it is this way with 9/11 why should it be different with aliens and that stuff

@Raven Darkflight

i guess that people think that aliens will be hostile because they are hostile by themselve
they imply from their own thoughts and motivations
they don.t even get the idea that aliens could be different

you are right why should they overtake the effort traveling that far just to shoot us
no way

the conspiracy starts very early in school
and being treated and educated like 90% of our kids they belive in what uncle sam and auntie angie (and name the others) want them to belive!

guess i have to move again to the mini-rant-thread

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
We wouldnt kill unless attcked, well that is if we follow the rules of engagment. Why kill something that you could learn from.

They cant be all the different from us, there will be difference thats for sure. Although they should still have the same structure. Head, body, arms, legs. Its possible that we would try to kidnap one to see the internal workings i.e heart lungs etc. See how different they are internally to us.

I would like to think that they would try to learn from them. share technology and knowledge. We could learn alot more from them.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The goverenments will always try to hide facts from us. They blew up the trade centres in order to get the public behind them in a war. So they would do what they could if they wanted something to go their way against aliens

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
i love the idea that they wil be friendly
from my experience i would trust aliens more than my own species.

sure mankind has learnt through the centuries and most times encounters are friendly.
but it starts with neighbors who behave strange in the opinion of whom ever, and then the gossip goes around which is in my opinion also a hostile act
when it comes to nations mr and mrs ordinary won.t be asked anymore
look what happend recently in georgia! or remember iraq!
they even used 9/11 to proof that they had to attack iraq!
could it be more hostile?
for what? to gain controll over the oil?

i hope that we will have in common the human curiosity
eager to learn from each other

i guess any theory about aliens could be true
they could be hostile extrapolite from human behavior towards the centuries
but they could also be friendly coz they might have learnt what mankind still has to learn

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
at this point of mans technological ability, i dont beleive it is possible to build such craft as to leave the solar system in order to colonise far off planets and systems, and the same goes for sustainable bases on the moon or mars.

Also to comment on whether or not any alien beings would be hostile or friendly is irrelevent, if they where to be allies the likelyhood is that they would be of a society so far more advanced to our own that they would not entrust us with a technology that we could use for destrusction on ourselves or against them. After all we are a warmongering race. And if they where to be hostile we have no means of a viable defense against any advanced alien aggresor.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Raven, do you believe the images that get posted here and that are available elsewhere on the web are real images of artificial objects on Mars or the Moon?

Also, do you believe that the Moon landings were faked?

Regarding cover ups: The powers that be definitely cover up various programs and projects that they are running, and I don't think that it always a bad thing. Sometimes it is best we don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

These matters, alien life, interplanetary travel etc, are top level stuff. They wouldn't allow anything out that could possibly reveal any hint of alien life, or vast technological advancement. It is far too important. So if there's a cover up, all of the images/evidence are not real, or, there is no cover up and some are.

Or there is a cover up and they're just useless at security, and probably employ Group 4. (UK joke)

My opinion? There is a cover up, they are not useless at security, and the images of objects, structures and ships on Mars and the Moon are not real, but that's just me.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Sendran]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join