It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Disturbing Lucid Dreams - Prophecy or Delusion?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
about the 27. 23 does the same thing. Here in america there was a movie The Number 23, quite a good thriller. Anyway, here is the 23 stuff. o yea, 9/11/2001. 9+11+2+0+0+1=23
the earth spins on an axis of 23 degrees. Some counter by saying "its really 23.5" but 5 is just 2+3. See the movie is you get a chance.
copy past into your browser window
en.wikipedia.org...(number)
no wait wont work. just do a search for 23
[edit on 9-9-2008 by sobek52]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sobek52

Hi Sobek, I did see the movie quite a while back and it was interesting. I did some research on the number 27 and discovered some fascinating facts that I did not know before.

I am very afraid of being influenced by something I read or watch (for example someone mentioned YouTube videos which might have a subliminal influence on thought patterns).

Having studied psychology years ago, I know how the brain can sometimes create incredible stories based on some worry or stress or book read, movie watched etc.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Let me ask you something here... Are you a religious person? Do you feel that the dream was somehow related to God, supernatural or science. You are the best judge of your own dreams.. But these vivid dream usually lead to a single path.. And that is... a signal to evaluate your core beliefs, signals which prompt you as a human to answers to certain questions, etc. Sometimes these dreams are a reflection of some deep rooted paranoia or fear.

I posted this in another thread, but check out the Dream Dictionary which is sometime helpful in determining hidden meanings to key subject matter.

Could this vision of the Canon firing thing have something to do with the fear or threat of war, or doom? In a religious context, could the canon be a symbol representing the canonization of biblical text? Of course this is wildly speculative on my part, but my thought is.. dreams do have some meaning. Figuring out what the meaning is, is a bit tricky.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
lets start with 27. And use some numerological experimentation.

2+7=9
2 7s =77
2*7=14 1+4=5

Do any of those numbers hold relevance?

i have had dreams where i experience a nuke going off or cities burning. But live through the flames. That indicates the dream is prophetic to me. Maybe not about destruction but metaphore.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

Thanks for the response. No, I am not a religious person by any means except a belief in good and evil (which exists in all of us) - I prefer to think of myself as a very rational and logical person. I dislike the esoteric, astrology and all the mumbo jumbo that accompanies these schools of belief.

I have always dismissed with contempt the threads that start with "I had a dream last night...". That is, until it happened to me.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mastermind77

I am afraid those number have no significance to me at all. In fact I don't believe in numerology at all either (I am real skeptic which is why my own experience has really knocked my world upside down).

I agree, that my experience was totally metaphorical with the beasts I saw being related to weapons or other military equipment (ships, tanks, guns).

Who knows what the rest refers to (although I have a very good suspicion based on my own interpretation)?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mastermind77

Er.. I get the nuke/mushroom cloud dream as well. Being a child of the atomic bomb age, I think it has something to do with the government propaganda of the time when I was a child. Getting under your desks, hiding in bomb shelters, and instilling fear into the public. While I am sure the government has its reasons for scaring people to drill for destruction, it was not healthy thing for my generation.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

I think that the nuke paranoia was more of an American experience (Cold War) than my own childhood. When I was growing up we faced the constant threat of terrorist attack. In Zimbabwe our village were attacked twice before I was even 7 years old (our house got damaged by shrapnel and bullets) and in South Africa in the 80's we had a constant fear of bombs. In one case I missed a limpet mine attack by about 30 minutes - it killed some of my co-workers of a shop where I worked after school.

I have noticed some definite parallels between what I saw and Timewave Zero, which I knew nothing about previous to my experience. I was previously only on this site to learn more about ufo's and aliens

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Acts 2:17 (King James Version) And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Some say that this has already started.

But, as Freud put it, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thats pretty weird I had a lucid dream and I was looking for something and found it and it was a bag of luggage with the number 627, funny thing was I thought I was awake the whole time I just got to it and was back on the couch watching tv, So i was freaked out you could only imagine, BTW lotto numbers for the Pick three that night was 607 so I mighta won something. if i played.... but i had a 627 similar.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
reply to post by Karlhungis

Hi - what was unusual is that these are lucid dreams - I was aware of my surroundings at all times.

I also tried to influence the images as I can with normal day dreams or dreams but this was not possible.

Ok here we go... First im new here so I'm still amazed at this place. Now I have played with lucid dreaming also with some degree of success. I just had a really off dream also!! As I said I have had these "Off" dreams, but nothing like this, and you seem to explain what just happened to me
. The flashing of people’s photo's (people I don't know!) began flipping in my head as if I were searching some kind of national photo database. Then I wake up for a few seconds and recognize that I was dreaming then I slide back into the dream aware of the dream! This dream tonight was so abnormal for me that it is hard for me to explain. So real!!!! Colors, textures, and even pain! Worst of all when I saw a person whose photo flashed in front of me before I automatically recognized them as close friends and family or just people I felt a connection with? That my heart would hurt if something happened to them type of connection... The problem is that I was still aware that the memories of these people were not real (out side the dream). Things began to happen of the like of which I have never seen. Not even in the most amazing end of the world type of movie! As I slept I could feel my real physical heart pounding as these people and I fight to stay alive and not be killed by these seemingly intelligent natural disasters, and seemingly powerful and malevolent forces (being is a better word) ! I didn’t have that normal “oh this isn’t real” feeling, but rather the type of feeling the bible tells we will get upon final judgment! Now don’t go off on me yet, because it didn’t feel like we were afraid of God in the dream, but of these events and beings that seemed to abruptly tear into our reality. Imagine driving in your city with friends (which was the case) and suddenly everything you know is different as if a demon dimension and your world were now one. That terrifying feeling of experiencing something that you know you shouldn’t be, but are and knowing your dreaming it yet still believing your life is in danger is… (insert word because I don’t have it)!!! Finally I reached a point in the dream were I was out of body, and I didn't look like me but someone else, and I saw "myself" outwardly confronting these things and there reality as impossible! Then I woke up... I still feel connected, and afraid as if these thing were about to happen. Even now I still feel a connection to the people that were in the "dream"! Only three hours passed as I slept and it felt like days. I don't claim to be anything more than I am, but suffice it to say that I have a distinct feeling that what I was dreaming is coming... I have read others posts about what they claim happened to them with an open mind and a bit of skepticism. Well now it seems that I have crossed that threshold myself. It is a truly lonely feeling! What happens now? Should I commit myself now to get a head start?
I hope someone could shed some light on this for me. If so then I ask you to contact me (email or comment) because I believe that I saw and felt impossible things in a way that defies reality, and mourned as if it were real. I do believe now that I am thoroughly changed, and effected!

Dear OP sorry for hijacking your thread If I need to do my own post please someone instruct me on how to do it… Thanks for listening!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by No one will believe me

Thanks for the post, and no I dont feel you are hijacking the thread but contributing to a subject which I now find horribly fascinating.

Funny you mentioned the lotto - the day after I told my dad my experiences, he phones me and tells me I should really play the lotto the following saturday as it is going to 20 mill and the date was the 27th! I don't like gambling so of I did not buy a ticket. I did pick numbers in my head but I don't want to check to see how close I was.

I am now looking more at "proofs" for what I saw, and have been followng a few leads like the carrier Roosevelt which actually docked in Cape Town last week on its way to the Persian Gulf.
I also found a post where a group of people saw a perfect rectangle of rain falling (a most unusual occurrence) www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Acts 2:17 (King James Version) And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Delta - I understand perfectly what you are describing. I had those types of visual flashes for years but like Karl stated mine too stopped and try as I might I cannot get them back. I used to call it "tapping in" and I was able to actually verify one night what I was seeing was real as I saw my roommate standing on a certain corner eating a ice cream cone with two other guys. The next morning I told her of this and she asked what time did I see this and I told her I laid down about midnight. She freaked and told me that was exactly what she was doing. I even saw she was eating a swirl cone.
Now - this is important to note...I was NOT asleep not even in a lucid state. I was as you described just and I mean just closed my eyes. In fact those images would put me to sleep because I would pretend I was watching a slide show of things and people I usually didn't know and then drift off.
Mine however were never prophetic in nature just seemingly things that were happening at that moment. I saw a cat get hit by a car (I know that's not fun) and a German woman serving a meal to her family. I could still describe her and what the kitchen looked like including she was serving what looked like mashed potatoes. I only knew she was German because I heard her talking to her kids and knew it was in German.

Again just random stuff but I know what you are describing. Your however seems to be more important. It's natural and you should let it flow.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

That is an interesting quote (uhm what do you call it when you quote from the bible) .. oh wait - a verse? I am not religious, and don't think the bible is any more relevant than a a Hollywood production of America's involvement in winning the 2nd World War. In other words the Bible is not an accurate representation of what happened. It exaggerates just a tad.

Note, however, that I am also not denying the existence of God.

If He does, then He would surely not give a non-believer the ability of fore-sight (unless it's a curse :lol

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DDay

DDay, this is so frustrating because after being plagued for over 3 weeks and ending with exactly what you described (the slideshow), I have not been troubled once with any further similar experience.

I have the feeling this was a once-off deal Vision Sale, never to be repeated again and handed to me at rock-bottom end-of-range prices.

It really did mess with my mind for a while though, and although I almost want to experience it again, for the sake of my own sanity I am glad it has not happened again.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I understand it creeped you out. It did me too because not all of "images" were happy and platonic in fact some of them down right disturbed me and it was then I began to question if this is in fact really what is happening or going to happen then what am I to do with it?

I never did get an answer...

In your case as it is not currently happening, the just take solice in the fact that there are others like yourself who understand what you describe and should you get the slideshow back then let us here know. At least in like company someone could help identify that which you have seen.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DDay

The responses I have had here have been so positive and informative. I had no idea so many other people were experiencing their own sleep/dream/day-dream anomalies.

Most of my actual dreams are of an apocalyptic nature - where civilization as we know it has been destroyed, and isolated pockets of humans are trying to survive, but gradually dying out. I have the notion of an alternate universe where my other "self's" life sometimes overlaps with mine in my dream state. Real or not, it would make for a great sci-fi book if I was a talented writer

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Some times world leaders or authority figures come to me in dreams and tell me things. For some time it was "Death" or the "Grim Reaper" that would come to tell me how many people he was going to take with him.

His appearance was usually a skeleton in a robe. I never saw his face but often saw his hands which were just bones. For some reason I was never afraid of him. I respected him but was not afraid. I sensed that he was not evil but more like an accountant. He almost always spoke to me in numbers but sometimes he would just give me clues and pieces of a puzzle that I of course would never put together till after the fact. This was because I was not supposed to stop the event. One time I did warn someone and actually prevented there death I believe but I paid for it dearly and the price was on myself. I learned after that I was only allowed to know about it.

Lately a new figure has been appearing in my dreams. He is an old man, not very attractive. He is somber and the last time I saw him, he told me how many people would die in Hurricane Katrina. I didn't want to believe it and thought the number must be wrong and by questioning this the information I received was about 4 people off. The most important thing I sensed in this dream was that these people would die wrongly. As though from neglect and that this could have been prevented.

This man appeared again about a month or two ago. This time he told me in the saddest and most somber voice that "There will be an economic collapse". Three Markets would fall. The housing market, the stock market and the transportation market. He told me at the cafeteria. There was no food and all the tables were covered in cheap plastic tablecloths.

I don't know why I get information about world leaders, death or significant world events but I do. It's as thought there are people on the other side who know everything that is going to happen or the most important things and they tell me. There is so much more to share but I think I am running out of space so I am going to end for now.

Oh, one last thing. About the time that Yeltsin stepped down in Russia (actually he was forced in to it at a secret meeting in a lodge in the woods) The lodge with the very tall doors with crosses. They told him "You have to step down" You have no choice and he really didn't. Anyways, getting back to what I was getting around to, a powerful figure at that time has been jockeying for position. He had been waiting a very long time. Sometimes he wears Black like a Minister then he switches to cardinal red as in a Papacy. He is now in the position that he has carefully and long awaited for. He will be involved in events in the coming days/years and these things I believe have to do with money and power.

In closing, I want to say "Don't believe everything you see in the news". Pay attention and always ask yourself "Why are they saying that? If it doesn't make sense, it's because it really doesn't. Most things are done for business reasons. Ask yourself Who will benefit from this financial or business decision then you will know.

Take care and love to all.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

a powerful figure at that time has been jockeying for position. He had been waiting a very long time. Sometimes he wears Black like a Minister then he switches to cardinal red as in a Papacy. He is now in the position that he has carefully and long awaited for. He will be involved in events in the coming days/years and these things I believe have to do with money and power.

This is quite interesting, have you done any investigation into discovering who this person might be?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join