It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gable Film - Michigan Dogman [part 2]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
This is a qoute from the original poster Arawn. Here's also a chance to introduce the Gable Film for a second time to the people who haven't already read about it or seen it. From what I know the original documentary video was removed from Youtube as a request by the owner. It couldn't be found anywhere until now, as it was recently re-uploaded.

There's a video making the rounds that originates from the 70's. It was found and explored and the results were an attack of sorts on the camera man by a beast of sorts. I'll give you the relevant links and you can make your own judgments. I have my own views of what the creature is, but in the interests of not swaying your own decisions I'll remain quiet until a few have commented.

What's it all about?

"Just recently, myself, Linda Godfrey and a number of other researchers were given access to an intriguing piece of film footage that appears to show an unknown - and distinctly strange - animal.

And now the footage has been made public - by Steve Cook, a Michigan DJ who has the film in his possession.

The first stills that show the creature clearly indicate a canine-headed animal moving through knee-high undergrowth. It has pointed ears on top of its head and shoulders, which ordinary dogs (or bears or other quadrupeds) do not have. It turns and moves to one side, charging through the brush in a way that would be very difficult for a human to do." - Nick Redfern

Dated : Sunday, September 23, 2007
The orignal blog with story.

Full story here.

Gable Film website with video (some won't be able to view video there though)

So here it is uploaded in Youtube. Michigan Dogman, The Gable Film.

It looks like genuine footage and I like the Youtube 'breakdown of it.' Is it a Dogman, Bigfoot or a normal, natural creature?

Make your own decisions.

From what I know the "Gable Film" still hasn't been proven to be authentic nor false. There have been a few detailed researches on it by different people though, but that's about it. Here's one site that's a pretty good example of that.

www.michigan-dogman.com...

Let the discussion continue I guess(:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

It looks like a bear to me. I wonder how they can say it isn't when the "creature" can barely be made out. It acts like a bear and walks on all fours. I have never heard of a sasquatch walking on all fours.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The animal's movements are somewhat reminiscent of a mountain gorilla. This video still freaks me out.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The lateral movement of the beast makes me think it's not a bear. It almost appears more like a gorilla. I've been to the wilderness of Michigan, however. No gorillas to speak of.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hm... can't watch videos from Youtube here at work, and can't find it on Google video or Metacafe, so all I have to go on is the pictures on the site.
The pictures certainly look like a bear, at least to me.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Whatever it is, it gave me a chill down my spine.
To me it seems like it changes from gorilla type walking to bounding like a big cat..... got me stumped thats for sure!
Thank you (its also good to see the whole film for the first time)

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Just a thought, but, I assume bears are relatively common in Michigan? why would a Michigan native feel the urge to jump out of a truck to film a bear? If it was a gorilla, would you be really bloody stupid enough to go after it to try and film it? Maybe its just me....

It's certainly an interesting piece of film though. I'm surprised the Destination: Truth team haven't been on the trail of this.

[edit on 9/17/2008 by Genus_Unknown]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
To be honest I think this film is of a baboon in a safari park, sombody is filiming a baboon from a car they open the car door to get out and get a better look then the baboon charges them they drop the camera and run back to the car , but thats just my opinion

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
this is my first post...I have been reading this site for a while now, but something about this video made me finally want to post! I watched a video on youtube, and it was variations of the video, shown in black and white, blue...anyway, I had thought that the poster who mentioned that it seems like a animal being filmed in a safari or a safari type park, because i thought that it really does move like a primate of some sort before it starts bounding away towards the camera man...but in the black and white version its paused at the end and that animal has a tail...very similar to the tail of a dog...its very interesting indeed

top topics

join