It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new weapon to rival invention of plane and tank?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
beieve me. they are not mind reading the insurgents. Mind Reading them will be equivalent to mind reading preschoolers. These are the guys that only know how to use a weapon because the trigger is the only thing that moves on the gun. lol. Trying to mind read them will be soooo inefficient. It will be just easier to send some snipers in to see where all the idiots are running to.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
well with the trillions upon trillions missing from the pentagon and DOD within the past 7 years, i have to think some of this money went to whatever this project is. AND the fact that all this money went "missing" makes me think it went to the development of something BIG and EXPENSIVE..... i have a feeling its located in space whatever it is.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'm gonna guess they are talking about swarmed networked devices that span across multiple platforms.

You know so you can invade a town with minimal human interaction, at least in the initial stages, you could have swarms of micro UAVs, far too many to take out individually - Larger UAVs packing heat (hellfires mini guns etc) tracked and wheeled ground units packing all sorts of exotic and traditional BS and two 14 year old kids 5,000 miles away racking up the points on the laptops.

Hell hath no fury like that of a professional gamer

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It's been a while since I've posted but this article definitely caught my eye.

As one poster has pointed out, computerization and UAV's are
THE ANSWER to managing the modern battlespace. Command,
Control and Communications are key along with ground forces
that can perform, in any weather or operational environment,
tasks that we call:

ORRD (Observe, Record, Report & Direct)

Any small and agile force with sufficient communications and infiltration
capability is inherently a MAJOR FORCE MULTIPLIER and can thus be
the literal pile driver that pounds an enemy into the ground.

Give me 10 men with spread-spectrum communciations,
camouflage, high-tech binoculars, night-vision scopes,
video cameras and mountain bikes, and I can literally
destroy an entire army!

How? Ten sets of eyes and some encrypted email containing
some GPS coordinates and still photos/video footage allows
me to direct aerial based assets to find and kill targets
deader than door nails.

Who needs a stinkin' brigade of vulnerable guys in Humvees,
MRAPS and tanks (no disrespect to the Army intended) when
four Predators with some Hellfire missiles directed by SpecOps
can make my day much easier and definitely NOT make
the enemy's day any nicer!

And just for your information, Al Quaeda is vulnerable to
radio-frequency listening, pinpointing and targetting on
EVEN SHORT SATELLITE or WIRELESS-BASED PHONE CALLS
of less than 30 seconds in length.

With high-CPU horsepower and some simple trigonometry,
the concept of 3D triangulation is not a far fetched fantasy
and IS IN FACT A DAILY REALITY.

I can also mention the fact that motion stabilized lenses
such as those from WESCAM (see following):

www.l-3com.com...

attached to some POWERFUL digital signal processors
can EASILY do facial recognition and matching or
military asset object recognition on the order of tens to
hundreds of faces or objects a second.

See Lockheed Martin Object Recognition Contract:

findarticles.com...

On the audio side, modern movie-making techniques from Hollywood
have given the U.S. military powerful abilities to hunt, find, identify
and then destroy targets based upon mathematically described
audio/acoustic signatures. Object Identification by acoustic characteristics
is a staple of submarine warfare left over from the 1980's Cold War
that has been MUCH IMPROVED with the passage of time.

See civilian equivalent of audio telescope:
www.sciencedaily.com...

See Gunshot locationing and targetting:
en.wikipedia.org...

In addition we can combine audio detection with Night Vision

www.gs.flir.com...

to obtain heat signatures at night in order to target the
bunkered down enemy. Combine Infra-red and Starlight night vision
with Seismic-based Personnel Detectors:

See Microwave-based Seismic Detectors

www.freepatentsonline.com...

See pressure-sensitive seismic sensors:

ieeexplore.ieee.org...

and we can then find those who dug-in way underground!

Add all this INFORMATION to a time-stamped ACTIVE DATABASE with
real-time on-screen maps and satellite photography and we can record
and track the enemy so as to reasonably PREDICT where
he/she is going to be within specified period of time.

See Automated Target Tracking System:
oai.dtic.mil...

Now I can DIRECT aerial/ground forces to enter the kill-zone
and then destroy both enemy warfighters and their tangible
assets OR order SpecOps to retrieve those who we call
"Meatspace Managers" for interrogation in order to
get MORE INFORMATION which is the most valuable asset of all!!!

It's NOT ROCKET SCIENCE - IT'S THE TIMELY AND CORRECT
MANAGEMENT OF PERSONNEL, TANGIBLE WARFIGHTING ASSETS
AND THE TRACKING OF INFORMATION AND ENEMY POSITIONS
that allow us to effectively SHUT THEM DOWN!

And on a final note, NOTHING that I have written here
is any BIG SECRET OR RESTRICTED ONLY TO THE BLACK-WORLD!
It's all about using commercially available resources in the most
"Time-Sensitive" and "Biggest-Bang-For-The-Buck" manner possible!

Hope this post helps in showing that information
is the MOST VALUABLE MILITARY ASSET OF ALL !!!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This is a very interesting post, great info. One thing I noticed here, and on other posts about this story on the web, is that people are misquoting Woodward as saying the new technique or technology is "better than..." or "rivals" the advent of the airplane or tank.

He never said that. When asked is it comparable or does it remind him of the advent of the tank or airplane Woodward said yes.

He also did not say it was a "weapon". It was only referred to as a "technique" or "technology".

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Electro38]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
All the things mentioned above are in the realm of the know. They have made the population aware on a slow-release news campaign to de-sensitize and demoralize the masses into full submission. A revolutionary new type of weapon is something that changes the outcome of wars, and starts new conflicts. Remember, new weapons technology is always at least 10 years ahead of what is demonstrated in the field. How else could you keep it Above Top Secret?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

So is this guy an ex-cia super agent ? How would he know about such a super secret weapon and be able to mention he knows about it on national tv without the B.O guys going nuts?

The reason is that what he's talking about is something we've all heard about to some extent. My guess is that he's referring to the integration of both military robots and drones with weapons capabilities.

If it were really something as important as the TANK and the AIRPLANE, he wouldn't know about it or if he found out, they would disappear him before he had a chance to even imply it's existence on national tv.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

Perhaps something like Gray Fox? ISA anyone? Intelligence Support Activity.
They are supposed to have been on the trail of the al-qaidan leadership since the start of the Afghan war. They were also the ones responsible for getting us Saddam Hussein.
Could it be that they have some new equipment perhaps? They are the ones who developed much of modern day monitoring techniques, technology, etc. that are used throughout the world.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Like others, this thread caught my eye. Im always interested in the development of new technologies and its always the military that brings them in, and slowly filters down over the years to civilian applications, kind of like F1 automotive technology.

Well heres some of what I dug up,

New Military Gadget see's through walls
www.therawfeed.com...

January 05, 2006

U.S. soldiers and Marines will be issued as early as this spring a new gadget called a RADAR SCOPE that will enable them to see motion through up to 12 inches of concrete, detecting movement as minute as someone breathing in the next room. The DARPA-developed device weighs only a pound and a half, is waterproof, runs on AA batteries and costs taxpayers only about $1,000 each

Heres another one, thou not probably what was being mentioned in the interview, its a new addition to the equipement lists-

Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV)
www.army-technology.com...

The joint light tactical vehicle (JLTV) is a new support vehicle programme being developed by the US forces, specifically the US Army, USSOCOM, and the Marine Corps to replace the rapidly ageing and outmoded high-mobility multipurpose wheeled vehicle (HMMWV), the design of which is over 25 years old.

According to the brief there will be three major variations of the JLTV. These are categorised according to the payload of the vehicle and the general mission requirement but there may also be other variants if required. The general categories (joint functional concepts) are 'battlespace awareness' (BA), 'force application' (FA) and 'focused logistics' (FL). All of these have to be transportable by CH-47 and CH-53 helicopters and also C-130 aircraft.

There are three payload capacity categories A, B and C which correspond to 3,500lb (1,600kg), 4,000lb to 4,500 lb (1,800kg to 2,000kg) and 5,100lb (2,300kg) respectively. The lower payload will be for the BA category for use as general purpose utility vehicles with a four personnel capacity.

Now, the following is probably what was earlier refered to as the stuff to make novels out of. and frankly if true and used in the battlefield could make Al-Qaeda or insurgents run out of town.

US Army toyed with telepathic ray gun
technology.newscientist.com...

# 12:00 21 March 2008
# NewScientist.com news service
# David Hambling

A recently declassified US Army report on the biological effects of non-lethal weapons reveals outlandish plans for "ray gun" devices, which would cause artificial fevers or beam voices into people's heads.

The report titled "Bioeffects Of Selected Nonlethal Weapons" was released under the US Freedom of Information Act and is available on this website (pdf). The DoD has confirmed to New Scientist that it released the documents, which detail five different "maturing non-lethal technologies" using microwaves, lasers and sound.

Released by US Army Intelligence and Security Command at Fort Meade, Maryland, US, the 1998 report gives an overview of what was then the state of the art in directed energy weapons for crowd control and other applications.
A word in your ear

Some of the technologies are conceptual, such as an electromagnetic pulse that causes a seizure like those experienced by people with epilepsy. Other ideas, like a microwave gun to "beam" words directly into people's ears, have been tested. It is claimed that the so-called "Frey Effect" – using close-range microwaves to produce audible sounds in a person's ears – has been used to project the spoken numbers 1 to 10 across a lab to volunteers'.

In 2004 the US Navy funded research into using the Frey effect to project sound that caused "discomfort" into the ears of crowds.

The report also discusses a microwave weapon able to produce a disabling "artificial fever" by heating a person's body. While tests of the idea are not mentioned, the report notes that the necessary equipment "is available today". It adds that while it would take at least fifteen minutes to achieve the desired "fever" effect, it could be used to incapacitate people for almost "any desired period consistent with safety."

Now imagine the implications of that technology? Insurgents are hidden in a town in Iraq, US troops come near the town with this technology and beam into their ears quotations from the Koran, and then commands to them to either get out of town or kill each other or anything else. They would think that Allah himself is talking to them and they would go absolutely mad.

Then while they are running out of town, we induce a fever into them, incapacitating them, and the troops just come in and clean them up for interegation.

who knows what else is out there?

[edit on 8/9/08 by Melbourne_Militia]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Good ideas, but i'm afraid none of you were right on target. Here is a pic of the weapon:

Also, answering the thread title specifically, it is the submarine

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It is Facebook.

The military can now have profiles with personally-offerred up information on them and their lifestlyes, track who the terrorists associate with, see what their interests are to exploit them with mass marketing, view any compromising photographs that could be used against the terrorists in court etc, and inundate them with mind-numbing applications used to take up their time away from Terrorizing.

Seriously though, I wonder if there are a high number of reports of UFOs occuring in the middle east that we purposefully dont hear about in the west. Could be a program used to put the fear of God (or aliens) into the people using apparently 'otherworldy' crafts.. a pilot project for what the NWO will use against the west? See how frightened people get, how to react to their reactions, test results against counter-weapons? An anonymous poster presented the idea of the new weapon being the triangle UFO.. not far fetched, as the man in the interview was quoted as comparing it to the airplane and the tank... as in, weaponized vehicles..
utter speculation here, of course.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by kidney thief]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
With trillions spent, A huge jump in our ability to command, control and coordinate troops world wide through satellite feeds could be enhanced and also include new satellite technology that will let the user focus an attack on a single individual or and entire area.

I am thinking large scale satellite attack area saturation and small scale satellite pinpoint targeting. This of course done with laser or microwave technology so that the satellites don't need to be "reloaded". The sun is also the energy source.

To far fetched maybe.

To go a step further, your entire armed forces (minus human ground troops) actually being drones and coordinated by humans half the world away. You always have to have grunts to clean up and occupy.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hmmm....

Something that rivals both a plane and a tank?

A PLANK!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Seems like a bluff.

Or as the Digg folk say:

"Pics or it didn't happen."

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Maybe it's be a supersoldier like Master Chief
, meh it's most likely some kind of survellence like a really tiny UAV

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
gah im terribly frustrated by not being able to remember what this orginization is called but its supposedly non-exsistant (yeah right) but is something like what we saw in the dark knight damn i wish i could remember what it is actually supposedly called maybe someone can shed a lil more light on what im trying to say im just having a serious "senior" moment and im only 25

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'd go with the satellite analysis/direction myself, just because there's so little that your average guerilla group can do about satellites other than try to hide from them. I'd put my money on this, actually:

Shadows, he says, provide enough gait data to deduce a positive ID. To prove it, he has written software that recognises human movement in aerial and satellite video footage.
Gait analysis
[link for full info]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Smart dust, nano craft, laser sound detection, tracing remotely by dna signature, using the ground as a large diaphragm microphone element, echelon type wire spying, 802.11X, MS Windows lol! Or any bastardized radar / sonar (we are mostly water!) hybrid.

Pick just 2 of the above and you have a complex and yet easily obscured spy station.

Whatever the means you still have to track movement and wait for a clear shot.

The interesting thing is that no matter how they communicate, they will be "heard". Not even sign language or writing in code is any good.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

You say "This Guy" like you don't know who he is...Bob Woodward formally of the Washington Post. he broke the Watergate story with his partner Carl Bernstien. Nixon couldn't stop him.. I doubt someone could make him disappear now. he's bullet proof and a good source.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join