It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metaphysics books?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
What books should I read about metaphysics to get a little knowledge about it? I want short books, like, preferably audiobooks because I have a lot of things on my current reading list so I won't be able to read them all really. I heard about Convoluted Universe on Coast to Coast. Is that any good? What short books about metaphysics do you recommend I check out?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
ok, here are a few of my favorites. The holographic universe by Micheal Talbot is a good opening, written in the 70's about the work of david bohm and carl pribram in studies exploring how our consciousness directly effects reality around us on a quantum level. A much better work, and kind of updated versuion of this is the great book "the field, the quest for the secret force of the universe" by lynne mctaggart, which is pretty much the same premise from holographic universe, but with all of the most recent research on it, both great reads! A couple more would be "mutant message from down under", "Memoirs of a psychic spy" is good too, written by joe mcmonagle, robert castor, and edwin may about their participation in the united states "stargate" program which was a US military program of research into remote viewing. Then of course, if you are into shamanism and such there are the carlos casteneda "don juan" books, which while of dubious creation, nonetheless convey great personal and metaphysical truths. These so far have been my favorites, with holographic universe changing my life (and of many others ive talked to).

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

there are probably several short books, somewhat explaining metaphysics and its offspring and kin, however you should probably wait until you have sufficient time and energy to soak it all in.

For me, metaphysics is a very abstract entity

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot is one of my favorite all time books as well.
Another book with similar understandings though more to do with philosophical metaphysical understandings is;
The Disappearance of the Universe by Gary R Renard.
Also other good Metaphysics literature is the
The Seth Material by Jane Roberts

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Epsillion70]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

From Science to God: A Physicist's Journey into the Mystery of Consciousness.
by Peter Russell

also

Krishnamurti's Notebook
by Jiddu Krishnamurti
^
this one you can read for free here.

[edit on 9/7/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
oh, sorry i forgot to list "psychic warrior" as what i think is the best book on the remote viewing project.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

top topics

join