It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God doesn't really exist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that what we call God is really the connected concuosness of humanity. When you pray and the prayer gets answered it is your mind that caused that prayer to be answered not some father time looking old guy in the clouds. In fact that if you were to go back in time when God supposedly gave the ten commandments you would see nothing. Nothing really happened it was all a mass hallucination with real objects made by our minds. if you went back to meet jesus people then would ask " who is jesus; never heard of that man" every time God helped you it was really your mind projecting into the physical world to cause that money bag to drop fro the sky.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Maybe the God you're thinking about doesn't exist. I believe in the HIndu Faith and I think you might find their idea about God more believable than the Christian's ideas about God. Maybe you are thinking about God being an omnipotent all caring being. You should look up other ideas that other religions have about God before you make your conclusion that God doesn't exist. Check this website out- this website has some information on the Hindu religion and its beliefs

www.Hinduwebsite.com

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Frankidealist35]

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I think that maybe 1.3 billion christians don't agree with you, but who knows.
Maybe you are right.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkerd
I have come to the conclusion that what we call God is really the connected concuosness of humanity. When you pray and the prayer gets answered it is your mind that caused that prayer to be answered not some father time looking old guy in the clouds. In fact that if you were to go back in time when God supposedly gave the ten commandments you would see nothing. Nothing really happened it was all a mass hallucination with real objects made by our minds. if you went back to meet jesus people then would ask " who is jesus; never heard of that man" every time God helped you it was really your mind projecting into the physical world to cause that money bag to drop fro the sky.

that is one hell of a mass hallucination. imagine that....

a harmonious book that took over 1500 years to write with beliefs that have effected nearly every man woman and child in written history.

if it was really that simple, if it was that easy for us to project into reality, then why is everyone sharing the same suffering?

it real romantic to think you are one with the cosmos. who wouldnt want to be? you get to be god! you get to answer for noone. life holds no real consequences because its just a learning experience. you die and you become reconnected with the universe or you get reincarnated, whatever is more convenient to believe. but why not? you are god.

its funny though, the bible had this thought before you did, before anyone did. adam and eve wanted to be like gods too. so excuse me if i see some irony to this thread.

i think thats why people hate the bible so much.

they hate the laws because it forces them to be conscience of their actions

they hate reading accounts of god carrying out judgement because it reminds them that they cant do whatever they want.

they hate prophecy because it shows the storm hasnt passed yet

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
mariam we are in an age where it's a

" choose your own God deal "

basically there is no truth in it, but people do this to fit their lifestyles. If God is any belief then he's divided against himself, which means he's a liar, which means he is unjust and worse then his creation. So one has to be right.

an unrevealed truth like, (one with nature). One with nature doesn't have a personality like God does and doesn't speak with us like God did. And it doesn't come to earth to be with it's crteation like he did.

Now as for.

" Old guy in the sky "

Look, why is it so hard to believe in a spirit? people die on Earth. How can any soul just think that those people whom we loved, the ones with tremendous personality and love, just vanish out of nowhere.

that's a damn frightening, frightening thought to believe that we just vanish after death. If evolution created us then we should be walking robots, no emotions, nothing. We shouldn't have attatchments to other people, love, laughter, a soul, personality, the ability to want to live forever because life can get so good sometimes and so loving people don't want it to end.

some athiest might be hard to believe, but just keep an open mind. We are about to hit the most amazing age ever and antichrist.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

whats bizarre to me is that here in the flesh we have laws and rules and leaders. these people that dont believe in the living true God but belive in spirits etc, just how do they think they are governed or is there some kind of just so happens collective harmony?

The reason they think like this is because, IMHO, they dont like not being in control and doing what they want.

david

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
That's a great point drevil, we do have laws and leadres ect. That's the point I made with having a dad when we grew up. Dad would discipline and give you rules or else if he didn't you would walk all over him. God is a dad.

some athiest are doubful, others have an agenda and no openess, some are satanist which means they know hes true but follow satan. The funny thing about satanist is they always qoute.

" do what thou wilt, which means do whatever you want, and then they say: as long as it doesn't hurt anyone "

Ok then you just contradicted your first statement by saying (do what thou wilt)

because doing what you want means any evil you want. Go kill someone, go punch your neighbor in the face for fun ect...

so it's basically the same thing as us with certain rules. So the conclusion from satanist is that they just don't want to serve God.

anyways great point drevill.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
People say that God loves the sinner but doesn't love sin. Well, we are our habits, we are what we do. So God knows nothing about psychology because it's not the sin he throws to hell, it's the person. So does he love you??? He hates sin so he hates you too. (I'm just explaining a concept, I am not christian).

People say there is only one God, but yet we celebrate mothers Day (In honor of Rhea, Mother of Zeus, Poseidon and Hades). It's all messed up. My God is my mind.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: drevill

There is no greater internal enemy than a carnal mind...that's what many people operate from.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jon1
I think that maybe 1.3 billion christians don't agree with you, but who knows.
Maybe you are right.

Yeah, and over a billion Muslims that don't agree with them. Over a billion Hindu's that don't agree with them or the Muslims. Over a billion Buddhists that equally don't agree either. etc. etc. etc.

Numbers only represent the size of the cult. Not how accurate their beliefs are.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
What objective knowledge brought you to that conclusion?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: drevill

What you are referring to is called "conventional" law.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Totally off topic, I was the only person who stared and flagged this old thread back in the day

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Wait.......money bags fall from the sky?

top topics

join