It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Giant spider stalks city streets"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

"Giant spider stalks city streets"

news.bbc.co.uk

Liverpool city centre was brought to a standstill as thousands of visitors turned out to catch a glimpse of La Princesse, the 50ft (15m) spider.

Crowds packed the streets to follow the mechanical beast on its walkabout from the Cunard building through the city.

And although the rain eased for part of the day, onlookers were still soaked by huge jets of water from her abdomen.

The £1.5m Capital of Culture event, operated by French company La Machine, was continuing on Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com
www.youtube.com
www.thesun.co.uk
blog.makezine.com

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I've been too this spider and it literally is phenomenal! funny enough i didn't actually know about it when i saw it, so i was stood there like ":| what the hell!" it looked like something from a movie! haha, the question i want too ask in this post is, are robots getting made too be too intelligent? what if we make a robot that learns too kill? we've all seen irobot
....i look forward too reading the replies ...x

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
What a load of rubbish! My city, Liverpool, is at a complete standstill because of this rubbish. I heard that it was robotic and moved but as of yet I don't know anyone who has seen it move an inch!
Get it moving then set it on Ringo Starr! Now I'd pay to see that.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Ahahaha, did you see ringo star in that interview saying that he wouldnt go back too liverpool, the cheek!! as for the spider, i think its impressive!
i also support liverpool, good choice my friend
x

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
That thing is awesome - leave it to the French to come up with crazy cool stuff like this.

I want one!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
haha yeahh! i love france and the french! i was saying too a friend before, imagine owning one on show and tell day in school hahaha! " heres my barbie" ..."OH YEAH HERES MY FIFTY FOOT SPIDER!" ahahah perfect, thanks for the reply x

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It's cool but it doesn't exactly seem to be stalking anyone or anything. It is just sitting there like a sculpture. Once it starts moving around, then ill be impressed!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
You think this spider is big! You want to see the size of the one thats in my bath. . ! I tried to kill it with a rolled up newspaper but it took it off me and hit me over the head with it.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
It's cool but it doesn't exactly seem to be stalking anyone or anything. It is just sitting there like a sculpture. Once it starts moving around, then ill be impressed!

Don't hold your breath. I heard this thing was going to be wandering around the city so you can imagine how disappointed I was to find that it did indeed travel around the city. . . but on the back of a lorry!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
In my hometown (in France) we had a giant man and all kind of giant animals (giraf, elephant) walking around the city every 5 years. They even set up a fake space shuttle craft in the middle of the town. It was just really impressive everytime and so popular that they decided to keep some of them and now you can go with your kids on an elephant ride.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Everyone! specially people from england are you silly, its moved around the city like 10 times already, it did today at 6pm it was on the news, search "giant spider liverpool" on youtube theres loads of it moving around, its fabulous x

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephenwephentephen
Everyone! specially people from england are you silly, its moved around the city like 10 times already, it did today at 6pm it was on the news, search "giant spider liverpool" on youtube theres loads of it moving around, its fabulous x

Hi. Yes its moved about the city but on the back of a lorry. When I heard about this about a week ago I got the impression that they wanted us to believe that this thing was animatronic. In other words, it would crawl all over the tower. I dont know about you but I think its a bit disappointing. Scousers aren't scared of spiders anyway. They should have made a 50 foot Heather Mills! Now that is truly scary!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It looks like it is moving around the streets. Check this video out

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
this is a load of bollocks, whats so interesting about this? if people find this intersesting, and all the # that the world is going through? #ing wake up world, jesus christ wake up!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Thanks for that. Everyone I heard talking about this said it was going to walk around the city streets and climb buildings etc. Now we know it moves the city will have to invest in some giant dusters to keep the cobwebs off the town hall.
Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stephenwephentephen

The robot is actually manned by three people so no I dont think it can be trained to kill

But that aside, I think robots with this sort of capacity aren't very far off at all, in fact we already have them! There are heat sensitive gun turrets which will blast at anything diplaying a heat signature. But as for terminator types, I dont think that will be in our lifetime. But unfortunately it IS inevitable that some scientist will make it his life's work to create one.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by unnamedninja]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Awww... and I thought this was going to be a follow up to the thread about the Iranians creating genetically modified super spiders

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truther
this is a load of bollocks, whats so interesting about this? if people find this intersesting, and all the # that the world is going through? #ing wake up world, jesus christ wake up!

Yes,,,,,,boring....what are we gonna do with that uhhhhhhh......somthing is wrong here I think I just lost IQ points watching the youtube video..

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Truther

Take a chill pill dude. World sucks, sure. but if you rush past the roses, you'll miss the point of freedom you're fighting for.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I know your post was to truther but since we both agree I will just ask.
What is so rosy about a giant art spider?

I mean ok it got alot of attention sure but I dont know its like i just lost time i cant get back watching a giant art spider.
The same effect can be achieved watching paint dry.

Well every one has an opinion I guess..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join