It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul to Make Major Announcement Next Week

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
www.campaignforliberty.com...

Friends,

Dr. Paul just authorized me to send this press release to the national wire. Stay tuned!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 5, 2008

ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA – On the heels of his historic three-day rally in Minneapolis that drew over 12,000 attendees, Congressman Ron Paul will make a major announcement next week in Washington at the National Press Club.

More details will be announced Monday.

Hmm, could he be resigning? A 3rd party run announcement doesn't seem likely: it's really too late...

What could it be?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
He and Jesse Ventura are running together.. lol That would be good.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Perhaps he is going to give his "endorsement" to a candidate. I would assume that it will be a 3rd party candidate...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
He's going to crawl back into the hole where he came from, and put the rock back in place.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
RP endorse McCain?

I just can't see it on one hand, but I can on the other. After all, RP being the kind of man he is might just decide that since he is a member of the GOP, now that the GOP has selected its candidate formally, that he should drop it and endorse their selection.

I'm very curious as to what this announcement will be.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Doubtful he will indorse McCain. See the clip. If anything, because of how the Republican have been treating him, it wouldn't suprise me if he goes independent. He appears to have supporters and momentum.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_O_fYgjTdQ

[edit on 6-9-2008 by TonyClifton]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There is no possible way that RP will be endorsing McCain (and I highly doubt obama either). He's certainly covered the hype market though. I am intrigued.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hmm, I wonder if it could have anything to do with the Secret Service confiscating all RP materials from his delegates at the RNC?

Because surely RP's got to be pissed about this. He should really go before Congress and demand some answers, a hearing, and at least get those materials back to his supporters.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I agree, it seems like the GOP is letting him know they don't agree with policies to the point he is an outsider in his own party. I don't think RP has any choice but to go independent. He has been saying that the GOP is not anywhere close to having the values as it used to.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_O_fYgjTdQ

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The term "major announcement" is quite the oxymoron coming from Ron Paul, his "campaign," or his "supporters." The Major could accept one exception to the state of irrelevancy that is Ron Paul, and that would be his admission that his "support" is nothing but smoke and mirrors being perpetrated by a couple of geeks in their mom's basement. Ron Paul being a politician and endowed with the requisite hubris of the breed, is incapable of that veracity.

Ron Paul is just act two of "Freaky Little Dudes From Texas," Ross Perot being act one.

Dismissed.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Major Discrepancy

Perhaps you missed his 10,000 + "side convention" in Minnesota? It would appear that there were more than 2 people there...but I will check the video again to see if I can spot the "smoke and mirrors" you are referring to.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

State of irrelevancy? lol, man are you in another world. Tell that to the 12,000 or more that just showed up for his rally, and the millions of dollars in his campaign account, a large part of which was from the US military. The only thing here that's irrelevant is the fact that after this post, I won't be able to read your answer, cause you just earned a spot on my ignore list (a tough place to get on.) Congrats.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I checked the footage...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuFeWXSx3W8

Saw some smoke...didn't see any mirrors...am I missing something?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If he endorses John McCain or Barack Obama I will definately be highly disapointed.

I hope he's announcing an run - and a VP!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
www.campaignforliberty.com...

Congressman Ron Paul will make a major announcement next week in Washington at the National Press Club.

More details will be announced Monday.

Let me guess which day next week, hmmmm

How about Thursday?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Or maybe he's going to get involved somehow with Cynthia McKinney? Run as her VP?
Or announce her as his running mate? They are friends...

www.independentpoliticalreport.com...

Now that would be a curious mix, which would not only match the Palin "female" strategy for Hillary votes, but would appeal to African Americans as well.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy

Ron Paul is just act two of "Freaky Little Dudes From Texas," Ross Perot being act one.

I will take that "Freaky little dude from Texas" over a "Creepy old dude from Arizona" any day of the week.

Dismissed.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TonyClifton
I checked the footage...

Saw some smoke...didn't see any mirrors...am I missing something?

The Major is amused. The Major isn't sure whether you intended to post your YouTube video sans video or not, but the irony hasn't escaped the Major's olive drab sense of humor. Obviously you are not one of the geeks in the basement.

The Major would be interested in any independent press that could substantiate the numbers claimed by the Ronbot machine. The circuitous means by which Ron Paul has been "supported" has no sway with the Major. Referencing "proof" that has been filtered through layers of the internet will only garner 35 delegates and an inconsequential percentage of the popular vote, not relevancy.

And to the recruit who made a point of trying to ignore the Major; there is a term to describe such action: Surrender.

Dismissed.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Or maybe he's going to get involved somehow with Cynthia McKinney?

List He can do MUCH better than her!
There are many people to pick from.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Sir, I apoligize for my lack of computer knowledge, Sir.

Sir, I will strive to perform better, Sir.

Sir, I don't believe the Major's sense of humor is "drab", sir.

Sir, I have some additional "intelligence" as requested, sir.

news.cnet.com...

Sir, am I dismissed, sir?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join