It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service confiscates books & buttons from Ron Paul delegates

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Secret Service confiscates books & buttons from Ron Paul delegates

www.dailynewscaster.com

Today at the Republican National Convention, as the Ron Paul Delegates were taking a picture in front of the model White House inside the Convention Center, they were surrounded by Secret Service which proceeded to search the bags of all the delegates. They took any and everything related to Ron Paul including signs, buttons, videos, slim jims, cards, even books.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I really don't know what to say about this, except to wonder at the heavy handedness, and to wonder why the secret service are involved.

I understand they have jurisdiction over the protection of POTUS and POTUS-elect, but this is a political move, and political interference.

Are the party so concerned about Ron Paul (still) that they take this heavy handed attitude and ORDER the secret service to intervene?

If so, surely the service have overstepped the bounds of their jurisdiction.

This really does seem like a conspiracy against RP and a desperate attempt to stop them from stealing McCains thunder.

www.dailynewscaster.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
This is sickening!

If I were states-side (being part of the liberty movement), I would take a video camera everywhere I go.

Ah, for *snip* sake:

Dennis, Ron and the other delegates report being openly followed by secret service. He says that they had been monitored from the beginning of the convention, but that now they are being shadowed constantly.

[edit on 9/5/2008 by Good Wolf]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/5/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Not a nice group, but society seems to be full of these people now.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Why should the GOP be concerned about a fringe candidate who's largest base of support is made up of Digg users? Come on!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Who? The Secret Service?

Or do you take issue with those who believe that the Constitution should be upheld?

[edit on 9/5/08 by redmage]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by budski

Why should the GOP be concerned about a fringe candidate who's largest base of support is made up of Digg users? Come on!

My point exactly.

Star for ya.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It's about time. They are scary people. They want it the're way or the highway. They don't tolerate anyone that I can tell.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Was already posted, but a star and flag anyway.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Broke in political news - I'm focussing more on the conspiracy angle, such as the secret service acting outside their jurisdiction.

the question is why?

Or on whose orders?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

You must mean the people over at the RNC, correct? Yes, those McMurder lovers are a little nutty.

Since when is wearing a button, or having a sign of your favorite "Republican", worth the Secret Service getting involved and having people searched and treated as if members of Al Quada. Talk about toleration.

Oh that's right, free speech is trounced upon in a fascist state, right?

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by eNumbra

Broke in political news - I'm focussing more on the conspiracy angle, such as the secret service acting outside their jurisdiction.

the question is why?

Or on whose orders?

Oh, didn't notice that. Carry on then.

Perhaps it's just one more action in creating a link between Ron Paul revolutionaries and "Anarchists" and violent protesters.

It's all a show to create the illusion of protection, those who already believe the lies are reinforced when the people who "Don't want to fight the terrorists/murderers" taken away. When these people see police/SS (haha notice what i did there) take people away they don't ask questions, they just assume they are doing their job and doing it well.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I've said this before in another thread, the PTB are trying to 'disappear him' They have gone beyond discrediting him, they see he is a clear and present danger to their agenda so they must get rid of him.

What better way to do it than by attempting to erase him from the hearts and minds of the people?

Write him in people, show you will not tolerate this any longer.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Ron Paul must make McCain very nervous for this kind of thing to be happening. I don't understand why though, the man's not even on the ballot. Are they really that afraid of some books, pins, pamplets, bumper stickers, etc.

I also don't see how the SS our anyone else for that matter has the right to consficate any political material from anyone, especially at a political convention.

All it is is a conspiricy by a fascist regime to try and spread propaganda that Ron Paul and his followers are somehow dangerous. Most people when seeing something like this don't think that people's consttutional rights are being infringed upon, rather they assume that the people being harassed must be doing something wrong and pose some kind of a threat.

They're trying to stop people from hearing Ron Paul's message and try to discredit him. In fact all they're accomplishing when they use tactics like this is to show just how truth filled his message is, and how our constitutional rights are being stripped away a little more as each day passes. It also shows that they don't want us to make an informed decision looking at all the information out there, they just want us to have access to what they want ust to know.

Seems like the real reason behind it is the fact that they see that the masses are finally starting to wake up, that Ron paul is reaching far more people than they thought possible, and perhaps the revolution is not as far fetched as they would like us to believe.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I've got a question about your secret service...

If they're "secret" then they don't have to answer to the people they are searching, right?

Which means, they don't have to prove that they're secret service.

... which means anyone can pretend their secret service, just say secret service with a suit on, and it's practically a free card to rough them up and take what you like?

I'm just having difficulty understanding how the people are supposed to identify authority down there. Up here, they have to prove they have authority... seems down there, any Joe Blow can fake authority.

So, how do you know when you're being roughed up by secret service?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
I've got a question about your secret service...

If they're "secret" then they don't have to answer to the people they are searching, right?

Which means, they don't have to prove that they're secret service.

... which means anyone can pretend their secret service, just say secret service with a suit on, and it's practically a free card to rough them up and take what you like?

I'm just having difficulty understanding how the people are supposed to identify authority down there. Up here, they have to prove they have authority... seems down there, any Joe Blow can fake authority.

So, how do you know when you're being roughed up by secret service?

I'm pretty sure they have badges, and would be subject to the same search & seizure laws as any other law enforcement agency.

They may share the initials but they aren't the Schutzstaffel yet.

[edit on 9/5/2008 by eNumbra]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
These SS guys are simply obeying an order from some one above them.

Don't shoot the messenger ( SS in this case) for carrying out an order from somebody above them....whoever that may be?!!?

I am not saying that what they did is right......I am saying we need to dig deeper to find out why the SS are involved.

Thier may be someone involved in the Ron Paul convention who may have uttered threats or maybe worse.

I really wonder what Ron Paul has to say concerning the SS interveneing during the event.

Another angle to consider would be that whoever ordered the SS to investigate may be trying to stir up, agitate those who are on the "edge" at the Ron Paul event. Agitaion of protestors is Social Conditioning 101.

Of course there could be many other reasons behind the involvement of the SS.

A person would be wise to examine this with a sense of detachment. If not...you may be dancing to the tune of whomever ordered the SS to investigate the Ron Paul event.

For example when Rage front man asked everybody to sit down in St. Paul at the Rep. Convention while a plains clothes cop was trying to provoke the crowd, shows that the Rage Against Machine guys knew how to handle a threat! Art of War put in place via RATM!!

S and F the thread.

PS I support the efforts of RP

[edit on 5-9-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It is hilarious that these same people who spent the last year trashing Dr. Paul in the media and black balling him from debates/media coverage etc are now coming back on their knees and begging Ron Paul to throw his support toward Mcsame.

And then they pull crap like this.

They are terrified that if Ron Paul and John Mccain were ever put on the same stage during a one on one debate, Ron Paul would beat him like he stole something.

This whole b.s. with the secret service is nothing new. Just a continued concerted and devious effort by the Republican party to silence Ron Paul any way they can.

And the funniest part....he is a REPUBLICAN

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by budski

I don't know, but they most definitely are!!!

Concerned seems to be putting it mildly.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

I'm pretty sure they have badges, and would be subject to the same search & seizure laws as any other law enforcement agency.

They may share the initials but they aren't the Schutzstaffel yet.

Okay.

But my line of questioning comes from what happened recently at the DNC and RNC... peace officers taking down protesters, but they weren't wearing ID, badges of any kind, and when asked for their badge number, they replied with "I don't have one"... when asked their name they said "I don't have to give you that."

... when actual police officers were asked for the other officers information, they simply said "They're not with us, that's a different detachment."

The same occurred for a reporter who had his Press badge ripped off him by secret service. The agent said "you won't be needing that", ripped it off him, and proceeded to walk away. When the reporter demanded a receipt for the confiscated material, mr. SS refused.
When he demanded a badge number, proof of authority, or a name... Mr. SS refused him of that as well.
The reporter then asked a nearby cop who that agent was, and the cop said "Looks like Secret Service to me, we can't do anything about it"

It just seems like all the laws of identifying themselves as authority are being broken recently (if it were Canadian law at least, I'm not too versed in US law.)... and I was wondering if these individual SS members are just on a power trip and violating the rules... or if there are any rules to begin with for identifying themselves.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join