It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online love..??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
True love can be found anywhere with enough patience. The way I see it is love is made up of 3 important parts. Physical attraction/passion, the way the other person thinks/goals/attitude/etc., and the way they act in person. The last two kind of interact with eachother. How a person thinks will alter the way they act, but mannerisms and general approach to situations does play a huge role.

If you find some one you can be passionate towards, fall for the goals/desires/line of thinkings somebody possesses, and cannot get enough of the person whenever you see them because all the little Idiosyncrasies a person displays, then it doesnt matter WHERE you found it, just that you did find it. If its in person, great. If its online, just the same.

Sure, the obvious risks play out online. Is this person who they say they are, are they lying about what they look like, etc. Aside from those risks though, there isn't all too much a difference so long as you have the extra needed patience of an online relationship.

It is a much slower process for the obvious reasons. That doesnt mean it is an impossible one.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nuts!

I usuall read most or all other replies first, but in this case, because it is a special emotional and personal question, I come straight to the point.

Of course there is, take out your webcam and lets meet at webcams dot com and I show ya ....ROFLMAO...just kidding...:bash:

Anyone ever found their love over the net?

Yes, the advantage or disadvantage of it is you can end it much easier.

Is it powerful, like the moment you met your soul mate?

It mostly is, because you only get to know her soul, until you start exchaging pics and other artifacts which depicts only the outside of yourself. For some that is important. (but just because I am not sending you pics doesn't mean I am a fat, ugly, bold 75 year old pretending to be 20 )

..is it a lasting love??..

I think I answered that in question one.

do the words ''i love you'' eventually get old??

no, but they are easier said and don't reflect the real mood you're in.
But if you're irealy in love and a good mood and realy mean those words you'd write something like this. "Oh sweety, I love you so so so so much and can't wait to talk to you tomorrow...kisses kisses,,,kisses...love ya. good night. love ya ...kisssessssss....realy gotta go now...love ya...BYEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

can it work????

yes, but i just don't know how.

any stories will be welcome..lets hear em..!!
Im a romantic..i would love to hear all...

I'd suggest you try it out for yourself.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
My third girlfriend I met online... She was a beautiful brunette from England. Everything went well until she went on vacation to Indonesia with her friends. Her lil bro hacked into her IM account and told me she'd been killed in a car accident. I cried myself sick for two weeks and found new love in a local girl named Ashley, I later learned of the british girl's evil bro and his evil prank after dating Ashley for about 3 weeks.

Ashley saw me behaving differently and asked what was bothering me, what did I do... (I'm stupid for doing it too) I told her about the truth of what happened to my previous girlfriend. Ashley dumped me, and a few days later the online girl found a new boyfriend over in her town. We still chat via IM, but the feelings we had have dissapated and we're just friends rather than madly in love. There's still days when I wish I hadn't believed her lil bro, but they pass like many other bad days.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I believe you can find love online. But the distance is the killer. You can not touch or hug this person. Yes you can talk and see each other online. There is nothng like having the person you love just hold and kiss you. But what if that person finds someone where they live. How quick do you think you are forgotten. Because they do not have to turn their life upside down to go god knows where to met the person they fell in love with on the net. Distant does not make love grow stronger it just makes it easy to let go. Because you have someone close to share you thoughts and feeling with. So yes you might be able to find love on the net, But how long will it last. I am glad some people have found love online. But for me I found love when I was not really looking for it right under my nose. When we got together I was not sure about my feeling. He has somethings he still has to deal with. But I am glad that I did not just say forget this. I really do love him. He is a mess but he is my mess. But online love it all has to do with the people. If the love is strong it will last no matter what.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by silverflame]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hi
I last month I was bored on a sunday night
and went to a uk chat, to my surprise met a such a nice guy, we talk in chat room for 1 hour then on messenger for 3, we chat every day,we have nothing in common, but we enjoy our chat. I have tried many times in this last month to break it up with him, but I always go back on and we continue chatting,Honestly its scaring how two people so far can connect,He is from the middle east and me from states. Our topics are so broad like a true friend. Lets see where this ends up. Oh I have heard his voice. and we both agreed with like each other voices.

Sincerely
lost in the states

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Good topic!
I have recently(2 weeks ago)met someone online through one of the free dating sites.
She is overseas right now for another several weeks. We both are pretty smitten with each other, share all the same interests down to loving the same bands and movies.
I do not think I could honestly say I loved someone I have never spent any "realtime" with but...
The seeds of love are definitely planted! It's weird too, we both feel like we've known each other forever!

My fingers are crossed!

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I had a 7 year relationship with a girl that lived several states away from me. It was one of the most love filled relationships iv ever had. Sure it ended, but we still talk, we still express love twords each other, and if I ever got the chance id go back to her in a heart beat.

I think that online love can work. I think that it's rare, but true love isn't something that's sure, or easy in real life either.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
My most beloved woman ever I met through the internet. Not via a pure dating-site though. I was a general community called Helgon.net

But I know most things are already inevitable, otherwise they would not happen, so maybe I would have met her anyhow.

Don't see her too often now though. Something I find really depressing.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I've had my share of failed internet relationships, however, I have had great success with an online relationship supplementing one that is long distance and RL. My boyfriend is a 12 hour train ride away, communicating online and by phone for 2 month intervals between seeing one another is working out really well.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I dont really know if this applies but, my current girlfriend of 2 years, we had met in person once in passing, but we became really close friends through talking online, I'd help her with homework, and she'd help me write papers and stuff. After about a month of chatting online almost everynight, we hung out. The rest is history, we are both very happy.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I would not place to much importance on online love, but then again, you never know.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I would think it's not that much different than finding love anywhere? I mean if you're sensible and realistic about it, and it doe's look like it has it's benefits in my opinion.

Not that im an expert mind, i've never loved and only lusted,

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Can you find someone worth your time online? Sure, I suppose you could if that's what you're looking for. Can you be played and end up a fool? Absolutely. My biggest disagreement:Sincerity. You've talked to someone for six months. Big deal. Absent from your conversations is perhaps the most vital info you could get on the person. Watching them respond. Touching you responding to something you've said. Noticing lying from body movements, etc. By the time you finally meet this person..odds are you have developed feelings for them. Are you going to view them the same way you as you would if meeting them for the first time in a normal dating scenario? I doubt it, but would love to be proven wrong. You're at a big disadvantage from the getgo.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I found love online.
It was on a game site, and D and I found we were both jumping out of bed early and running to the computer to see if the other was on. I was mid 40s, he was mid 20s when we met, but age didn't matter. All we wanted was to grab our equipment and go fight the enemy together, and every day we'd talk more.

Despite never meeting IRL, we ended up in a wonderful relationship for 6 years, and we could feel hugs from a distance, we talked to each other like neither of us had ever been able to talk to anyone before, and ... well I guess you guys don't need to know all the details.

Then he started getting fond of a girl he worked with.

I knew he really needed an IRL relationship, with someone he could hold for real and make babies with. (I mean that literally, he needed to be a father.) I have a long-term illness so I didn't, for his sake, want D tied down to me. And she seemed nice, so I encouraged it and kept my tears to myself while he raved on about her.

These days D is happily married to that girl, and I'm happy for those wonderful 6 years when I learnt so much I'd never known about myself, and learned what it was like to really be loved. And I'm glad I set him free at the right time, he deserved that.

The biggest difference between this and an IRL relationship was, as Givenmay has already said,

people can get to know each other better from talking online than in person...sometimes it's easier to type then talk, you know?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Yo, y'all. Long-time ATS:er (Over there I'm known as David_Reale) here. New at BTS, though. Just thought I'd make my first post here and give my opinion on it, AND experience, since I'm currently embroiled in one of the most weird experiences I've ever been involved in.

So, yea, I've met a girl online. We were both members of an anime/JPop community, though we never really spoke there. Instead, we met through friends that were all members of the same community, on Facebook instead. And started to chat. And flirt. Shamelessly. And a lot. To the degree, that, I believe her sister's exact words were, "Just get together already!!"

So, yea. I like her a lot. There is one tiny problem. I live in Sweden, and she lives in Missouri, United States. Well, you know, to me it's not much of a problem. I've always been a fond follower of the "Who Dares Wins" motto. I'm considering re-enlistment with the Swedish military for a tour of duty abroad this fall, though.

But after that, I am seriously and strongly considering if a trip to Missouri might not be in order. Well, "considering" might give the wrong impression. I'm bent on going over there and wooing her.

Who knows if it will work out or not? I certainly hope it will, but you can never be sure. But then again, you'll know for sure it won't ever turn into what it has the potential to be, if you don't take the step.

And hey, life is a learning experience. It might sound crazy to some - go to Missouri just to hook up with a girl. To me, though... Well, I'm tired of Sweden anyway, and I like this girl a lot, to the point where there's no doubt in my heart she's worth it.

So, whatever the future holds in store for her and me, be it together or not, I'm a big fan of living in the now. And the now entails plans for the future to visit her. And woo her.

That's my experience with online love. I'll give you another report in a year or two and let you know if I still hold faith in that people can meet love on the Internet or not. For now, though, I'll say this; I think Internet has the possibility to plant the seed and bring people together, even if they're on two different sides of the planet.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join