It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online love..??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Anyone ever found their love over the net? is it powerful, like the moment you met your soul mate?..is it a lasting love??..
do the words ''i love you'' eventually get old??
can it work???? any stories will be welcome..lets hear em..!!
Im a romantic..i would love to hear all...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nuts!

I have never fell in love with a person online besides you Nuts, you know that!

No on a serious note...I have had feelings for someone (lust)...the feeling you get from a person you cant touch, because too many miles are in between you!

I actually think people can get to know eachother better from talking online than in person...sometimes it's easier to type then talk, you know?

I don't see myself meeting up with someone in person that is online though for a relationship!

[edit on 9/6/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
i've thought about it. but then i was like "nahhhhhhhhh, this is something a fool would do."

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Trust me: Avoid internet romance at all cost. It's all a scam, where hearts get broken and wallets become emptied. Oh the horror!

Where's my holy water? Back, I command you, back into the worm holes, you faceless lovers! [hiss, hiss]!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Internet love CAN work as long as you keep your head screwed on right, and be just as cautious if not more so than if you met the person face to face.
Talk to them for MONTHS before ever meeting in person. Really get to know each other.
IT IS possible. I found love online, and my mom did as well. She met my step-father on a dating site, and they have been married three years now.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Love
Another four letter word that gets thrown around with reckless abandon all to much.You've got as much chance i suppose of finding love on teh interwebz as you have in real life i suppose.Its a pity that chance is slim to nothing.
As Fear Factory once said "THERE IS NO LOVE"!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay
reply to post by nuts!

I have never fell in love with a person online besides you Nuts, you know that!

No on a serious note...I have had feelings for someone (lust)...the feeling you get from a person you cant touch, because too many miles are in between you!

I actually think people can get to know eachother better from talking online than in person...sometimes it's easier to type then talk, you know?

I don't see myself meeting up with someone in person that is online though for a relationship!

[edit on 9/6/2008 by Givenmay]

you sum things up so well GM..ty for your imput..
I would love to hear more stories of success..
I am a lil romantic at heart..

[edit on 6-9-2008 by nuts!]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuts!
Anyone ever found their love over the net? is it powerful, like the moment you met your soul mate?..is it a lasting love??..
do the words ''i love you'' eventually get old??

Yes.. saying it is one thing but eventually he/she is going to have to prove it.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Internet love? God! on the face of it find love where the hell you can!

Can you make life changing decisions like relocating finding work and all that based on text on a screen? Why not? People in history have gone to great lengths on a promise and a small oil painting. The net is one of the great enablers of our time – it ranks up there with air travel and basic education.

Those little key taps can be saved just like an old lady can pull love letters from an old shoe box, they can be full an beautiful, or just friendly BS.

We is all just little islands, think some one famous wrote something along those lines once, meeting minds is always a bit rocky - but sod it, who wants to go mad on their own?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Well I have to say thanks to the replys so far..and especially to a certain unnamed u2uer..the insight is great..
To all who have had this kinda not so new love, or fling..whateva the case may be..keep the stories coming... Open up..good or bad, we all can learn from this.. to all.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I know of one online romance in which the lady invited her online love interest to her house to "get to know him better." He raped her, robbed her and killed her. Her prepubescent daughter was hiding in the next room terrified of being discovered. She WAS discovered and managed to talk her mothers killer out of killing her too. She convinced him he needed to steal the family car and make his get-away which he did. She then called the police.

Aint love grand? Online or off?

Another friend of mine met some guy online, dated him for months, lived together for almost a year and finally married. As soon as they were married he began drinking, quit his job and became a total loser. They were married 5 weeks. Took another 2 weeks for the anullment to go through since she was able to prove that he married her under fraudulent intentions. (she had property and money-he didn't).

I suppose it's possible to meet your soul mate online, just not very probable. Best of luck to all those hopeful romantics who just want a bit of happiness wherever they can find it. Be careful out there.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LordInfamous

Who you callin' a fool?

I met my wife online. almost 11 years ago. We've been married 3.

Met in a chat room, became chat buddies for a couple of months, then a phone call, another call, another call, you get the picture. After another couple of months, decided to meet in person.

Met in a public place, lots of people. Had dinner and drinks. It was too late for her to drive the 5 hours back home, I put her up in a hotel and I went home.

The next morning, I called her took breakfast over and asked if I could see her again. She said yes, so the following weekend, I drove the 5 hours to be together.

We did this for a couple of months until we decided that I should move here to be with her. I moved found a really good job and the rest is history.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Um .. hey folks

As some of you may know ... im still in a "online relationship" with a fellow ATSer ..who ... as of now .. hsnt been on this site for a few months .

Our big " 1 year" is gonna comeup this october .... and I was glad to have bumpd into "Nuts !!" to talk about it LOL .

At first ... as we were chatn on here ..... i didnt knw how she lookd like for about a month or so .. since she didnt have a cam at the time . But ... she had seen me on the huge pic thread . Um ... as time went by ..... well ... on december .. forgot which day .. we decided to call each other for the first time ... it was soooo amazing ... like .. speaking to GOD or somethin' LOL .

Well .. to speed things up .... we startd doin skype vid chats .. and all that other stuff ..... and we still keep things going with the occasion conspiracy theories that are out there ... and the current topics .. the election .

Well .. in my opinion .... anyting is possible .... in terms of relationships .... there can be the good kind .. the bad kind ... but .... u just gotta go with your "heart" and believe in it .

And to say online love isnt possible .. i think its silly .... cause ... if u can make friends online .. why cant u get somethin' other than that .

As an example .... me and Trek315 have been online friends for many months .. and still have a good time on the phone ... and its genuine ..... no smoke screens ... no fake persona ... it was the same man Ive known ... Joe LOL .

If he comes to this thread .. and posts somethin' .... he'd back up my claim LOL

We live in an age where technology .. whether its cells/pcs .....are used practically every moment of the day . So ... it wouldnt be odd to make some sort of connection .

All id have to say .. is .. to be careful .. and actually knw what ur getting urself into .... online/ LDR are VERY HARD .. take ur time ..... like im doing .... and one of u in the relationship is gonna have to make the huge sacrifice of moving .... in my case ... its me LOL .

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I met my EX online. we met and lived together for 4 years.

It can work but I have had many that did not. Mainly because they lied online. Said they look a certain way and they didn't or said they had a certain job and didn't.. so on and so forth.

Beware of people who tell you one thing but aren't anything like they have described!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Okay Steve-o, I'll back you up this time - lol. No, it's true, the internet is simply another means of connection and communication. Be careful what you do with it, be smart, and go with your instincts. Yes, indeed, friends like Steve are out there and perhaps, for some, a future wife, husband, or significant other.

The internet does have the illusion of safety (you can't see or hear the other person unless you're chatting and camming and even then, you're still at a distance) and yet can seem quite intimate at the same time. These factors can be very appealing and perhaps can be used as a springboard to something more, however, once again, caution is always advised.

In the end, I believe love can be found in many, many ways - the internet just happens to be the newest.

Edited to say that this reply should obviously have been to Steve-o - sorry elevated I deserved a good :bash:

[edit on 9/7/2008 by trek315]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I know it is very much possible. It's a meditation in trust, vulnerability, communication, and so much more. It can tear at the heart being apart, however it can exercise the love on a daily basis.

Infusing healthy measures of patience, intention, and vision...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

Hey givenmay nice avatar, I've got those pictures.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
As much as I laugh, shake my head and guffaw at people attempting to find love on the net...it actually happened to me.

Over a year ago now I met my current gent (and likely my last
) on a video streaming site in canada (now defunct but with a US site).

I was very skeptical, however we chatted online for several months and met last summer and it was bizarre! I don't fall into the belief of love at first sight but that's truly what it was. Warm, genuine, true to his word and everything he said he was and then some. I went back home (he was in Ontario and I visited for 10 days with friends and met him there) a few months later and 1000's of hours on the phone he moved to Vancouver. That was almost a year ago.

We get along so well it's creepy. I adore him and his faults and he me and mine

Alot of it has to do with expectations and a firm belief on both of our parts that honesty is the ONLY policy. That and neither of us were intentionally seeking "dates". It just happened.

We hear of other people meeting on line and we can't help but be very skeptical...the reason is that most are out there seeking and/or hoping to be found. We really weren't.

It can happen and like one poster said already where ever you find love take it and enjoy it!!

It was easy talking online too. Then on the phone before and after meeting personally...just be honest and demand the same.

We were very relaxed about it too...no expectations, just an enjoyment of each other...same as now. We've co-habitated wonderfully for almost 12 months and I can't help but think fate had more than a little to do with it.

Good things can come of it but don't expect too much. Be safe and enjoy meeting new people

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I am so rapt for all the amazing stories and replys in general..
Love can come knocking at the least expected time, looking for it, or not I guess, but hearing the ones who have had the positive experience..my hat is off to you..you have shown courage, and true strengh..thanks so much for sharing..
Anyone else who feels brave enough to share..please do, it would be welcome..neg or pos..

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Kind of busy right now can't say much, but I'll quickly say that I know lot of people who met people online, through a friend of a friend etc on msn etc, or through places like bebo, myspace etc etc

Etc etc lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join