It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Distinct Memory From When I Was 3-4

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I lived in Havanna, Cuba untill the age of 4, so this event occured before i left Cuba...

I remember being in a secluded feild with a lot of tree's down in Cuba one day with 2 cousins. I remember my older cousin said something about climbing trees like "When i was young i always climbed these trees", and i remember i tried to 'think backwards' and remember a flashy-type feeling/vision and i saw 'myself' as an older person with black hair(i was blonde and still am), and i rememeber when that vision came to me i blurted out "when i was older...." and then my cousins started laughing

but it felt like i was older at one point

now, i remember very few things about when i lived in Cuba... so why would this stick out so vividly?

peace

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
perhaps you are seeing a past life, or even your future self. Anything is possible.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I remember quite a few things from when I was a child. The earliest I think was when I was about 18 months old. I was in a pram (thats how I old I am
) which was being manoeuvered down the step of the family house. I can still feel the feeling as I expected the pram to fall backwards and take me with it.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I have distinct memories from 18 months that I have been able to confirm with my mother and siblings. I've not run into many people that remember before the age of three.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
See, here's the thing...it's nigh-impossible to remember things before three. Hate to burst your bubble all, but at five, everyone's brain changes rather drastically, rendering most, if not all, of your memories to nothingness.

However, children are known for their ability to fantasize. Tell a child "We used to take you out for walks at age X" and he'll fantasize about it. Fantasize enough, and voila...instant memory.

DE

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
i can remember something from when i was 8 months old - my aunt spilled boiling water on me!!!!

It was so tramatic that I remember it to this day...

as for the vision - could it have been you imagination???

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
the fact that i was thinking in terms like that is strange itself, i was only 3!

I distinctly remember my thought patterns of the moment. I probably should have explained it more in my original post, but i remember at the moment i thought of it, it felt pretty damn real and i was snapped back out of the 'illusion' or 'vision' by my cousins laughter...

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

See, here's the thing...it's nigh-impossible to remember things before three. Hate to burst your bubble all, but at five, everyone's brain changes rather drastically, rendering most, if not all, of your memories to nothingness.

Then consider me a "nigh." I remember the night of my third birthday. I remember the party, the dress I was wearing.
I also remember mornings in my crib when I was quite young. Nothing extraordinary happening; I just recall being there.

[edit on 19-6-2004 by cjane]

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
It seems to me I remeber something like this from one of my psychology classes. . .I'll have to check my books. . .
Of course I might be confusing my Psyc class with the movie '12 Monkeys'. . . I'll check it out. . .

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I have a memory of being in a convertable, playing with the radio and being handed a mint.. you know those.. softish red and white christmas mints..

I always thout it was one of my moms bf's but when I mention it to her she said the only person who had a convertable was my dad

he died when i was two though...

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
DE

Thats incorrect, I have a very vivid memory of when I was 2 years old and thats not a lie. Of course I do have a very good memory and im able to recall lots of things just from quick glimpses.

EDIT: of course you did say most of your memories, these memories are all fear associations so that may be the reason.

[edit on 20-6-2004 by thedarkprojekt]

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I have a memory of being about 2 years old (summers of 1973) and out for a ride in the stroller with my sister. At some point my dad's car pulled up (the family was going for a picnic) and my sister picked me up out of the stroller and handed me to my dad through the car window. I still remember the driving wheel with the distinctive chrome circle inside it (my dad drove a '66 Rambler at that point).

I've found that the best way (for me at least) to unlock early memories is to lie down and listen to songs that really tie me to my childhood, either because my sisters and brothers used to listen to them back then, or it played on the car radio on road trips back then... for example, Gary Wright's "Dream Weaver" is very powerful for helping me unlock memories of when I was four or five.

Now for the strangest memory... I was five when I dreamt of being in a huge ballroom with huge windows... There were a lot of people, men wearing suits with knee-breeches and white silk socks, women with huge dresses. Then the scenery changed, and I was in a small dark cabinet, being held by two men because I had just come to from fainting... I was a servant girl wearing a grey dress. I was panting, my hand was on my chest, and I was telling the men I was OK.

From what I read later on, such a scene would've fit with Europe (either France or Austria) circa 1775-1780. I've tried to remember if I had previously seen (I was five!) a movie or read a book with images about Mozart or something. But why would a five-year-old have such memories of fainting?

And why would a five-year-old BOY dream about being a woman?

[edit on 20-6-2004 by Otts]

new topics

top topics

join