It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm getting sick of these election topics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
They're always about someone bashing Obama or Mccain or someone bashing Palin or saying she's good or about something she's said. Can we just get back to posting about conspiracy theories here? I know it'll be like this for a while but let's remember why we are here. This is not a news forum. I don't like seeing people take sides. I like it better when we talk about politics from a conspiratorial angle. I also think a rule should be made about avatars to refrain from using party propaganda with them. ATS is a website for conspiracies... this isn't a news forum here.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Look, I kind of agree, but I don't.

I live in New Zealand, and I have to tell you, the US election this year is far more exciting than even our local one.

The permutations within the US Presidential and VP nominations are wonderful, and quite unprecedented.

For the past six years, America has established itself as a bully, a liability, and shows the traits of a weakening fighter.

It had one good year where everyone wanted to be their friend... then it turned to custard.

Look, I think America is fantastic, so my opinion is that whomever wins the next election has to accomplish one of the biggest - no, probably The Biggest ever - rebranding campaign in human history. Notable for the fact that it has to work, and it has to be effective among all racial groups.

Yes, there is childish bickering and, quite frankly, embarrassing rhetoric being thrown about the site, but it's fascinating.

Fascinating because this website -with its (assuming) higher than average IQ, has descended into the sort of ranting you hear at a corner bar after a few of the patrons has had one too many pinot noir's on an empty stomach.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Gunter

That's an interesting take on it. Here in the USA we get bombarded by coverage of the elections. I see coverage of the elections on TV and I hear it all the time on the radio. When I see a topic of the coverage on ATS it reminds me of people talking on the radio talk shows I listen to. I just don't like the threads at times because sometimes they'll resort to name-calling and I think that that's the only thing that I have problems with. I don't like it when people resort to name-calling. Examples of name-calling: calling Obama an elitest, or, saying that John Mccain is a neocon. In order to have intelligent discussion here on ATS I recommend that we at least make it against the rules to name-call when we have political discussions (name-calling that is degrading in character, intentionally meant to rouse someone over to one party over the other). If you wish to argue for your party than I would really like it be done without name-calling. I hope you understand what I'm saying.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I understand what you are saying. I am from Norway, but for a while I tried to follow some of the political threads to learn more about the candidates and the election. I gave up. I just couldn't take all the hateful posts and comments anymore. It was too depressing.
Now I just stay away from those threads completely.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I agree. Conspiracy-Theory states that the whole extreme political polarization and time wasted on it is itself a sham...still we have many supporting the ignorance.

BUT: The only way to counter stuff you dont like is by not countering it...not clicking on those threads:

How you can improve Quality on ATS

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I don't think it is the topic, as much as people's approach to discussing it.

There are conspiratorial elements at work here, but with all the bluster and partisan posting, they get lost.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
I don't think it is the topic, as much as people's approach to discussing it.

There are conspiratorial elements at work here, but with all the bluster and partisan posting, they get lost.

Very true. Ive noticed how some of the people posting here sound nothing like the democrats and republicans I personally know in my everyday life. Instead they sound like rapid-gunfire propagandists and agent provocateurs.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Great thread, this is not a board for politics really but for conspiracies. I was sick of this election, last june 2007, it is boring already.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Yeah i completely agree, for example the oft quoted error that has Obama as a Muslim.. when it's been often proved that he's a Christian. Denying ignorance isn't actually going to happen if all that occurs is oft repeated errors.

Oh and i'm getting sick of Politics haha!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I gave up reading any of the political threads, its just a mess. At least you expect craziness in the religious forums. The other thing, I may be new, but isnt the heading "Alternative Breaking News"? All I ever see on there is Obama this or Palin that. This isnt alternative is it? Maybe a new forum for Breaking News, then those that want to post everything they take off Drudge will have a place to put it.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
[project eagle]BURN THE POLLS YE SONS OF FREEDOM![/project eagle]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
this is a wag the dog election. it is not who is running for and winning the presidency of the us it is about www.abovetopsecret.com...

and the lisbon treaty. it is about who's line will win.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If you don't like the political threads, why are you reading them? I don't particularly like the threads about weapons or Secret Societies, so I don't read them. If you think a political conspiracy is a good topic, then start a thread!

Besides, the US is 2 months away from probably the most important election in 30 years or more. It's GOING to be discussed.

As far as the avatars, there are rules for avatar content. People are fairly free to choose their content. Some people are offended at half naked women. Some are offended by scary weapons. If ATS tried to please all the people with avatar content... well, they might as well disallow avatars.

Breaking Alternative News is a news forum.
Breaking Political News is a news forum.
There is news all over this forum.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Besides, the US is 2 months away from probably the most important election in 30 years or more. It's GOING to be discussed.

Excuse me, you forgot to put "election" in quotation marks. As previously as thusly:

"election."

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I love politics because you can made them informative and actually educational, but like you said lately is been some provocateurs that will get all over you and even follow you on other threads to instigate to get a reaction.

Can we just ban those that do that? if their joining day is obviously recently?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Breaking Alternative News is a news forum.
Breaking Political News is a news forum.
There is news all over this forum.

Maybe part of the problem is that a lot of stuff that belongs in Breaking Political News goes to Breaking Alternative News.

My understanding, which may be wrong, is that breaking alt news is for the kind of stuff that ATS specializes in - UFOs, NWO, 9/11 conspiracy, etcetera. Not for any news that members find interesting - that belongs in Breaking Political News if it's political, or BelowTopSecret's breaking news forum if it's just interesting.

It can be very frustrating to try to find the stories that I'm here for (things that make sure I'm aware of more than what the Yahoo! News headlines want me to know) when the news and general conspiracy forums are packed full of the same headlines I get from Yahoo!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Gunter
the US election this year is far more exciting than even our local one

It used to be. My interest died when Biden and Palin were picked. Now it's a bore.

I agree with the general message that there are too many election threads here. This is ATS, conspiracy land, or so I thought.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Gunter

I wish more people in this country would read your post.

If anything, they could learn from its tone.

Wish us luck.

With respect to the subject of this thread: Yeah, but for the most part it's temporary and as BH suggests you can still largely avoid them.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Humans have short attention spans. It will end soon. In the meantime use your superior intellect to read thread titles and avoid those that do not interest you.

new topics

top topics

join