It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindy McCain's $300,000 Outfit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Vanity Fair

Laura Bush
Oscar de la Renta suit: $2,500
Stuart Weitzman heels: $325
Pearl stud earrings: $600–$1,500
Total: Between $3,425 and $4,325

Cindy McCain
Oscar de la Renta dress: $3,000
Chanel J12 White Ceramic Watch: $4,500
Three-carat diamond earrings: $280,000
Four-strand pearl necklace: $11,000–$25,000
Shoes, designer unknown: $600
Total: Between $299,100 and $313,100

That's right folks, most people's mortgages were hanging from the ears of Banana Lady, er um Cyndi McCain at the opening night of the convention. This wasn't counting the (what I assume to be Rhinestone or Diamond encrusted) USMC and Navy pins, done in totally tasteless fashion. You know, I could have built a dress like that for 45$, and I don't know how to sew!

You know, there is some nerve, that in the time of a recession (potential recession) for her to wear something like that. Then to have Palin last night belittle community organizers and virtually call them worthless.

That's fine, republicans, but you can no longer use the term "elitist", mmmkay?

[edit on 4-9-2008 by TruthWithin]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

Don't you have to depreciate the plastic surgery?
That smile don't come on the cheap you know.
Some prorating is required in your figures.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

So lets tack on another 15k. That sounds about right. This is disgusting.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
You know, I don't really blame her for the money she spends on clothes, I blame her for having horrible taste! God that stuff is gawdy! How tightly wound does a woman have to be to think those outfits look good? Those outfits say "I haven't had sex since the Carter administration".

Peace

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

We're bad bad people.
But that's what's what it's come to.
Yikes.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
That's right, Go get'em. How dare anyone have more than you!!

If non-rich people made a habit of this "eat the rich" garbage both parties would be obliterated and suddenly we'd all have to make up the 65% tax hole left in the budget.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Of course, the Vanity Fair piece concludes with:

(All prices except Laura’s shoes and Cindy’s watch are estimates, and the jewelry prices are based on the assumption that the pieces are real.)

That's some hard hitting journalism.

link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Oooooh, not that mental image scorched into my cornea.
Old people sex!
Serves us right for being on this thread.

link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yeah, you know what though? After the Nazi Rally, er um...Gun Club Meeting, er um...Testosterone Festival (Drill baby, Drill - USA USA USA!), er um...Republican National Convention, the gloves are off. it's time we start exposing these monsters for who they really are.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Ok, but they don't really need our help.

They're pretty open about it.

link   
reply to post by loam

You're right, because Vanity Fair hasn't made their legacy on estimating the value of fashion (even really TACKY fashion)! That would be like saying don't trust Warren Buffett on stocks because his predictions are only estimates.

link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
the (what I assume to be Rhinestone or Diamond encrusted) USMC and Navy pins, done in totally tasteless fashion. You know, I could have built a dress like that for 45$, and I don't know how to sew!

Great! The Fashion Police of conspiracy underworld have arrived. What do you think about the outfit that Lee Harvey Oswald is wearing in this photo? The shirt was obviously not fitted. It looks like a common off-the-shelf t-shirt.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Captain Obvious]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Alright, we're having a little fun.
It doesn't have to be drill drill all day you know.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain Obvious

No, more like the "Why the F%&% would you wear $280,00 ear rings during a campaign that touts fiscal conservatism" police. It just so happens her outfit was ugly too.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Eat your heart out Nancy Reagan. There's a new diva in town!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

No, dude, it's called taste. It is BAD taste to run around yelling about how bad the economy is, and how Fiscally Conservative the republicans are and how "down to earth, good people" the McCains are when his wife is wearing that garbage. Wear that crap to your fundraisers if you want, not in front of American's who are trying to figure out why they don;t have a house any more.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

What's with the collar? What the hell is that???? Like some kind of freakin' wizard outfit or something!

Peace

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

No, dude, it's called taste. It is BAD taste to run around yelling about how bad the economy is, and how Fiscally Conservative the republicans are and how "down to earth, good people" the McCains are when his wife is wearing that garbage. Wear that crap to your fundraisers if you want, not in front of American's who are trying to figure out why they don;t have a house any more.

I assume the same standard applies to Michelle Obama?

Michelle Obama's blue dress by Maria Pinto draws fashion raves

Michelle's blue dress was designed by Maria Pinto, a Chicago-native designer (formerly assistant to Geoffrey Beene) made good. Wisely banking on all the presidential publicity, she's opened a store in Chicago's West Loop this month. Maria has worked with the potential first lady for some time. She also designed that hot purple sleeveless sheath (accessorized with an Azzedine Alaia belt) that Michelle wore when Barack announced his candidacy.

I note with interest Maria Pinto isn't selling her clothing line in Wal-mart or Target.

(Neither is the Azzedine Alaia belt.)

These threads crack me up.

EDIT:

reply to post by loam

You're right, because Vanity Fair hasn't made their legacy on estimating the value of fashion (even really TACKY fashion)! That would be like saying don't trust Warren Buffett on stocks because his predictions are only estimates.

So how meaningful is an assumption?

You convert it into fact because it suits your position.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
LOL! Now the libs are fashion critics?!!! This is getting really good!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Vanity Fair

Laura Bush
Oscar de la Renta suit: $2,500
Stuart Weitzman heels: $325
Pearl stud earrings: $600–$1,500
Total: Between $3,425 and $4,325

Cindy McCain
Oscar de la Renta dress: $3,000
Chanel J12 White Ceramic Watch: $4,500
Three-carat diamond earrings: $280,000
Four-strand pearl necklace: $11,000–$25,000
Shoes, designer unknown: $600
Total: Between $299,100 and $313,100

That's right folks, most people's mortgages were hanging from the ears of Banana Lady, er um Cyndi McCain at the opening night of the convention. This wasn't counting the (what I assume to be Rhinestone or Diamond encrusted) USMC and Navy pins, done in totally tasteless fashion. You know, I could have built a dress like that for 45$, and I don't know how to sew!

You know, there is some nerve, that in the time of a recession (potential recession) for her to wear something like that. Then to have Palin last night belittle community organizers and virtually call them worthless.

That's fine, republicans, but you can no longer use the term "elitist", mmmkay?

To be perfectly honest with you my friend: "SO WHAT!"

That's all I have to say on this. It has NOTHING to do with politics or John McCain. She is wealthy and owns her own business.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join