It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC State Roll Call Ignores votes for Ron Paul 9/3/08

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Last Night After Gov. Palins speech, the roll coll of states was conducted to determine the tally for the Nomination of Republican Party Candidate for President.

Each state is called upon by a secretary, a representative from the state, takes the microphone and says something like 'My Great state of ___ , the home of the Worlds biggest Ball of String, is proud to cast 28 votes for John Mc Cain." Then the recording secretary says"----state-28 votes John McCain."

But 5 states had a split delegation.

First up was Alaska, 24 votes for McCain and 5 for Ron Paul. The recording secretary, repeated it back saying ONLY "Alaska, 24 votes for McCain."

Then it was Oregon, "26 votes for McCain and 4 votes for Ron Paul." Again the recording secretary ignored Paul and only repeated,"Oregon-26 votes for McCain".

At this point I thought well maybe they only want to emphasize McCain, to rally the troops, but this happened.....

"Utah 2 votes for Mitt Romney, 34 votes for John McCain." The recording secretary repeated "Utah, two votes for Romney, 34 votes for McCain".

Washington State said "36 votes for John McCain, 4 votes for Ron Paul"
Recording Secretary repeated only, "Washington 36 votes for John McCain".

Then the worst one of all,

West Virginia said, "2 votes for Dr. Paul, 28 votes for McCain".
Recording Secretary said, "What, I can't hear you, what? OK West Virginia-30 votes for McCain"

The tally was then added up and they said they had only 5 votes for Ron Paul, two for Romney and the rest for McCain. the Chairman asked If there was any comments from the delegation, "Do to the delegates agree?A Ron Paul Delegate in the back called out "NO!". Then the Chairman said, "hearing no objection we will record these numbers." Ron Paul Had 15 votes!!

All the people who spent thousand of dollars, hours and sleepless nights and tiresome days campaigning for Ron Paul were disrespected and worse ignored by the GOP. Ron Paul earned more delegates and votes (1.2 million) than both Thompson and Giuliani, but was not even invited to attend, much less speak, at their Convention of War Mongering and Lies.

The true tally reported by each state can be found at this link:
www.thegreenpapers.com...

[edit on 9/4/2008 by Missing Blue Sky]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Oh I forgot to mention, after this vote, there was a call from the floor to make the count a unanimous vote for McCain!! Which the ayes had it and so it is, welcome to the brave new Amerika!!

[edit on 9/4/2008 by Missing Blue Sky]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Seriously wtf. I could let it slide if they were just announcing thw winninf votes. That's fine. But that 2 votes for Romney bit.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I had run as a delegate here for Paul in Illinois and did not win, so I really wanted to be there, but if I had been there I would probably have been hauled out of there by security. I was so mad last night, it was so Stalinesque or even Sadaam Hussein like. Only a dictatorship would try to manipulate the votes this way. It was so UnAmerican!!! It would not have hurt anything to just read the votes as they can in.

15 votes out of a couple thousand many sound like a moot point, but it is important to record the truth.

They must really be threatened by Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
They must really be threatened by Ron Paul.

Clearly. Ron Paul has been a Republican Congressman for over two decades yet he is not included in the convention. He's told he can pick-up his credentials at the gate, can bring no one with him and must return his credentials when he leaves. How many other Republican Congresspeople are being treated the same way? Some government we've got. And the vote counting... how can anyone possibly defend that?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This is sicking.

This Great country has fallen so far from what it was. It exclude him from this is just wrong and should be a clear message to the people of this country to wake up.

If i was Ron, i would drop the Republican party so fast, and then run as an independent.

Zint

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is clear bully tactics and an attempt to not only silence him, but to have him erased from the minds, thoughts and memories of all who have heard him. They are trying to 'disappear' him.

All you American's need to stop this by writing in your vote on the ballot. Use a post-it note if you have to, draw it in with permanent markers. Anything to stop the PTB from making a mockery of this man.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zintac
This is sicking.

This Great country has fallen so far from what it was. It exclude him from this is just wrong and should be a clear message to the people of this country to wake up.

If i was Ron, i would drop the Republican party so fast, and then run as an independent.

Zint

There is a very real and understandable reason he doesn't want to do this. Because he would not have gotten even the few spots on TV that he did during the initial campaigning. He even admitted that this is pretty much why he runs as a republican. He says in his personal life he is independent.

That is what is wrong with this government. They have a stranglehold on a two party system and anyone else cannot play.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Ron Paul IS my President and I WILL be writing him in on my ballot. I will also be taking a digital photograph of my vote.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I feel dirty quoting the new Star Wars Trilogy... but it's actually quite appropriate.

So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause.

We must take back what is rightfully ours before it is too late.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by eNumbra]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
"Write him in", "Vote for him", "Need to do something before its to late"...

Ya its all good if this was 4 yrs ago.. YA SEE THO!!!, we have been whipped hard by the man so therefor since we don't do nothing we get what we deserve.

4 yrs ago, 8 yrs ago.. we yelled the elections were rigged.. So do you really think your vote for Ron Paul would really count for anything? I think not.. here is a quote for you..

"He who votes decides nothing, He who counts the votes decides everything."

Remember now.. There is no paper trail to anything you voted for, therefor if you vote for RP then you might as well not have voted at all.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It sadens me and angers me that my children and grandchildren may live in a world where the freedoms that I had (or thought I had) in this country are swept away along with any chance to become strong, productive, independant people.

I have watched as Ron Paul was ridiculed and then ignored (whether positively or negatively) so that his name and message would be out of the minds of the public.

They are afraid. Just as they are afraid all the time. They have their castles made of sand adn their fortunes made from the blood of others, and they will guard them vigorously.

Our country is now run by bullies that tromp about the school yard, "Give me your candy, or I will beat you".

They spend more money, effort and the blood of the people taking what is not theirs than would be required if we were allowed to cooperate with others instead. But they only know how to bully and extort.

How can the voice of reason sound out loudly through the thick boggy night and reach the ears of the sleeping prey? How will the hyena be deterred from his sleeping prey? We are lulled into sleep by the snake and devoured by the hyena.

Want to reduce carbon? Stop making junk and selling it to our youth. But in this new world, the slave does not know he is a slave. He attributes his addictions to his own nature. he enjoys his propaganda feedings regularly in all it's forms. He has even learned to believe that he wants it, yes, needs it.

Cry, cry out loud and do not stop! Cry for yourselves and for your children and gradchildren! Cry out for those that have been oppressed and destroyed in our name throughout the world! Let them know we do not give them persmission to use our name to enslave us and the world for their profit.

Clyde, IN, USA

top topics

join