It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Israel's decisions must be made in Jerusalem, not D.C.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Biden: Israel's decisions must be made in Jerusalem, not D.C.

www.haaretz.com

Israel must remain a strong ally of the United States, however its decisions "must be made in Jerusalem", said Delaware Senator and Democratic Party Vice Presidential nominee Joseph Biden during a teleconference held with members of the Jewish press on Wednesday.

Biden also expressed his support of Israel's right to protect itself, saying, "Israel has the right to defend itself and it doesn't have to ask, just as any other free and independent country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Is biden saying that if israel wants to attack iran, they should be able to without consent of the U.S.?

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
They do not need the consent of the US to attack Iran.....I just hope they show a little restraint on this issue for a while.....but if suicide is what they have in mind then its their ass not mine.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I find it ironic that just a few days ago, Biden was attempting to control Israel through Washington by saying "Israel must accept a nuclear Iran." Summer is over, but apparently the flip-flops are still in fashion.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone Collector
They do not need the consent of the US to attack Iran.....I just hope they show a little restraint on this issue for a while.....but if suicide is what they have in mind then its their ass not mine.

If israel attacks iran, trust me, its everyones ass

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther

Originally posted by Bone Collector

If israel attacks iran, trust me, its everyones ass

Thats OK I have often wondered how I would look glowing in the dark?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
I find it ironic that just a few days ago, Biden was attempting to control Israel through Washington by saying "Israel must accept a nuclear Iran."

Except that, as reported in the thread, he never actually said it - though he should have.

Now if we could only get old Joe to say that the US's foreign policy decisions should be made in Washington, and not Jerusalem, that would be a real revelation

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If Israel will choose to attack Iran's nuclear facilities - it will need US permission, at least in order to get there (through Iraq?). And refueling issues... Add Iranian response, probably not only addressed at Israel but toward US assets that opened to Israel their airspace - so US will need to know in advance. And since it gives a lot of money to Israel - no really independent Israeli action can happen. If US says - no way , it is not going to happen.
And this brings me to the following:

Now if we could only get old Joe to say that the US's foreign policy decisions should be made in Washington, and not Jerusalem, that would be a real revelation

US can force political/diplomatical/even economical decisions on Israel. Israel can influence US political/diplomatic/economical decisions. Big difference. So to say that US policy is made in Israel is a little (big,actually) exaggeration. As i said previously in another thread - i am willing to bet that if Israel will get F-22 first among US allies - i am wrong on this. If not - I am correct.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Israel has a massive hold on US policy through AIPAC and the "Christian Zionist" crowd. Fortunately however, they don't have as much sway over the military as they do over elected officials - and thus if they get F-22 it will be over the objections (and probably resignations) of a lot of the USAF's top brass.

Experience shows that anything we sell to Israel will be delivered to the Chinese for reverse-engineering shortly thereafter. Hence the USAF's objections. If anyone gets F-22 it will be Japan - just like they got Aegis first.

They've got the money, and they're one ally (unlike Israel) who don't backstab us habitually.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Well while I feel that Biden has said the first intelligent thing since h was "chosen" for Democratic VP, I will take his words with a lot of care.

After all you know that he moved to the dark side with the MNBA and the bankruptcy bill after getting donations for campaign.

So with all the money that the APAC and Christian Zionist I can not let go if he will allow more donations this time to change his views of Israel.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Ha! That is the second time today on this site I have been caught off gaurd and laughed aloud. Thank you. (and I mean this - I am still smiling) "If only If only I only"...Biden is vastly superior in terms of foreign policy and most other beltway functions than his "challenger", but he too is entrenched in the old ways of politics...I like him, but there is something smarmy about all his "I'm so intelligent" comments. Also, to deny at least the existence of, if not the real influence of Israel on US politics is to be ignorant of the reality (not saying this to you).

Woolly Bully

ColoradoJens

[edit on 4-9-2008 by ColoradoJens]

top topics

join