It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama might pursue criminal charges against Bush

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

So he just get's away with it?

Well this sets a wonderful precedent, it tells all future presidents they have the right to kill whoever the heck they like, tread on any international law, lie to their people, and pretty much throw the peoples rights out the window... and nobody's gonna do squat about it.

... just as long as your intern isn't under your desk.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

I'm actually voting for Bob Barr on principle and while I am not 100% on the idea that the average American couldn't handle another "choice", I think the best idea would be to get them to vote almost EVERY incumbent out, period. Get a buncha piss n vinegar Mr. Smith types who would tell lobbyists to pound sand and actually REPRESENT their constituents in there, man! Somewhere here on ATS someone had posted how politicians are profiting from the War and it is positively shameful. It's very much like listening to Dominionist Christians and those who believe in the Rapture. They consider themselves apart and different from humanity at large. They are not accountable for their actions or one of US as they're gettin' beamed up and are holy, or, in the case of politicians, they are not beholden to the laws they create. A Senator can have sex with a 12 year old in a School Zone while smoking crack and selling a kilo of Meth out of his trunk and...nothing.

We have let the lunatics take over the asylum and voting is like attacking the asylum with a hedgehog- doesn't do a lot of good.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Wow, Obama is only gasping for air after the Palin speech and now he utters something that he thinks SOME people will want to hear, but they've already heard it, over and over again
Is this the best he can do?

His own website is on the defensive trying to explain just what a community organizer does.

Why Organizing in Local Communities Matters
Last night, the Republicans cynically mocked Barack Obama's work as a community organizer on the South Side of Chicago -- and in doing so, they attacked the concept of bottom-up change that has been the core of this campaign. "He worked as a community organizer. What?" said Rudy Giuliani. David Plouffe has already made it clear for those who don't know: "Community organizing is how ordinary people respond to out-of-touch politicians and their failed…

Looks like that Palin torpedo really hit that Obama ship head on.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

This is where all America's MSM, congressional hearings, and NATO should focus all of their attention... ON BUSHES CRIMES!!!

The Republicans are trying to sneek him and Cheney out the back door as their illegal mistakes continue to consume billions of dollars and thousands of lives with no end in sight.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Keyword "might" translates into "we won't"

Investigations and criminal charges are used in election campaigns to attract votes. Obama has no intention of pursuing the previous administration. President Ford famously said sending a President to jail would "damage the Presidency" - he is right. People would lose faith in the system.

btw, if he had the power, Obama would promise to bring back Jesus if it could get him votes.

Are you kidding me? It would damage the Presidency? The people would lose faith in the system?

Have you seen the approval ratings lately? Are you suggesting that if someone gets to be president they should be allowed to do whatever they want, without risk of punishment?

I don't know what reality you come from, but in mine it is the fact nothing has been done and the fact that both sides seem to support the exact same things that has caused me to lose faith. The only thing that could even begin to restore my faith in the system is if these people were put in jail and treated like ordinary citizens.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The Presidency should be damaged. It's too powerful relative to the other branches of government.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Obama won't do a thing, they said the same thing about Pelosi and you see where that went
Obama will run with the additional power that Bush put in the executive branch.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by yellowcard]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Live2Love2Live
I would applaude the decision, should charges be filed against G.W.Bush along with Cheney, Condi, Rumsfeld and others.

I was under the impression, that a bill had already been approved and signed by the senate. Hidden in that bill, was a "get out'a jail for free" clause. In essence it pardons the President and his aids, of any wrongdoing, illigal and even acts of treason against the american people.

Am I wrong.?

I would like to hear from someone who knows.

Peace & Love

There wasn't a bill passed recently because the President is already protected from being charged with crimes committed while in office. To be charged, he'd have to be impeached, and he won't be in office that long.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Distractions4Nothing
The Presidency should be damaged. It's too powerful relative to the other branches of government.

I really don't know where you get this from.

First, from the beginning, the people of the United States holds the real power.

If you are a registered voter, you DO hold the power to cast a ballot for candidate of your choice.

The American people, on the most part, are quick to critisize our elected officials for the conditions of the nation, when in reality, it's the peoples choice to put these people into positions that make decisions for you.

Second, there are 435 Represntatives and 100 senators that are elected to Congress by the PEOPLE. They are the ones who write and approve bills to be signed into law. They are the ones who can override presidential decisions and vetoes. They are they ones who are really responsible for the condition of the nation (whether good or bad).

Third, the real power that the President has is Commander of the Armed Forces. He can also propose a bill to Congress and vetoe a bill coming from Congress as well as sign it into law. He can appoint Supreme Court Judges (it's more like recommend, Congress approves them).

I hate to disappoint anyone, but the president is very limited in his powers. He's more or less a symbol in the world. A Head of State. A high propfiled diplomat and really nothing more.

Obama said that anyone seeking the office of the president is an "egomaniac".

I beg to differ. I say that anyone seeking to be the President of the United States is NUTS.

[edit on 5/9/08 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet
Didn't the Dems promise this back in 2006, and they didn't follow through? Guess it doesn't matter. Your typical liberal has the memory of a paramecium anyways.

Uh, I take it you don't remember Nancy Pelosi, immediately after the democratic victory in 2006, saying, "impeachment is off the table?"

Paramedium apparently have better memories than you.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think this is the best idea I have heard all day.

Good luck extraditing him from Paraguay.

The Israeli's has success in tracking down war criminals in South America, so anything is possible.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Obama just might ascend into heaven next week too, but I sure wouldn't count on it.

They will do nothing at all. They would not want to set the precedent of going after a former President. After all, where would it end?

Biden is all talk, and plageirism, and hasn't had an original idea in the last 30 years

Palin will clean his clock in their debate. She will leave him in a whimpering puddle!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join