It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama might pursue criminal charges against Bush

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

www.guardian.co.uk

Biden's comments, first reported by ABC news, attracted little notice on a day dominated by the drama surrounding his Republican counterpart, Alaska governor Sarah Palin.

But his statements represent the Democrats' strongest vow so far this year to investigate alleged misdeeds committed during the Bush years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thesun.co.uk
www.thesun.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Sarah Palin's VP Selection Is A Trojan Horse

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Apparently the MSM didn't want to hear about this. I believe the MSM blacked out the news and played the RNC instead so everyone could see Palin speak. No one wanted to think about the Bush administration. There is a saying that's something like those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Here is what the press is doing. By focusing on Palin they are focusing the criticism on her and taking away the time from the real issues of the campaign and from what Barack says and they are allowing the Republicans to have a safety net from the Democrats.

I don't believe this is fair game. I do believe that unseen powers are at work in the media and they're trying to silence voices that want to speak out against the current totalitarian like regime that's in power. They chose to focus on something they think people would like to hear about, like, John Mccain chosing a women for Vice President. They don't want to make a big deal over what Obama says because they know people would learn about Bush's crimes and they'd start to despise Republicans more which is what they don't want to do.

When are people elsewhere in the USA going to wake up? The media is clearly focusing all of their attention on Palin… they’re trying to make the Presidential election more like a soap opera and take away from the limelight of the more important issues that elections need to be about (like rather than focusing on white, black, women, male issues they would be talking about how to fix the economic policy that we currently have). I think that more people should pay attention to what Barack Obama wants to do with this and where he will want to go with this when and if he’s elected. I think the media shouldn’t ignore what he has to say.

www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I would applaude the decision, should charges be filed against G.W.Bush along with Cheney, Condi, Rumsfeld and others.

I was under the impression, that a bill had already been approved and signed by the senate. Hidden in that bill, was a "get out'a jail for free" clause. In essence it pardons the President and his aids, of any wrongdoing, illigal and even acts of treason against the american people.

Am I wrong.?

I would like to hear from someone who knows.

Peace & Love

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I would applaude the decision, should charges be filed against G.W.Bush along with Cheney, Condi, Rumsfeld and others.

I was under the impression, that a bill had already been approved and signed by the senate. Hidden in that bill, was a "get out'a jail for free" clause. In essence it pardons the President and his aids, of any wrongdoing, illigal and even acts of treason against the american people.

Am I wrong.?

I would like to hear from someone who knows.

Peace & Love

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Keyword "might" translates into "we won't"

Investigations and criminal charges are used in election campaigns to attract votes. Obama has no intention of pursuing the previous administration. President Ford famously said sending a President to jail would "damage the Presidency" - he is right. People would lose faith in the system.

btw, if he had the power, Obama would promise to bring back Jesus if it could get him votes.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I don't agree.
I think sending a President to jail would give people even more faith in the system.
Showing that even the highest of high, will be held accountable for there actions. And that personal responsibility for ones actions is upon all people high and low.
I think it would be a good thing for any country really to hold there politicians accountable and prosecute and jail them for misdeeds like everyone else.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Didn't the Dems promise this back in 2006, and they didn't follow through? Guess it doesn't matter. Your typical liberal has the memory of a paramecium anyways.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I would doubt that would help those tortured and killed because of bush's actions.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It wouldn´t surprise me, in light of this new information, if Obama will be "assisted" from this mortal coil soon. Watch this space....

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet
Didn't the Dems promise this back in 2006, and they didn't follow through? Guess it doesn't matter. Your typical liberal has the memory of a paramecium anyways.

Well, this is a true statement. However, SOME did try to follow through on many occassions since. It's that the 'other' dems like Pelosi blocked these attempts. Yet another CLEAR sign that there are NOT two sides here people. It is NOT the dems vs. the republicans. That's what THEY want us to believe. I am seeing it more and more clearly. It's all a big joke and they really don't care who wins just as long as it is McCain or Obama. They would be shocked and awed (hmmm, where did I hear that before?) if someone like Ron Paul were to sneak in with enough support.

There are still those within the senate and house that ARE for the people. We just like to call them nut jobs and crackpots like Kucinich.

Every time someone with moral fiber comes out against the machine the MSM shreds them and the people of this country jump on the band wagon. They are playing us all like a fiddle.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Boo Hoo, Obama didn't get all the attention for once. Take thumb, place in mouth and cuddle blankey.

How is placating to the angry left going to get him independant votes anyhow? He is barking up the wrong tree and wasting media opportunities with this far left hate talk.

Anyways Palin shredded Obama, and Biden should ask for his VP bid in writing, lol.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Obama is grandstanding and playing to the ultra-liberal crowd.

He won't do squat once in office towards GW as it kicks open the door for the prez following him to do the same to him. All presidents protect each other, for the sake of the office.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You might want to tell Clinton that ..

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

www.guardian.co.uk

Biden's comments, first reported by ABC news, attracted little notice on a day dominated by the drama surrounding his Republican counterpart, Alaska governor Sarah Palin.

But his statements represent the Democrats' strongest vow so far this year to investigate alleged misdeeds committed during the Bush years.

Related News Links:
www.thesun.co.uk
www.thesun.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Sarah Palin's VP Selection Is A Trojan Horse

Yeah, right.

The demoncrats in office now got there by promising to impeach the republiCONS. When are people going to realize both parties are in effect for the Hegelian dialect?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Precisely.

Just like Congress.

Too bad too. Had they actually made this a central and credible theme of their campaign, they might have gotten my vote.

EDIT:

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Obama is grandstanding and playing to the ultra-liberal crowd.

Just for the record, holding wrongdoers accountable is not a conservative/liberal thing...It's a justice thing...

Just sayin'...

[edit on 4-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

You're absolutely correct. The operative word is "might". One must ask: What's took him so long to get galvanized into action? all I can figure is that his campaigning for the last 18 months must have gotten in the way..

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

Oh? That would be just a distraction from Obama's criminal Chicago-Mob dealings with slum lord Rezko and Auchi, and all the rest of Obama's shady/probably crooked connections.

Keyword "might" translates into "we won't". Investigations and criminal charges are used in election campaigns to attract votes.

I fully agree.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Darius: I am in total agreement with you and just shake my head when I read a 20 page thread of what amounts to farts in the wind. When you ask Obamccain supporters what they think of the fact that a record number of voters have been stricken from the polls for '08, or what they think of the proven voter caging, computer fraud and corporate ownership of the counting and all you get is sheer denial. Mention that ,in 2004, there were 3,600,380 UNCOUNTED votes and that's about when they start folding a Tinfoil Hat for ya. And we're not even talking about how many were "purged" for no other reason than that they might not vote for Bush. Even if you show them that The Company Formerly Known As Diebold has come out and admitted that their tabulators eff up counts in such a way that it is undetectable, you can almost see the words echoing in the empty chasm of their caring. Here in Colorado, we have had the largest voter purge in our history and a number of states nationwide have done the same.

The fact that the PTB are not counting MILLIONS of votes seems to mean nothing. The fact that both parties have been bought and paid for and stand for the same damn thing doesn't even register.

It's still:"Dems suck" or "Republicans are to blame".

Typical divisive, Us and Them BS employed by the boys and girls who profit from keeping things as they are...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by leaderof theTFHbrigade
It's still:"Dems suck" or "Republicans are to blame".

Typical divisive, Us and Them BS employed by the boys and girls who profit from keeping things as they are...

Agreed... I say it's high time the States introduced a third party... to try them ALL for incompetence.

Problem is though. The US is addicted to the Us versus Them concept... I personally think more than two choices would be too much for the average yank to comprehend.

Right vs Wrong.
Us vs Them.
Dems vs Reps.
Patriots vs Freedom fighters.
Blacks and Whites.
With us or against us.

... because realizing there's other alternatives is just too much work.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I know everyones all jacked up but the idea has already been nixed.

latimes

top topics

<<   2 >>

join