It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's RNC Speech

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Just to throw in my 2 cents here, I'll ask a few questions that came to mind while watching Palin speak:

1. Why did she lie or at best stretch the truth so much?
2. Why did she spend so much time bashing her opponents with well scripted attacks instead of addressing real issues?

Furthermore, why didn't she write her own speech? Is she incapable?

I guess good looks and a nice smile don't matter much to me. I'd much prefer someone who is well educated and less of a rapture-ready religious nutcase.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JmanFIVEk

Very good. Pretty much all the points I wanted to, but didn't post. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I am not an American and am deeply puzzled by the slogan "Family Values" where can I read a list of what it means, or is it just a way to gauge a voters IQ. I challenge anyone who has ever opened their mouth and used that slogan to point me in the direction where I can find it in print. From what I see and read on USA TV if I were to guess what it means I would guess. 1- only be Republican, 2-own a hand gun, 3- believe in a multi party system as long as only your party ever wins, demonize Democrats, 4-be a radical evangelical, 5-hate gays and lesbians, 6- No school sex education, 7- No school science, 8- love wars, 9- pretend to care for people of colour. 10- support trickle down tax law, 11-blame poverty on the poor, 11- believe in a democracy where everyone is free to vote or be just like you, 12 only our morals have value others are free to have them as well, and a few more.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Well I'm back and hating Palin even more, especially when I read these articles that nail her speach EXACTLY as it is, completely irrelevant and nothing but attacks on the opponent, tell me, where did they actually offer anything regarding issues/policies/our future?

www.dailykos.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

again, she is nothing more than a pretty face, a woman who is being used by the GOP to try and make them look like the good guys because they went and chose a "woman" instead of the same old trick they always play which is "another old man" that will spout lies and rumors regarding the opponent

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
oops edit

[edit on 013030p://bFriday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaynardisGod
Well I'm back and hating Palin even more, especially when I read these articles that nail her speach EXACTLY as it is, completely irrelevant and nothing but attacks on the opponent, tell me, where did they actually offer anything regarding issues/policies/our future?

www.dailykos.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

again, she is nothing more than a pretty face, a woman who is being used by the GOP to try and make them look like the good guys because they went and chose a "woman" instead of the same old trick they always play which is "another old man" that will spout lies and rumors regarding the opponent

you could rely on more liberal, biased and convoluted opinion blogs as a news source if you tried, but you'd have to try really hard....

its the vp nom's job to attack the opponent, is this your first election?

every charge leveled at the obama campaign is true

she has more leadership experience than their prez nom!

the senate doesnt pay all that well, how is it that obama is a mutli millionaire?

the lottery?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
A last look at the speech that Palin gave that electrified the nation if not all of creation. People could get really offended by this or people could see it for what it is. I choose the first ammendment.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I thought I was the only one irritated by her nasal whine....it is a shame as it distracts from her actual message. It took me about 10 minutes into her speech to realize what was wrong:........ that the voice was like nails scraping down the chalk board and it was literally setting my teeth on edge!! That, and the fact that she is obviously so damned pleased with herself.....!!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join