learn more

Sarah Palin's RNC Speech

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
palin will use up the worlds supply of botox within a year if she keeps stuffing as much in her face as she did last night.

my god she could hardly crack a smile, i thought sly stallones botox was bad in Rambo 4. Palin just took it to another level.

You have proof she uses Botox? Reeealy?

So, because she is a pretty lady, you have to start lying that she is fake and not natural?

She could barely smile? You really need to get your eyes checked. She smiled nearly the entire time.

Seriously, the attacks on her naturally good looks is getting OLD and ridiculous. Debate something of worth.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

omfg proof? you must be able to see it lol

i have 2 friends who are beauty therapists who showed me what its all about. They get it for free and sometimes use it before we go out on the town.

I admit before they pointed it out i wouldnt have noticed. But now I notice evryone whos got it including sly in rambo 4 lol

Dont worry i'll be asking my friends to look at the footage of the speech to give me a pro opinion. Nothing escapes those girls when it comes to stuff like that.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
What I find most amazing is the amount of people who watched and are talking about Sarah Palin. Last night and this morning every news show is talking about her, every person I know scheduled their time to watch her speech. There wasn't one of my, fairly educated, friends or family who is not instantly in love with her. I agree that we don't have enough info on her political stance but what has happened in the past day is something I don't believe I have ever seen. It certainly didn't happen when Joe Biden gave his speech. The #'s show more people watched the Dems than the Republican's but I can't help but feel the entire country tuned in to watch Sarah Palin.

On Another note the more the media tries to destroy her, and they are, the more they will turn her into the underdog and everyone loves the underdog. Mcain made a brilliant political move.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1

I only saw one slip up from her during the speech.....she attacked her opponents and only mentioned them by name once.....

That's the thing...she seemed to have spent more time belittling Obama and making blatantly snide remarks (which I found to be very unbecoming) than she did outlining why she and John McCain are right for the job.

She spent more time outlining why Obama is wrong for the job then why McCain is right for it.

You know...at least at the DNC they made some endearing remarks about McCain and respected him. At the RNC all they are doing is Obama bashing.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

The first 15 minutes of Obama's acceptance speech were barbs and insults and complaints about John McCain. It's what politicians do. Some of her barbs were funny, some were snarky....she was doing what the VP pick is suppose to do.

My real point there was her playing the old political game referring to your opponent without ever mentioning their name....why give them free press?? Obama and Biden have enough of that.

Still, overall, a good speech that did what it was suppose to do.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

hey greeneyedleo, i just did a quick google search and came up with this. www.makemeheal.com...

Make Me Heal believes that Sarah Palin has likely gotten botox injections on her forehead, as well as fillers like Restylane on her crows’ feet to keep herself looking youthful. Moreover, it is possible that she has gotten some fillers to plump up her cheeks like Juvederm or Restylane, or quite even possibly a more permanent filler like Radiesse.

Yep i'm quite satisfied i'm right on this one. Its amazing how obvious it is when you know what to look for. The ladies can't fool me anymore

its IMPOSSIBLE to look like that naturally. When you smile your whole face moves. In Mrs Palins case her cheeks are rock solid. She also has that stretched shiny look botox gives you.

Another giveaway is when she went to hug people, watch how carefull she is with her face. Now you might think the girl is just looking after her makeup but in conjuction with the other signs its definitley injections.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

i'm neither republican nor democrat but this lady is about the most sensible possible leader any countries citizens could hope for-----she's too good to be true-----too ethical----i hope G-D protects her from the jealous nuts that might rather see her dead for fear of her turning their whole world upside down.
give her some power and she might try to get the washington elite to go to work and really try to earn their paychecks honestly----------for a change.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Preliminary Neislon numbers show that 37 million watched Sarah Palin speak.

Compared with Obama's 38 million, the republicans have a real star on their hands.

Obama, had the benefit of network media, CNN, MSNBC, and the Hollywood crowd.

Sarah Palin had the benefit of a bunch of Fox people.

Now I really know that people aren't voting for McCain, but they are voting for Palin.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
37,000,000 people watched Palin last night matching Obama"s speech. People are looking for change and she brings it.Keep attacking her please! lol

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dobsonion2

Yea it looks like the Obamessiah has some competition.

The Divine Obama vs the seemingly normal Palin

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
She was real and beautiful. She said what she needed to say. I didn't want the speech to end. I'm ready for more and will watch McCain speak tonight.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I've got another freebie:

Obama's people have it all wrong when they think it's a good idea to attack Palin on the experience front.

The electorate EXPECTS change this election cycle. It's why McCain and Obama are on their respective tickets.

So in this cycle, when you attack someone for not having the experience to be President, you immediately abandon your own 'outsider' status. Rather ironic, huh, coming from the Change Candidate?

Bad move in this environment.

You should be working for MSNBC.

Excellent point that none of the MSM seems to be talking about.

People want change. They thought Obama was change. Palin IS change.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm kind of 50/50 on the speech. What i found most bizarre was the lack of acknowledgement amongst every one there that the Republicans ran the country into the ground. From the way Palin was talking you would think that the democrats ran the country for the last 8 years.

I also got a chuckle out of her attack on the 'old boys club' - Ummm Sarah , you do know that you are now part of that club don't you. To funny!

Also i am very disappointed that the media has caved like a house of cards. Just because the Republicans told you to stop doesn't mean you should actually stop what you are doing, in fact you should probably dig a little deeper.

After having seen what 'Evangelical Reformers' are like here in Alberta, i have a hard time agreeing with any 'Reformer' - They are really just populist who use fear and emotional based arguments to achieve their ends, i really don't see a difference with Palin.

MSM - i know you really do suck but come on, a political party starts crying so you turtle, show some back bone you cowards.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

She spent more time outlining why Obama is wrong for the job then why McCain is right for it.

No, she did both equally well, as can be summarized by her closing about how some politicians use change to further their careers, while others use their careers to further change.

And just pointing out The One's weaknesses is not Obama bashing. It's just telling it like it is.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well, Well, Well....

ATS never fails to amaze....

You libs are a joke. On your side, you have the mantra of change...change...change...then, your guy pulls Joe "the mouth" Biden out of his back pocket for VP. An old washed up hack - who's run for President for what - the last 3 elections??? What has he gotten? 1% of the vote.

He is even more pathetic than your messiah - no-bama.

You guys have been running around with all the nonsense, complaints that washington is broken, bush is evil, cheney is evil ---soup line america, the war is lost, blah, blah, blah,

And then we have Sarah Palin....Young, good look'n, NRA life member, with a 13 year political history - your guy 143 days in the senate -

And in typical Lib form, you just attack, attack, attack - you through lefts, rights, kicks, insults BUT, you can't touch her. She is a pretty good pick.

You Libs would have been doing the same thing no matter who Mcain picked for VP.......

Enjoy yourselves....I love watching libs put your feet up your own rear ends.......

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATSOne other point: whenever her experience is brought up, the politicos protect her by saying, "But she has more experience than Obama does!" Yet they say that Obama isn't qualified. So do we want someone like her because she is simply better than someone who doesn't meet their standard. In other words, let's say Obama is an F. Do we want a D? Weak logic, methinks. A bridge to nowhere!

Well, yeah we want her because she's running for VP and Barry O. is running for POTUS.

And as Barry O. himself has said, experience means nothing without judgment. Barry O. picked Biden. Poor choice. McCain picked Palin. OUTSTANDING choice.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

Huh? Did we see the same speech?

Here's the one I saw.

Shall we count words?

EDIT:

reply to post by jamie83

You might want to rethink complimenting me too freely. I tend to bite both ways.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
She appealed to every segment that Obama has trash-talked - the Pennsylvania steelworker, the Minnesota small farmer, small businessmen all over America. And she won the hearts of families with special needs by saying they would have an advocate in the White House.

She laid out the groundwork for the exposure of Obama's plans to raise taxes and increase the size of gov't.

I loved her line about Obama's 300 advisors, and she said "He should'a just asked John McCain".

My family has members with special needs, while we appreciate she would be an advocate, we just absolutely don't agree with Sarah Palin's view of politics. I just thought I would point that out.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join