It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Shroud of Turin of the Last Grandmaster of the Knights Templar?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
while I am at it...those two concluded in the book Hiram Key that there is 'something' buried in the Rosslyn Chapel, in Scotland. The book was somewhat of a cliffhanger, if I remember right, saying they had the OK to excavate the site, which has yet to happen.

There is also some reference to the Knights Templar discovering America before Columbus, in their book. Based on some carvings in that chapel of plants only found in America. It's all vague, here's a link:
www.rosslyn-chapel.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The pollen and carbon dating issues are all explainable in either direction. The Shroud has toured the mid-east (long before it was incased in glass) and could have picked up the pollen in any one of those trips. The carbon dating was upheld by the majority of the scientists who specialize in the technique, but there were the few that supported the belief that it was altered by the fire.... as I said, you will be able to find someone to say just about anything.

As for the boys... they have written a few interesting books... I think the Hiram Key was there biggest success to date. And while I don't think you can take all of their info as fact, it does pose a lot of interesting questions... add that to all of the other sources of info, and you really have to start thinking that some of these organized religions are founded on mis-information.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
I am facinated that with so many old world things, pyramids, shroud, stonehenge, maps of Antarctica, etc...that science still doesn't know many of the "hows". Advanced technology doesn't have to mean ray-guns....

Maybe we should admit that these long-dead peoples knew more than we know know about certain things. It is likely our ancestors were more advanced than we give them credit for. Really, don't we have nerve thinking these peoples were ignorant and uncivilized!

My question" why was all this knowledge lost? Or was it supressed? And by who?

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I have always believed much information was supressed in order for certain people or religious organizations to remain in power.

I think Dan Brown's book "The DaVinci Code" has some very accurate points about Mary Magdelan. If Jesus even existed, this woman was likely one of his closest advisors. The Catholic church and many others made her out to be a whore. Even the gospels downplay her importance, probably because Peter, Paul, Luke, and Matthew were all scared of the power she would have....
So, they withheld her importance.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
the last grand master of the Knights' Templar was burned at the stake. He wasn't beheaded. He wasn't wrapped in a shroud. He was incinerated, after having eloquently cursed the King of France and the Pope.

Check you history and your sources to find the real truth. The shroud of Turin arrived in Turin via a very circuitous route and can be traced historically back to the time of Christ.

the Davinci Code is a work of fiction. Brown is a clever, eclectic writer. But he all but plagerizes the work of Baigent, Leigh and Lincoln. But that doesn't make Brown's work or theories exposed fact.

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by radstar]

[Edited on 13-4-2004 by radstar]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Its seems though that theres so many "histories" of the Knights that its hard to distinguish the truth from the BS...i like to believe what Indiana Jones tells me...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Before being burned at the stake, the last grand master was humiliated and tortured. They chose to torture and crucify him in a doorway. He wasn't killed. He was healed and then burned at the stakes. While being healed, the authors of the book believe that the shroud was mockingly placed over him.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The theory that De Vinci poked fun at organised religion is justified, but he was a highly religious man. Otherwise he would not have been the GrandMaster of the Priory of Sion, an organisation which holds on to the original roots of Christianity. True his art work has many religious symbols within it, but they are there as living proof of his faith.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Maybe we should admit that these long-dead peoples knew more than we know know about certain things. It is likely our ancestors were more advanced than we give them credit for. Really, don't we have nerve thinking these peoples were ignorant and uncivilized!

My question" why was all this knowledge lost? Or was it supressed? And by who?

An ancient apocalypse of sorts is my theory, after a large disaster almost all knowledge would be lost in a few generations as they couldnt replace the technology (imagine trying to build a computer with rocks in a cave) and eventualy the knowledge gets lost and we are back to the primitive state.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The shroud is in fact a photographic portrait of Leonardo da Vinci, Grand Master of the Prieure de Sion from 1510 - 1519, if you have read 'The Templar Revelation' you will know that the beheading of the figure symbolizes the beheading of St. John the Baptist, I wont spoil the book for you by telling you why. But I will say that their theory coincides with a secret embedded throughout the Knights of Kadosh and Consistory degrees of Masonry.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Yes, there are circles of masons and historians alike who believe that the shroud was used for the second messiah aka Jaques de Molay.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Check this; from the conspiracies in religion forum:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by minimi]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join