It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much do we need to know before we can believe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Since the bar is set so high about alien life and the simple question are we alone? What does it take for people to believe something that is so hard to believe in? Why do we always have our theories shot down and debunked as something completely bogus? I believe we have done this to our self’s the bar is set so high, even if aliens landed in our back yards we would say it was the ice cream man going through the neighborhood. I like how people say 2012 they are going to come out and say….come on now. If we are already in denial and can’t even admit to anything or see the proof all around us, What makes people think we can start believing in 2012?

Just my two cents on something that came to mind.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
i def believe there is something out there... i don't believe they are from another planet... but another dimension... i think they will come and reveal themselves... i also believe it is called "The Great Deception"... they will land over a bunch of major cities.. just like independence day and then tell us that all religion is based off them... that they are actually our gods and created us through genetic manipulation... most will buy this... they will show holographic films of jesus being crucified, budda doing whateva budda did and so on and so forth... they will abolish our cash system say we are wrecking the planet and came to make sure we will make it through some kind of dimensional shift that when happens we all will be flying around in weird ufos looking at the rest of the galaxy... BUT DO NOT BELIEVE THIS! they are actually fallen angels ! satans last trick to take as many souls with him before God beats him up in Armageddon... so anyway to answer your question it will take a mass alien landing for everyone to believe... there will always be skeptics until than... and i bet there will be some freaks who don't even believe when that happens... ignorance is bliss

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by xweaponx
If we are already in denial and can’t even admit to anything or see the proof all around us, What makes people think we can start believing in 2012?

Ah, another person mistaking proof for evidence.

There is lots of evidence that strange things happen from time to time but - to the public at least - there is no proof. Just because we cant explain a sighting, it doesnt automatically mean proof of anything because you cant define or even identify it.

So when you say that "we are already in denial and can’t even admit to anything or see the proof all around us" then I say in denial of what? Admit to what? See proof of what exactly?

Your statement is as simple as as the question whether we are alone and the bar is set far, far too low.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by merka]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
How about some hard core proof. I don't deny that there is something strange going on, but to say unequivically that the evidence presented is proof that life from "out there" in the universe is visiting us is unfair and asking those of us who haven't been visited to blindly believe in the theories of others.

I used to believe.... then I came here.

top topics

join